Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
I understand that. I guess I just found it kinda amusing that PS Now has a better BC catalog (even though it's streaming) compared to GamePass, at least to me. Another thing I noticed, no Sega games from what I can see on GP, but they're all over PS now.

I fully agree that it's a strong lineup if you like legacy stuff and don't mind the cloud, better than GP in that respect.

D BATCH

Nov 15, 2017
I understand that. I guess I just found it kinda amusing that PS Now has a better BC catalog (even though it's streaming) compared to GamePass, at least to me. Another thing I noticed, no Sega games from what I can see on GP, but they're all over PS now.
my guy you can't compare streaming to actual downloadable games.

Tratorn

Oct 25, 2017

A streamable God of War is still better than a downloadable Knack. Just an example, but you probably get it.

So if a library has much better games for someone, then it is better. Streaming can give some minus points but it doesn't suddenly make everything automatically the worst thing ever.

NANA

Oct 26, 2017
Got this earlier for two years, first time trying out PS Now and.. lol, yeah, I'll probably never bother again with streaming video games until there's some magical solution that fixes the input lag and iq.

Really hope they're working on a PS3 emulation.

maverick261

Nov 1, 2017
Yes. Log in on the playstation website und then follow the Spanish link on the first page in the tweet. It should add ps now 12 month sub in your shopping cart . If you have money in your ps wallet you can pay with that.

If you want to have more than one year just click on the Spanish link again and it will add another year.

Thank you, but it seems I was too late. It gives me an error message now. :(

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
RIP greatest deal since Best Buy GCU. So did I go the farthest out of everyone at 11/26/2032?

Geode

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer to play locally, but if I didn't have a choice then it wouldn't matter much to me. Anyway, I'm not picking up PS Now nor the PS+ Premium. Still have my PS1, 2, 3, Dreamcast, GameCube, N64, Wii U, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, so I'm good on legacy content. Also I already have GP and I'm enjoying that. I just noticed the legacy games on Now just seemed better to me than GP's legacy offerings.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Still seems to work for the UK.

Edit: Nope. It's dead.

Screenshot_2022-04-04_at_8.41.22_pm.png

Oct 25, 2017
You're not losing something just because someone else gains something though. Yes, you're paying more than people who only have PS Now right now, but you don't lose what you paid for in the first place, you even get something extra, and you're also not paying more than anyone else who's getting Premium.

As I said, I fully agree that Sony should do something to reward people who have paid for both, just because it would be the decent thing to do in my opinion. I just don't think that we're entitled to it or would have any leg to stand on in terms of legal actions.

I'm still baffled by this. PS Plus and Now are sperate products up until June. If you paid for both you should get the conversion benefits of both. Plus turns into Essential, Now turns into Premium. Doesn't matter that you're getting the same value they've established what the conversion is for each service and you shouldn't miss out on one because you also bought the other. Regardless, I'm pretty certain they'll tack the Essential remainder to begin after the Premium runs out it seems like the obvious thing to do.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
I'm still baffled by this. PS Plus and Now are sperate products up until June. If you paid for both you should get the conversion benefits of both. Plus turns into Essential, Now turns into Premium. Doesn't matter that you're getting the same value they've established what the conversion is for each service and you shouldn't miss out on one because you also bought the other. Regardless, I'm pretty certain they'll tack the Essential remainder to begin after the Premium runs out it seems like the obvious thing to do.
cool so since I'm good with plus until 2026 before this deal and 2032 with now after this deal you say I'm covered as a Plus subscriber the entire next console generation too!?! Awesome.

Egrimal

Oct 27, 2017
Aberdeen, Scotland
Worked for me an hour ago in the UK as I managed to add another year on to my PS Now sub taking me to 2024. It did error for me and say it was unavailable until I logged back into my account and then it came back and let me process it.

Apr 28, 2020
Yeah not working here. Can add to cart but can't finish the transaction.
I'm bummed out! Had issues with 2step verification and just now was able to clear it up with customer service and deal just ended.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
If you just want to see what's available, psnowguide.com is the best site.

I want to see the games and add them directly to my library. PSnowguide is good, but I still have to copy and paste the name onto the PS App to find the game and add to the library. PS App should have a filter option to show only PS Now games.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
If I knew for sure I'd enjoy the service I probably would have gone beyond 2024, but since I don't even know the full extent of it (and the fact that standard PS+ subscriptions tend to go on-sale pretty often), I'd rather not commit more than I feel comfortable with this early on.

Great deal, though. Assuming the premium service delivers, of course. At least I'm good for a few years.

JiyuuTenshi

Oct 28, 2017
There is no conversion benefit for regular PS Plus though, it's just a name change. PS Now subscribers are the only ones getting anything extra because that service simply doesn't exist anymore going forward.

Would you feel better if Sony would just not grandfather in anyone having PlayStation Now and just give them their remaining money back because they shut down the service?

Then PS+ and Now subscribers would need to reinvest that money again to upgrade Essential to Premium, so it wouldn't change in any way compared to the current conversion program, while PS Now-only subscribers would have to shell out $60 more to be able to keep streaming games as before.

Who exactly would benefit from this besides Sony?

Daniagatha

â–² Legend â–²
Aug 31, 2018
Brazil
We don't even know how much we will pay because our version will be the deluxe one so we can't even stack anything!!

cries-in-brazilian.gif

hydruxo

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not particularly bothered to be missing out on this deal considering we don't have a full list of games will be on here yet. The highest tier could be a bust for all we know.

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017

Disco Stu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not particularly bothered to be missing out on this deal considering we don't have a full list of games will be on here yet. The highest tier could be a bust for all we know.
Sure but even if you were planning on getting the lowest tier you'd still just be paying Ray base price and getting all of the features of Premium.

Daniagatha

â–² Legend â–²
Aug 31, 2018
Brazil
blog.br.playstation.com

ATUALIZAÇÃO: Novo PlayStation Plus será lançado em junho com centenas de jogos e muito mais valor do que nunca

Jogadores poderão escolher entre três opções flexíveis

PlayStation Plus Extra
  • Brasil
    • R$ 52,90 por mês / R$139,90 por trimestre / R$ 339,90 por ano

I JUST READ "nao disponivel" in the Deluxe and didn't scroll down. Thanks for the info <3

EDIT: I think the sad part is that here we dont have PS now. So I think if we subscribe to PS+ it will be converted to PS essential which is the same price.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Sure but even if you were planning on getting the lowest tier you'd still just be paying Ray base price and getting all of the features of Premium.
While this is true, it's also common for PS+ subscriptions to go on-sale so if you're not going to use the more advanced features of the premium, it might be better to save a few dollars and go that route. If the price difference for me is $80 CDN (with this deal) per year of premium, or say $50 CDN per year of PS+ Essentials via a sale, I'll need to decide whether the premium options are worth it for me or not.

It's why I didn't go "all-in" on this, since I'm not even sure how much I'll get out of premium. I'd hate to pay more for something I'm not going to make use of. Two years for me is enough, and after that...well, I'll decide what to do then.

erekiddo

Electric
Oct 25, 2017
I get an 'Access Denied' message now when visiting the original link. Wrap it up, folks.

dEsAkhK.png

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
RIP. Last night, I got a 1 year sub. Just tested it out after work and was impressed. Never had Now before. Decided to get another year and....error.