• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Zach just having the ability to time stop is the weirdest thing.

It always bothered me we never got an explanation of where she came from nor where she went to.

How does he get away with this shit?

I just imagine that every weird thing that happens in this show is Zack abusing a stand ability. Time freezing soliloquies? The World. The Miss Bliss and Tori seasons not making any sense in canon? Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. Everyone still being his friend despite being a total asswipe all the time? Probably Love Train.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
I just imagine that every weird thing that happens in this show is Zack abusing a stand ability. Time freezing soliloquies? The World. The Miss Bliss and Tori seasons not making any sense in canon? Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. Everyone still being his friend despite being a total asswipe all the time? Probably Love Train.

I'm actually quite shocked at how well the Miss Bliss era fits in with the Saved by the Bell world, except for the unexplained location warp from the middle of Indiana to Southern California. I think they even referenced/brought back Miss Bliss during College Days.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
the only time Zach met his scumbag match was when Mr. Belding's brother showed up. Rod had Zach shook as fuck.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
I just want to ask, did the mid 90s kill all blond men from TV?

I think it's funny if you assume this is the same character:
Was dat?

I just spent the last hour watching these, they are hilarious, and I never noticed how much of a dipshit Zack was when I was just 12yo, I love the related videos from other series also, like this from 7th Heaven

http://youtu.be/jsYRMxHij0U
This is probably one of the better ones given how ridiculous that show was.

These are all great but I'm pretty sure this is my favorite

http://youtu.be/sO5gV_vmabM

Also the way the narrator enunciates "Zack. Morris. Is. Trash." always makes me lol
I want that shirt at 3:10 so bad!

Yes, it works due to the content and the context of what he is talking about.

Reminds me of this

http://youtu.be/2i7GID7Ze8c
What a cool narc.

Okay, this one is definitely better at showing why he's so terrible.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'm actually quite shocked at how well the Miss Bliss era fits in with the Saved by the Bell world, except for the unexplained location warp from the middle of Indiana to Southern California. I think they even referenced/brought back Miss Bliss during College Days.
Zach Morris is such trash he stole an entire show away from a completely different character.

But then again so did Urkel. The worst thing Urkel ever did was destroy Carl's garage. And punch a hole in the roof somehow going through not just one ceiling but another and then out through the attic all without harming himself at all. Oh and almost getting him and Carl trapped in pirate times. And built an atomic bomb that destroyed Chicago, wait that was a dream Laura had. Oh, and accidentally shrinking himself and Carl down to cat snack size. But I digress.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
In retrospect I'm surprised this show never comments on the time stop.

It sort of did, once. One time, when Zack used a subliminal tape to make all the girls fall in love with him, and he was discovered, so they decided to teach him a lesson by having Slater and Belding pretend to be in love with him? or something like that. Anyways, the gang's all in belding's office, and slater goes to punch Zack. He does a time out, and escapes, and slater hits Belding. In a scene later in the show, slater says something like 'I still don't know how he got out of that office"

Zach Morris is such trash he stole an entire show away from a completely different character.

But then again so did Urkel. The worst thing Urkel ever did was destroy Carl's garage. And punch a hole in the roof somehow going through not just one ceiling but another and then out through the attic all without harming himself at all. Oh and almost getting him and Carl trapped in pirate times. And built an atomic bomb that destroyed Chicago, wait that was a dream Laura had. Oh, and accidentally shrinking himself and Carl down to cat snack size. But I digress.

To be fair, Good Morning Miss Bliss was canceled by the Disney Channel. NBC retooled it when they picked it up like a couple of years later. I mean, if you're going to focus on the kids, and dump most of the adults, you have to pick someone to focus on out of the 5 kid actors from GMMB, it wasn't going to be Lisa or Screech, and you didn't even hire the other 2, sooooo.....

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
It sort of did, once. One time, when Zack used a subliminal tape to make all the girls fall in love with him, and he was discovered, so they decided to teach him a lesson by having Slater and Belding pretend to be in love with him? or something like that. Anyways, the gang's all in belding's office, and slater goes to punch Zack. He does a time out, and escapes, and slater hits Belding. In a scene later in the show, slater says something like 'I still don't know how he got out of that office"

Zack Morris, is a ten.

Zack Morris, is a blonde Tom Cruise.

I remember that episode vividly.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I believe the current favorite fan theory is that Zack is actually a loser in Indianapolis who peaked in middle school so he has a power fantasy of being a "cool California dude" who is the most popular kid in school with every girl fawning over him. What you see in SBTB isn't real, it's all in the Miss Bliss era Zack's head which explains freezing time, 4th wall breaks, etc.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...y-the-bell-theory_us_56ba33ace4b08ffac122d51e

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Lol. This is one of my favorite Youtube series. I wish they could produce them faster, but they're gold. I remember watching Saved by the Bell every day after school. Zack is such a fucking tool. The other series they have are pretty great too. The 7th Heaven one posted in this thread is also hilarious.

Oct 28, 2017
Lol. This is one of my favorite Youtube series. I wish they could produce them faster, but they're gold. I remember watching Saved by the Bell every day after school. Zack is such a fucking tool. The other series they have are pretty great too. The 7th Heaven one posted in this thread is also hilarious.

Was the hang glider plan real or a joke?

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
I never understood why she kicked the soccer ball away at the beach.

The staging was terrible, but the character was supposed to be terrible at football / soccer and thus I think the idea is that she miss hits or kicks the ball, which has to be retrieved long distance away. Far enough for Johnny to come along and argue with her whilst Danny is away.

Shue stated in an interview that she was actually a good player and played on boys teams all her life, she probably couldn't bring herself to be terrible and just booted it :P

OP
OP
Sketchsanchez

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That may have been the weakest one but man those freeze frames on Zack various shit eating grins in that episode was on point.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I agree the Miss Bliss season does fit outside of the location change which can be ignored. Everyone else moved or got other jobs while Zack, etc stayed.

Gone but not forgotten.

XKqLfFs0QH6EPnX8bWwI_Tori_Scott%20(1).png
Tori appearing and disappearing though confused the hell out of me when I was younger. I knew I didn't see every episode but with her it felt like she was just suddenly there and then gone never to be referenced again and she was apart of the group. On rewatch that is pretty much what happen. She gets a quick intro and disappears just as quick in the end.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
These seem like a mediocre attempt at the brilliant Karate Kid retelling from a few years back.

I'll be honest; I went back and watched more of these and these are way better than something like that. I hate those "If you look at it another way, Batman's actually WORSE than the Joker"-type retellings. These are funny because you don't have to contort things to make it work.

Kor of Memory

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tori appearing and disappearing though confused the hell out of me when I was younger. I knew I didn't see every episode but with her it felt like she was just suddenly there and then gone never to be referenced again and she was apart of the group. On rewatch that is pretty much what happen. She gets a quick intro and disappears just as quick in the end.

I looked this up some time ago because it drove me nuts as a kid as well.

IIRC, The studio ordered more episodes at the last minute, but couldn't get Kelly and Jessie to come back for more episodes. They finished the season with the graduation episode (the swan lake episode I believe) but then ordered another 12 episodes. Thus Tori... The Tori episodes were squeezed into the end of the last season, and then they still used the Swan Lake episode as the finale.

Personally, I'm more curious about the summer break episodes with Leah Remini. Those were always my favorite as a kid, but I'd love to see a Zack Morris is Trash take on them.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You know the funny thing?

I used to WANT TO BE Zack Morris. Like, his badass room and beanbag chair and everything. He was popular and cool.

Hindsight is a bitch.