• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I agree, it's something you certainly can't expect. More that you hope for.

But it doesn't make it any less disappointing when it happens (the storyline isn't wrapped up).
I mean the fact that it took them 3 seasons to briefly show the aliens was probably a sign.
At least The Leftovers was honest about never giving an explanation. lol

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe after one season, but after like three seasons there should be some kind of ending.

Also Colony was on basic cable, not on a generalist television channel.
Even Netflix cancels shows. I don't think platform matters if no one is watching. And there's only so many "drag the story out over 10 season" stories that people want to watch.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
New season of Bojack in 2 weeks?

This is where I shame myself and reveal I've only seen 1 episode of the show >_>

vypek

Oct 25, 2017

This is where I shame myself and reveal I've only seen 1 episode of the show >_>
Good think you mentioned this. I had no idea it was coming back. I wonder if Netflix will bother to alert me when its updated. Wish I'd get push notifications or marketing email on the lead up to series I watch getting new stuff added.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I'm okay with Mr. Robot ending after Season 4. That seems fine. Not everything needs to be drawn out.

Season 1 was incredible, but it hasn't been the same since.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Did we know that Discovery is working on a standalone streaming service that contains stuff from their suite of channels (Discovery, Animal Planet, Travel Channel, Food Network, Cooking Channel, DIY, HGTV, ID and TLC)? Cause they are. $5-8 price point.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/07/27/discovery-streaming-service-live-every-week-like-its-shark-week/
Huh... that's kinda neat I guess. I'll sub for a month if they put all of Unwrapped on there though. I was just looking for a way to watch that the other day.

Branaghs

Oct 27, 2017
Legit excited for Elementary Season 5 being added to my region's Netflix.

Don't @ me!

It is a decent show. As an recovering addict, there are some amazing scenes of Sherlock dealing with his addiction and some of the way he deals with and sees his addiction are very accurate. I am with you on this. :)

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH

It's a pretty difficult show to get into. I remember I started the first season a couple of years ago and dropped it halfway in. It wasn't good. After hearing that the show does get better, I decided to pick it up again this past summer, and muscled through it. It doesn't get good until about episode 8. I started the second season recently though and only watched the first episode so far because of how dark it was. I read that it gets even darker which I need to mentally prepare myself for.

It's not an easy watch.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
History has shown that Elementary is the vastly superior version of Holmes on TV to Sherlock anyway. Even the Anglophiles who hated the fact that Elementary existed can't defend the show anymore after series 4.

Reven

Oct 25, 2017
Love Elementary. I think its an entertaining and refreshing change to the Sherlock Holmes formula.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
History has shown that Elementary is the vastly superior version of Holmes on TV to Sherlock anyway. Even the Anglophiles who hated the fact that Elementary existed can't defend the show anymore after series 4.

Even better when some fans of the show were so sure a super secret 4th episode existed and would retroactively fix that god awful series 4.
Meanwhile, elementary continues to pass by unfazed.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

Sherlock is a bit... I dunno, up its own ass isnt it? The show I mean. I was really enjoying it but then it just got, I dunno, too much. Too pretencious? I cant pinpoint it exactly. I havent watched S4 yet :/

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Even better when some fans of the show were so sure a super secret 4th episode existed and would retroactively fix that god awful series 4.
Meanwhile, elementary continues to pass by unfazed.
I didn't know about that until I watched that Hbomberguy review. lol

Sherlock is a bit... I dunno, up its own ass isnt it? The show I mean. I was really enjoying it but then it just got, I dunno, too much. Too pretencious? I cant pinpoint it exactly. I havent watched S4 yet :/
I think it was a admittedly very stylish and exciting when series 1 came out, but the way they deal with Moriarty showed how shallow it was in the end.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
David Cronenberg Is Developing a TV Series
David Cronenberg is in the early stages of developing a TV series that would mark his debut as a creator of episodic narrative.

The director of cult films such as "Crash" and "Naked Lunch," who is being honored with a lifetime achievement award by the Venice Film Festival, revealed that he is working on a long-form personal TV project during a panel on the future of cinema at the fest. But he declined to add any specifics, because he "can't talk about it yet."
So, it's basically nothing at this stage, but I wanted to post this because:
1) Cronenberg
2) This:
Cronenberg has directed single TV episodes before. In 2015 he turned down an offer to helm the second season of "True Detective" because, he said at the time, he did not like the script.
He was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.