• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's live!
itch.io

Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality by itch.io and 1391 others

Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality: 1741 items for $5.00

We're inviting creators all across our platform to join us in supporting organizations that are working directly with those affected.

We're hosting a bundle where anyone can join with all proceeds split between:
The bundle will be Pay-what-you-want with a minimum price of $5. All creators on itch.io are encouraged to participate. We'll be waiving itch.io's cut to ensure we contribute the most we can. The bundle will start Friday, June 5th and run through June 15th

Where to start?

Due to the overwhelming number of games, Devin and I have been putting together a collection of recommended games:

Toma has been putting together some short impressions as well in his collection:

An additional recommendation thread can be found here:
www.resetera.com

Itch.io Racial Justice bundle game recommendations

Most of you have probably already purchased this bundle. If you haven't, I highly encourage you to. You'll be directly supporting the Black Lives Matter movement, and there are now over 1000 games in that bundle. Here's a link- https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality A...

This thread can also serve as a recommendation thread.

Other itch.io Bundles in Support
Black Lives Matter Support Bundle

Black Lives Matter Support Bundle by Contigo Games and 18 others

Black Lives Matter Support Bundle: up to 20 items starting at $20.00

Black Lives Matter / Minnesota Freedom Fund Support Bundle

Black Lives Matter / Minnesota Freedom Fund Support by lum

A bundle by lum, $3.74 for THE DEVIL HAUNTS ME, PARANOIHELL

Last edited:

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
don't think that's the same bundle - it looks like itch is still taking submissions for the one in the OP
Oh, weird! It seems to have the same two organizations listed...I wonder if they're adding to it over time?

Edit: looks like the one I linked is hosted by Contigo Games, not by Itch.io itself. Either way, good stuff in there.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, weird! It seems to have the same two organizations listed...I wonder if they're adding to it over time?

Edit: looks like the one I linked is hosted by Contigo Games, not by Itch.io itself. Either way, good stuff in there.

Yup, looks like a separate initiative by Contigo. Here's Nina Freeman (We Met in May, Cibele) tweeting about it:

Also, Contigo's linking to other bundles on itch.io doing the same (see the rest of the thread for more):

May 10, 2019
Yeah, the main bundle isn't out until Friday it looks like, but the more bundles and games doing this on itch, the better!

OP
OP

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Itch does their own bundles but they also provide a platform for others to run their own bundles. This is one of those, the main one is on Friday.

They are already over $10k though, which is great!

OP
OP

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The BLM support bundle is now nearly at 30k!

Sounds like main bundle is going to be quite something on Friday.

Last edited:

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
This is pretty awesome.

Want to add mine to the list but it's still unindexed, dunno if it's possible.

Deleted member 13148

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The BLM support bundle is now nearly at 30k!

Sounds like main bundle is going to be quite something on Friday.

Wow, going through what's been submitted already, this will be an absolutely incredible bundle, including several fairly new games I was planning on buying soon, all for a great cause.

AdamT

Oct 27, 2017
Providence, Rhode Island
Happily gave $40 to the Contigo Bundle. Excited for the main bundle. Seeing all the entries brought a tear to my eye (happening a lot lately) due to the overwhelming support.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was going through the submissions and here are some that caught my eye:

Reky
Oxenfree
Bleed
Bleed 2
Double Cross
Night in the Woods
Minit
Tonight we Riot (????? It makes sense given the studio, but damn.)
Cook Serve Delicious 2
Midboss
Ghost Grab 3000
Oneshot
Super Hexagon
Glittermitten Grove
Wide Ocean Big Jacket
Quadrilateral Cowboy
A Short Hike
Cardinal Chains
Blades in the Dark
Wheels of Aurelia
The King's Bird

That alone is a pretty amazing bundle.

Last edited:

Deleted member 13148

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was going through the submissions and here are some that caught my eye:

Reky
Oxenfree
Bleed
Bleed 2
Double Cross
Night in the Woods
Minit
Tonight we Riot (????? It makes sense given the studio, but damn.)
Cook Serve Delicious 2
Midboss
Ghost Grab 3000
Oneshot
Super Hexagon
Glittermitten Grove
Wide Ocean Big Jacket
Quadrilateral Cowboy
A Short Hike
Cardinal Chains
Blades in the Dark

That alone is a pretty amazing bundle.
Yup, it's pretty incredible. I think this thread will quickly turn into a recommendation thread, because there are a lot of smaller games worth looking at in this bundle as well.

Here are a few more worth looking at, and I'm sure there's a ton more that I missed:

• Art Sqool
  • Beacon
  • Beglitched
  • Catlateral Damage
  • Fortune-499
  • Heavy Bullets
  • Mable and the Wood
  • A Mortician's Tale
  • Overland
  • Signs of the Sojourner
  • The Stillness of the Wind
  • Vignettes
  • Visual Out

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm cool with this becoming a recommendation thread. There's so many games here.

I didn't notice A Mortician's Tale! That's another awesome addition. Some of the others you list look interesting to me too.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome! 744 projects, with more to potentially come later. I already donated, can't wait to play around with some of these.

Updated the OP, added a threadmark, and asked for the title to be updated.

Last edited:

Deleted member 13148

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yup. I'm glad everything isn't automatically added to your library, going through and finding some interesting ones. I've noticed a few others, like Plunge, which was made by a local developer. I played some of it at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo. It was a fun puzzle-ish rogue-lite.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
how the heck do I find my way back to the bundle download page after purchasing? it doesn't appear in my purchase history

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
Holy hell, this is amazing. Do your part, everyone, and try to get that "average contribution" as high as possible!

OP
OP

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how the heck do I find my way back to the bundle download page after purchasing? it doesn't appear in my purchase history
Yeah I think this is something they need to work on. You should have been emailed a download page link. Any game you click download on gets added to your account.

Someone complained on twitter that having their account instantly filled with 700+ games would be a nightmare, this was the compromise they did on the quick. I'll fire out a message to Leaf.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I paid a few times the minimum just because, but holy shit is that page of downloads daunting. I have no idea what to even start with.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I think this is something they need to work on. You should have been emailed a download page link. Any game you click download on gets added to your account.

Someone complained on twitter that having their account instantly filled with 700+ games would be a nightmare, this was the compromise they did on the quick. I'll fire out a message to Leaf.
yeah I didn't get an email. i've bookmarked the download page for now but hopefully they find a fix.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 13148

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here's a good review of Signs of the Sojourner, a card-based conversation game that came out less than a month ago for $20.

Deleted member 3294

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Incredible bundle, and amazing work from itch.io for pulling this off. Props to all of the developers for contributing to this too.

Sanguine

Jun 10, 2018
Incredible bundle (the main one). I went as far above the minimum as I could spare at the moment.

Beefsquid

Oct 27, 2017
USA
What an amazing bundle. I donated above the recommended amount and hope others can as well.
I also didn't get an email yet, but I assume they're getting slammed

Deleted member 13148

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What an amazing bundle. I donated above the recommended amount and hope others can as well.
I also didn't get an email yet, but I assume they're getting slammed
Yeah, I was one of the first five to buy it, and haven't gotten an email yet. I just saved the URL, but I'm sure they'll get it all sorted out.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it seems like many people aren't getting their email receipts.

Bookmark it in the meantime and this should be fixed soon.

Jan 3, 2019
Zehzin's list of bundled games he played and knows is pretty good and you should look at them:
- Oxenfree
- Night in the Woods
- A Short Hike
- Overland
- Oneshot
- Super Hexagon
- Minit
- Bleed 1 and 2
- Glimmermitten Grove (Frog Fractions 2 is in this game and if you don't know what Frog Fractions is please google it)
- Quadrilateral Cowboy

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Seven hundred and forty four games? This isn't a bundle, this is a lifetime's worth of game library.

AND I AM HERE FOR IT.