Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
PSA about a game very dear to me:
https://mooonmagic.itch.io/fjords

Fjords (currently for free on itch sale, but NOT in the bundle so you need to claim it individually)
cbHDfRo.gif

2579924-fjords.png

You can grab it for free as a covid 19 solidarity sale. Not sure if it ever get adds to the bundle, but this is my Indie GOTY 2013 right there.

Similar to the more famous Starseed Pilgrim, this game revolves around exploring not only a world, but also the rules of this world. Additionally, it allows you to hack into this world itself and carve your own way. How much you'll like this game hinges entirely on your mindset regarding exploring a world at your own pace, but if you do like these kind of experiences, it doesnt get much better than Fjords, which in my opinion also outshines the more famous Starseed Pilgrim.

This game is utterly amazing and still lingers in my mind 7 years later. I still hold it up as one of the most original and inspired Indie games I ever played. Sorry if this drives up expectations too much, but I really, really, really, really want you to check this out.

Please get this game, it deserves much, much more exposure.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember playing FJORDS all the way back in 2013, I think thanks to your advice Toma. Really interesting little game.

I also recommend people who pick it up check out the included PDF at some point. It's really great.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Oh god I opened up the bundle link this morning and three more pages have been added. What an adventure this has been. Once this is all over I'm gonna have to go through all these pages again haha.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, also. I tried Golf Peaks last night, after being recommended it by CGriffiths86.

I highly recommend it too! It's a really interesting golf themed puzzle game where your shots are decided by choosing an active card and swiping. The early puzzles all feel like they are trying to teach you something about the mechanics, and it gets rather difficult relatively quickly.

afterburn.itch.io

Golf Peaks by afterburn, Mirzka, wrnk

golf + cards + puzzles

Toma

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, also. I tried Golf Peaks last night, after being recommended it by CGriffiths86.

I highly recommend it too! It's a really interesting golf themed puzzle game where your shots are decided by choosing an active card and swiping. The early puzzles all feel like they are trying to teach you something about the mechanics, and it gets rather difficult relatively quickly.

afterburn.itch.io

Golf Peaks by afterburn, Mirzka, wrnk

golf + cards + puzzles

If anyone is curious about more input or wants to discuss the game, I made a thread a while ago:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/golf-peaks-zen-puzzle.192201/

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
How is this thread still at fewer posts than the bundle has games?

I feel like I underpaid at 200$. Damn they're filling it up quick.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is this thread still at fewer posts than the bundle has games?

I feel like I underpaid at 200$. Damn they're filling it up quick.
At 16 pages, honestly this thread is doing much better than the majority of indie gaming PC threads on this site. Even if I feel like it deserves much, much more. It's the best gaming deal in history AND one of the most successful charity fundraising events in gaming history.

Awesome donation at $200 btw. I donated $20 and I honestly feel like I didn't pay even nearly enough.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
At 16 pages, honestly this thread is doing much better than the majority of indie gaming PC threads on this site. Even if I feel like it deserves much, much more. It's the best gaming deal in history AND one of the most successful charity fundraising events in gaming history.

Awesome donation at $200 btw. I donated $20 and I honestly feel like I didn't pay even nearly enough.
Same here; I only put in $10. However, I did buy Sagebrush separately after finishing it, which is likely what I'll keep doing for other hidden gems that I play and enjoy that much.

Agreed on the relative popularity of and activity in this thread. It's not just an indie thread, but also deals with a site/launcher that a lot of people aren't that familiar with. At least not in the same way they are with Steam, etc.

Toma

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, its the reason why I dont feel bad relentlessly pushing the thread with impressions. Every push gets some more impressions and I hope it raises some more general awareness for Indies here (on top of anti racism cause of course)

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I had previously donated $200 earlier last week to actblue (which includes the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund and the Community Bail Fund among others) so I only donated $10 for this bundle and I still wish I would have given more. I haven't played any games yet, but I've been going through the threads and adding the recommended games to my collection.

Then I started checking in on the thread on itch.io which shows the games being added to the queue and it is moving faster than this thread. One game that's been on my wishlist for a while RBY iwas just added along with a couple other games I'd like to check out One Night Stand and Pikuniku.

This bundle has introduced me to a massive amount of games I've never heard of before that I'm way more hyped for than anything that's going to be announced this week.

I'm going to wait until games stop being added, then download a bunch, add them to my GOG Galaxy library and just try out a ton of different games to see what hooks me.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Careful with the Pikuniku mentions. As it stands that game isn't being added due to an error in how the dev posted it. Hopefully that's addressed soon. That would be an awesome little addition to the bundle.

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
Careful with the Pikuniku mentions. As it stands that game isn't being added due to an error in how the dev posted it. Hopefully that's addressed soon. That would be an awesome little addition to the bundle.
Devolver Digital themselves just posted 20 minutes ago, requesting it get added so I think it should go through.
A couple other games I don't think have been recommended yet in the bundle that I enjoyed are:

J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars
and
Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy

If you like point and clicks

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if there's any rhyme or reason to it, but I like that a lot of game pages I've clicked on have average playthrough times in their description. I really appreciate that!

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
So I haven't kept up with this thread in a few days. Now that its over 1200 games, is there a better way to add them to your itch.io app? I can't go through 50 pages.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
So I haven't kept up with this thread in a few days. Now that its over 1200 games, is there a better way to add them to your itch.io app? I can't go through 50 pages.
Nope. They added search and will be later adding in the ability to mass add everything to your library. They're aware, but the functionality isn't there yet.

I actually think I'd feel even more paralyzed if I suddenly had all the games on my main page. I've found it a lot more rewarding and effective getting recommendations and looking through curated lists to see what I'd like to check out.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For now I recommend just finding a game you like the look of, and using the search feature on your downloads page to add it.

Once the bundle is ending and the traffic goes down, they plan on adding more filtering options and an add all button.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
Bought, though i doubt i will play much of these.
The bundle besides a being good deed is also a good ad for the platform and the games in the bundle, i hope it grows and some hidden gems get the attention they deserve.

ahh no Dicey Dungeons in the bundle (sry i'm too greedy)

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Nope. They added search and will be later adding in the ability to mass add everything to your library. They're aware, but the functionality isn't there yet.

I actually think I'd feel even more paralyzed if I suddenly had all the games on my main page. I've found it a lot more rewarding and effective getting recommendations and looking through curated lists to see what I'd like to check out.
For now I recommend just finding a game you like the look of, and using the search feature on your downloads page to add it.

Once the bundle is ending and the traffic goes down, they plan on adding more filtering options and an add all button.

As long as it's coming, I can wait. I'll never play them all anyway lol It was mainly for the donation.

Toma

Oct 25, 2017
Back to the grind! See if I can hit 100 by weekend.

Jmille99

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sending a thank you to everyone with their impressions. Completely lost on where to start and you all have been a great help.

Deleted member 9290

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow im overwhelmed by the number of available games. What are some recommendations? Just browsing I already saw nuclear throne! That game alone is more than 5 bucks worth it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow im overwhelmed by the number of available games. What are some recommendations? Just browsing I already saw nuclear throne! That game alone is more than 5 bucks worth it.
Check out the collections!

A large collection of 120 or so games by me and Devin. Includes some games in the queue that should be added later (and are labeled):

A (currently) smaller collection by Toma, with short impressions and ordered by how much he enjoyed them:

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017

Anodyne
A Short Hike
Nuclear Throne
Celeste
Golf Peaks
Hidden Folks
Midboss
Minit
Night in the Woods
Quadrilateral Cowboy
Sagebrush
Runner 3
Super Hexagon
The Space Between
Tonight We Riot

and that's just the beginning

I've finally started adding stuff to my account and it's tough finding cover art in Playnite for some of this :(

Last edited:

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I keep trying to install the Itch.io launcher, but it gives an error every time. Anyone know how to fix that?

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
I keep trying to install the Itch.io launcher, but it gives an error every time. Anyone know how to fix that?
Download the 25.4.0 archive-default version from here and install it manually (for Windows it goes in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\itch, not sure about other platforms). It was the only way I could get it to install.

Untogether

Oct 29, 2017
Five million, and four and a half days still to go. Just amazing what the gaming community can achieve when they put their minds to it.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
It seems like I cannot download a lot of the games from the bundle. It prompts me to buy them instead. Is that a server issue?

Deleted member 13148

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It seems like I cannot download a lot of the games from the bundle. It prompts me to buy them instead. Is that a server issue?
Are you going through the bundle download page? You should have gotten an email with the download page. You can also get to it by going here: https://itch.io/my-purchases/bundles

At the moment, you have to claim each game by clicking "Download" before they show up in your library, though you don't have to actually download anything. There will likely be a way to claim everything at once later.

Deleted member 9290

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anodyne
A Short Hike
Nuclear Throne
Celeste
Golf Peaks
Hidden Folks
Midboss
Minit
Night in the Woods
Quadrilateral Cowboy
Sagebrush
Runner 3
Super Hexagon
The Space Between
Tonight We Riot

and that's just the beginning

I've finally started adding stuff to my account and it's tough finding cover art in Playnite for some of this :(
Another playnite fellow! Nice,