• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn i'm bummed no new hardware. I really want to have a viable laptop I can use (my Surface pro 3 sucks as a laptop) but I was hoping they'd announce something new I can bite on. I'm torn if I should just say fuck it and buy a 2017 Macbook.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Walkie Talkie for the Watch is giving me flashbacks to those Nextel phone days.

Ugh, those days were the WORST. The constant beeping and speakerphone conversations.

De3y8CGUcAIN47U

Hell yeah.
I didn't realize till recently that Android already did the auto copy for security codes. That was a nice time saver.

High Sierra was the last to run 32-bit "without compromise", Mojave is the last one to run them at all.

Not sure what the compromises in Mojave are, exactly.

Hmm.
trncMbc.jpg

hEist

Oct 26, 2017
installed Mojave dev beta on my mid-13 MacBook Air.
running good here. If you are a little snitch user, you need to uninstall it since it's causing kernel panics and driving the cpu in circles (80%...)

iOS 12 runs really good on my iPhone X.

I guess, watchOS 5 is not supporting first gen watches?

massive

Oct 25, 2017
Installed iOS12 on my iPad Pro and it's surprisingly very fast. Performance is great, no slowdown or lag at all from iOS 11.4 in fact it seems noticeably faster. Usually the first developer betas are very janky and have all sorts of issues but this one feels very polished (so far). I'm probably going to put this on my main iPhone later tonight.

Screen Time is really nice and well fleshed out. Here's a few pics after couple minutes on iPad. I'm kind of afraid to learn how much time I spend on certain websites.

And the new UI for notifications is a lot easier to understand and cleaner looking.

Very cool, it looks like you can do website-specific time limits. What happens when you tap "Ignore Limit" when your time is up? Can you set it up so you don't have the option to ignore the limit anymore?

I'd like to be able to set up a hard lock-out once the time limit is reached without the option for extending time.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I caved and am installing iOS 12 on my iPad Air as i'm posting is ... looking forward to how it'll perform.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Workflow already supports Siri Shortcuts. iOS 12 will be lit, can't wait for the stable release. Beta runs incredibly smooth and fast on the 5s btw. I've never used 11 on it but it's a huge leap from what I remember from iOS 10.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Mojave downloaded. Now on to iOS 12. I'm glad these betas are relatively stable. I remember pioneering iOS 7, which was crazy in its early days.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Very cool, it looks like you can do website-specific time limits. What happens when you tap "Ignore Limit" when your time is up? Can you set it up so you don't have the option to ignore the limit anymore?

I'd like to be able to set up a hard lock-out once the time limit is reached without the option for extending time.

When your time runs out and you press "Ignore Limit" you get a prompt with three options. "Remind Me in 15 Minutes" , "Ignore Limit for Today" (both of those require a special Screen Time passcode that you set), and "Cancel."

So it's not possible to do what you want (hard lock-out) yet. Kind of doubt they would add that option tbh, but I need it too since I have no self control :p

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
installed on Apple TV, iPhone, and iPad Pro. OG watch is left out of the fun (grabbing Series 4 this fall). No way I am touching Mojave on my hackintosh with a 1000' pole.

massive

Oct 25, 2017
When your time runs out and you press "Ignore Limit" you get a prompt with three options. "Remind Me in 15 Minutes" , "Ignore Limit for Today" (both of those require a special Screen Time passcode that you set), and "Cancel."

So it's not possible to do what you want (hard lock-out) yet. Kind of doubt they would add that option tbh, but I need it too since I have no self control :p

Hah, I hear ya! Is it possible to set a really complicated (I'm thinking like 25+ character alphanumeric) Screen Time password that's a nightmare to type or do they limit it to the regular 6-digit numeric code? I'm thinking if I made the password sufficiently annoying I'd give up and it'd have the same effect as a hard lock-out...

hEist

Oct 26, 2017
How come the favicons aren't transparent like other browsers. I'm on firefox on windows now and it is.

It's something I noticed with the favicons in bookmarks, and it looks even worse in dark mode.
you mean the ResetEra icon particular or in general? All other icons (google,..) are transparent. It's this forums icon here on safari, which is not transparent.

The home app is already in the beta, right?
yes.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Public Beta begins later this month right? I might have to hop at beta 2 or 3, simply for the group notifications.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
you mean the ResetEra icon particular or in general? All other icons (google,..) are transparent. It's this forums icon here on safari, which is not transparent.

yes.

Yeah, I meant resetera. My b.

It doesn't look good in dark mode, but I guess that's on this site's side?

Oct 25, 2017
Transmit 5 in the Mac App Store later this year because of changes to sandboxing. Will be subscription-based on MAS as a way to allow free trials? But, you can buy directly from them for a flat price.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is going to kill emulators, won't it?

see

i imagine the vast majority of emulators for 2D systems use software renderers anyway - openGL support doesn't really matter for that. for stuff like dolphin, short-term their openGL renderers should still work, but they'll have to move to metal eventually to stay on the mac. i know dolphin at least has both native metal and vulkan-via-moltenvk renderers in the works, but not sure about other emulators.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Hah, I hear ya! Is it possible to set a really complicated (I'm thinking like 25+ character alphanumeric) Screen Time password that's a nightmare to type or do they limit it to the regular 6-digit numeric code? I'm thinking if I made the password sufficiently annoying I'd give up and it'd have the same effect as a hard lock-out...

Seems limited to just a four digit passcode at the moment. There is no "passcode options" thing to make it six digits or alphanumeric. It's a little buggy too, the password prompt opened in the top left corner halfway off the screen, so it's still clearly a work in progress.

I like your idea though, will use the beta feedback app to put in a feature request for more passcode options.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Installed iOS12 on my iPad Pro and it's surprisingly very fast. Performance is great, no slowdown or lag at all from iOS 11.4 in fact it seems noticeably faster. Usually the first developer betas are very janky and have all sorts of issues but this one feels very polished (so far). I'm probably going to put this on my main iPhone later tonight.

Screen Time is really nice and well fleshed out. Here's a few pics after couple minutes on iPad. I'm kind of afraid to learn how much time I spend on certain websites.

And the new UI for notifications is a lot easier to understand and cleaner looking.

Oh god, I didn't know it was going to break it down by website.

I'm fucked.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I can't believe it takes so long to "download messages from iCloud" to sync when I have literally less than a hundred MB of messages+photos all together.

rip blue & graphite

Just make everything solarized.
O

M

G

I HAVE ASKED AND WAITED FOR THIS SINCE 10.2! Finally. They're making OS X like OS 9 again. I can't wait to change my accent color to orange or red or yellow. I've had my selection color set to orange forever.

I cannot wait to install these betas.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wider third-party siri support is great but what is HELLA dope is being able to make your own custom commands

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit. Ios 12 on ipad doesn't let you set a timer to "stop playing". The list item is there, it just won't stcik. Urgh!

How am i gonna doze off to youtube vids for the next two weeks or so :D

Edit: the keyboard is soooo responsive now!