• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

celebi23

Oct 26, 2017
bMVokzl.gif

j5XX7ny.png

2bvqZgn.png

• Web Site: http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/
  • Where: McEnery Convention Center - San Jose, CA
  • Dates: June 4th thru June 8th, 2018
  • Events: Keynote, Apple Design Awards, Workshops, Stump the Experts, WWDC Bash, Lunchtime Speakers
  • Purpose: Apple held conference to provide developers and IT professionals with in-depth technical information and hands-on learning about the powerful technologies in iOS, macOS and watchOS.

3zx4h7A.png

Ld6BWRv.png

aqU6qiz.png

Like the last few Apple events, they will be broadcasting it live. It will also be available to watch again on Apple's Web site hours after the event has ended. The places that you can watch the video (again a few hours after the keynote has ended):

Text/Photos

Currently updating this section with new links

(If you find other live blogs, please feel free to post the urls)

WWDC App:

Unofficial WWDC app for macOS

WWDC for macOS

dY5tneg.png

(Still updating this section)

• Watch/watchOS 5

• MacBook /Air/Pro

• iPad

• TV/tvOS

• General WWDC rumors

CKJzisn.png

Good Job Bob;38750803 said:

5BsGO1Z.png

• Will be updated after the keynote has finished

TuqOEvY.png

• Official WWDC 2005 Apple Keynote thread - it's on!

• Official Apple WWDC 2006 keynote thread

• The Official Apple WWDC 2007 Thread

• Official Apple WWDC 2008 Thread (3G iPhone and...more?)

• WWDC09 Thread of iPhones and Snow Leopards

• WWDC10 Thread of iPhones and iProducts galore

• WWDC11 Thread of iOS 5, Mac OS X Lion and iCloud

• WWDC12 Thread of iOS 6, Mac OS X Mountain Lion and iCloud

• WWDC13 Thread of iOS 7 & Mac OS X 10.9, where a whole new world's developing

• WWDC14 Thread of iOS 8 and Mac OSX 10.10

• WWDC15 Thread of iOS 9, Mac OS X 10.11 & watchOS: The epicenter of change.

• WWDC16 Thread of iOS 10, macOS 10.12, watchOS & tvOS. print ("Hello, WWDC!")

• WWDC17 Thread of iOS 11, macOS 10.13, watchOS 4 & tvOS 11.

Special thanks to Andrex for the header images!

ZzTUzID.png

NOTE: I'm posting this a little bit early as I won't be getting home on Sunday until very late. I hope that it's ok.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh good now I don't have to make the thread. Thanks!

Also, quality OT. I'm looking forward to Monday!

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
Please announce a complete rewrite of Xcode. That piece of shit has become more broken and unstable with every release.

Or at the very least give us back the folding gutter goddammit.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
It won't happen, but an updated MacBook Air with an improved screen would make me so happy.

But it wouldn't make sense within the company's current laptop lineup, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them phase out the MBA within the next year.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
My phone upgrade has been active for about 3 months now so i'm looking for some nice IOS stuff so I can decide if im picking up the next X or not

Thisman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Predictions:

1. iOS will focus on stability and performance
2. Dark mode exclusive for iPhone X and iPad Pros
3. Updated iPhone SE
4. Improved Siri AI
5. Next generation AR/VR
6. Mac OS X will have the biggest feature update of the event

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
I blocked the time off my work calendar. I put it 30 mins before for 2 hours with a generic "Blocked" so I wouldn't get called out for blocking off my work schedule for an apple keynote lol

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So are we expecting nothing worthwhile with iOS 12?

I guess if we can get a dark mode and bug fixes that'd be great.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
It won't happen, but an updated MacBook Air with an improved screen would make me so happy.

But it wouldn't make sense within the company's current laptop lineup, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them phase out the MBA within the next year.

They should just kill off the MacBook Air in my opinion. Just MacBook and MacBook Pro's.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Watch OS5 fixes the really laggy workout app. Almost everytime I open the app it takes almost 30 seconds for me to be able to select a workout. I'm on a Series 3 watch.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
iOS 12 is gonna be a whole lot of nothing

I hope so.

----

Some claim that iOS 12 is going to be refinement and tweaking their current state. Not introducing new things or ways, but improving on what they have now.

• Improve the notifications. It's honestly really bad when you compare it to Android.
  • Settings needs to be sectioned. I don't want to scroll to the setting I need.
  • Improve Siri's basic functionality. It doesn't work that great when I try to ask something
  • Homekit is still iffy.
  • Dark mode

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
iOS 12 is the one rumored to be focused on stability, right?

if that's the case, there probably not many new functions this year.

Oct 25, 2017
Nice OP.

But isn't a MacBook similarly priced?

Mac mini was/is more customizable, cheaper, and more powerful given that it doesn't have to fit in as tight a thermal envelope.

Given that they locked down a bunch of upgrades with the last revision, didn't release a quad-core model, and it hasn't been updated in almost four years though, it's been a long road for the users of that machine.

offshore

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Legit jumped out of my chair when I saw the dark mode leak. lol. My expectations for 10.14 were on the floor, so this is a megaton as far I'm concerned.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Let's guess the next Disney Apple Watch watchface.

Maybe it'll be Wreck It Ralph
Maybe it'll be Frozen
Maybe it'll be something classic like Aladdin.

johan

Oct 29, 2017
That analyst better be wrong about no new MacBook Pros, because I really need a new laptop

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
Same, I want them six cores dammit
I'd even be happy with a quad core right now. My 2013 rMBP is dual core, 8gb/256gb. Would love to go to quad (or hexacore?), 16gb/512gb. Maybe go for the 15" instead of 13".

What laptop do you have right now?

As long as Apple does something about that keyboard... I can live with the silly touchbar and lack of ports, I think.

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
Always wait for Fall.

I have a fall 2013 13" MBP, but I'm going to wait until 2020 when the ARM Macs come out. For being old, this laptop still feels quite new.
Yeah I will say mine (late 2013 13") still feels quite snappy for general usage, but I'm starting to get into some more computational-type stuff and the increased specs (cpu/ram/ssd) would be great to have.

Also that new hardware itch of course. :p

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
Yeah I will say mine (late 2013 13") still feels quite snappy for general usage, but I'm starting to get into some more computational-type stuff and the increased specs (cpu/ram/ssd) would be great to have.

Also that new hardware itch of course. :p
Now that I'm no longer in college CS courses and have a separate work laptop, my MBP is used for typical web use for which it is quite proficient.

Otherwise, I can see it being limited.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017

Definitely one of the best computers I have ever bought.

Still use my 2011 13" in the road pretty much everyday and it still runs perfectly. Going to update it this summer but it's not a no brainer anymore which laptop to get.

RSena7

Oct 26, 2017
If there aren't going to be any new Macbooks announced, at least lower the prices of the current gen. The base MBP 13 needs to drop to at least 1k.