Merv

Oct 27, 2017
The content is great. Imagining someone so incensed with Zach's actions to make this is priceless.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Mfw no episode this Friday

4670301f32add7c4edeb793c5f9cc94b.gif

At least we get more of A Very Special Episode next week.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
If we're posting A Very Special Episode videos in here also then here's a new one.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have so many questions. One, is that not a high school teacher? Why is she confessing to a crime she plans to commit at school with the door wide open? How old is that kid supposed to be? The fuck did I just watch?

It's a "college ethics professor." They're both in college. This is from like the second to last season. He's supposed to be old enough to drink.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
He needs to do the episodes where Cody saves Dana, and she keeps treating him like shit

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He needs to do the episodes where Cody saves Dana, and she keeps treating him like shit

They need to do an episode about how the first time Cody is introduced, he's a fucking pedophile hitting on Dana. Cody was supposed to be like 25 in the episode, while Dana was like 14. Literally his entire character in the first season is him being madly in love with her and hitting on her and her rejecting him over and over again.

After the first season, they stopped that, because it was creepy as shit.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
They need to do an episode about how the first time Cody is introduced, he's a fucking pedophile hitting on Dana. Cody was supposed to be like 25 in the episode, while Dana was like 14. Literally his entire character in the first season is him being madly in love with her and hitting on her and her rejecting him over and over again.

After the first season, they stopped that, because it was creppy as shit.
Damn he was suppose to be that old? I watched all of that show but details always escaped me because it was when i was growing out of TGIF( and it was dying). Didn't the nerdy kid also have a crush on the tomboy? There was a lot of sketchy shit going on in that house.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn he was suppose to be that old? I watched all of that show but details always escaped me because it was when i was growing out of TGIF( and it was dying). Didn't the nerdy kid also have a crush on the tomboy? There was a lot of sketchy shit going on in that house.

Naw, I don't remember Al and Mark ever interacting like that. But, then again, they basically stopped focusing on any character besides JT, Dana, Karen, Al, and the parents pretty quickly. By the end of the show, all Mark is, is masturbation jokes. I mean that literally, in the last season, his entire character is just repeated masturbation jokes and how horny he is.

It's funny that, in a show about 6 fucking step brothers and sisters, they wrote some of the siblings off the show (brendan stops appearing midway through the show and gets completely cut from the opening credits) while introducing NEW kids, like the baby they have that ages 5 years overnight (literally goes from infant to 5 year old in the span of one episode), or JT's roommate/Dana's boyfriend.

What a goofy fucking show.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Naw, I don't remember Al and Mark ever interacting like that. But, then again, they basically stopped focusing on any character besides JT, Dana, Karen, Al, and the parents pretty quickly. By the end of the show, all Mark is, is masturbation jokes. I mean that literally, in the last season, his entire character is just repeated masturbation jokes and how horny he is.

It's funny that, in a show about 6 fucking step brothers and sisters, they wrote some of the siblings off the show (brendan stops appearing midway through the show and gets completely cut from the opening credits) while introducing NEW kids, like the baby they have that ages 5 years overnight (literally goes from infant to 5 year old in the span of one episode), or JT's roommate/Dana's boyfriend.

What a goofy fucking show.
Remember the aunt and grandma? And they ran a beauty shop out the back of the house? That shit was quickly forgotten

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
There has to be a podcast that explorers TGIF, there is too much gold there not to

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember the aunt and grandma? And they ran a beauty shop out the back of the house? That shit was quickly forgotten

Remember when they wrote cody out of the show for one season, and replaced him with Bronson Pinochet immediately following the cancellation of Perfect Strangers, so he went from playing Balkie, the lovable foreigner, to playing Jean Luc, the lovable foreigner, back to back? And then he left the show after one season himself?

Also, in the last season, Cody comes back (which is actually what causes the series finale). Which is, you know, whatever. Except, by that point, he was already a well known wife beater, which is why they cut him from the show in the first place. He beat his wife so badly he was sentenced to 30 days in jail, being allowed to leave only to film step by step episodes, and then when he got out he beat her again and they fired him.

And yet, they still brought him back for the series finale just 2 seasons later.

Gaius Cassius

Oct 28, 2017
Oregon
Dude was always trash. There was an old episode where the gang meets a girl with glasses when talking about beauty, and I swear to God that Zack says a person that wears glasses is automatically ugly.

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when they wrote cody out of the show for one season, and replaced him with Bronson Pinochet immediately following the cancellation of Perfect Strangers, so he went from playing Balkie, the lovable foreigner, to playing Jean Luc, the lovable foreigner, back to back? And then he left the show after one season himself?

Also, in the last season, Cody comes back (which is actually what causes the series finale). Which is, you know, whatever. Except, by that point, he was already a well known wife beater, which is why they cut him from the show in the first place. He beat his wife so badly he was sentenced to 30 days in jail, being allowed to leave only to film step by step episodes, and then when he got out he beat her again and they fired him.

And yet, they still brought him back for the series finale just 2 seasons later.

Wow all these step by step memories are flying back into my brain. I need a 2 hour series recap ASAP

Stardestroyer

Oct 31, 2017
I never watched an episode of Step by Step, but i did watch the intro of the show for years. My mom taped the opening because she was moving to Cameroon and she was taping her favorite shows and it caught the intro of the show.

I dont know why but I just watched the intro and i remember that the last 10 seconds of the intro used to make me depress for some reason.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never watched an episode of Step by Step, but i did watch the intro of the show for years. My mom taped the opening because she was moving to Cameroon and she was taping her favorite shows and it caught the intro of the show.

What's funny is the money shot in the intro is a composite shot. The location they filmed doesn't actually exist like that. It's a bunch of theme parks put together for a montage, and the shot that pulls away showing the rollercoaster by the beach is fake. The real life rollercoaster they filmed is by a parking lot, so they super imposed a beach onto the shot. If you see the intro today, it's super obvious.

6s1hKB0.jpg

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah when the kids stop being cute they always struggle to come up with stuff to write about. By then they were on CBS weren't they?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
All I remember about Alf is the "if you have to touch me, touch me down here" outtake, so I feel pretty confident in saying that Alf was always trash.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah when the kids stop being cute they always struggle to come up with stuff to write about. By then they were on CBS weren't they?

I think they moved to CBS only for the last season. That was when CBS essentially "bought" the old TGIF, after TGIF had moved onto shows like Boy Meets World and Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

Samething happened to both Judie and Richie on Family Matters.

Gaius Cassius

Oct 28, 2017
Oregon
What's funny is the money shot in the intro is a composite shot. The location they filmed doesn't actually exist like that. It's a bunch of theme parks put together for a montage, and the shot that pulls away showing the rollercoaster by the beach is fake. The real life rollercoaster they filmed is by a parking lot, so they super imposed a beach onto the shot. If you see the intro today, it's super obvious.

6s1hKB0.jpg

Ya know, the more I think about it the only good thing to come out of this show long term was Christine Lakin as Al, lol. Love that she does video game voices (best thing about ME androm) now.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017

6s1hKB0.jpg
My sibs and I always used to laugh at that because you could tell the water wasn't really there because the shoreline kept moving around like if someone was holding up a cut-out next to the roller-coasters, and couldn't keep the picture straight or still. The show takes place in Wisconsin (Port Washington, I think?). I'm not aware of any amusement park located in Port Washington like that, which is on the banks of Lake Michigan. Kinda wonder what they were thinking?

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017

6s1hKB0.jpg
My childhood is a lie, that park looked like so much fun

Neece

Oct 27, 2017

I dont know why but I just watched the intro and i remember that the last 10 seconds of the intro used to make me depress for some reason.
Huh. That's strange. The last part of the intro used to always make me feel really happy. Even if I wouldn't watch the episode I would watch the intro for that last ten second bit with the roller coaster and music. It had a nostalgic feeling to it for me even though I was a kid that didn't know anything about nostalgia.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ya know, the more I think about it the only good thing to come out of this show long term was Christine Lakin as Al, lol. Love that she does video game voices (best thing about ME androm) now.

I had the biggest crush on her growing up. We're the same age, so it's not creepy lol. EDIT: Oh shit, she's actually 5 years older than me, haha. Well, regardless, we were supposed to be in the same grade according to the show.

FunkyMonkey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

6s1hKB0.jpg

that looks like six flags magic mountain in so cal but I might be wrong

Stardestroyer

Oct 31, 2017
Huh. That's strange. The last part of the intro used to always make me feel really happy. Even if I wouldn't watch the episode I would watch the intro for that last ten second bit with the roller coaster and music. It had a nostalgic feeling to it for me even though I was a kid that didn't know anything about nostalgia.
I don't know man, I don't understand why, but I just watching again and it is making me sad. The thing is I have never watched the show, just the intro to the show. So it shouldn't be pulling up any feelings of nostaglia nor should it be making me tearing up...just a little bit.

Raven117

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You sweet summer children. You have no idea what it was like coming of age in the 80s and 90s.

yes, I'm kidding

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sit Ubu Sit (Good dog) were like the progenitor to that, right?

Naw, that's an entirely different production company. Miller-Boyett predates Ubu Productions by several years. Miller-Boyett was behind Happy Days and Lavern and Shirly and Mork and Mindy and all those shows. They basically defined sitcom for like 25 years. They were actually started in the 60's!

I have very vivid memories of leaving Karate Practice, swinging by Blockbuster and renting TMNT: Tournament Fighters and grabbing a pizza at the Little Caesar's next door, then coming home and watching Family Matters and Step by Step as a kid, lol.

Gaius Cassius

Oct 28, 2017
Oregon
Naw, that's an entirely different production company. Miller-Boyett predates Ubu Productions by several years. Miller-Boyett was behind Happy Days and Lavern and Shirly and Mork and Mindy and all those shows. They basically defined sitcom for like 25 years. They were actually started in the 60's!

I have very vivid memories of leaving Karate Practice, swinging by Blockbuster and renting TMNT: Tournament Fighters and grabbing a pizza at the Little Caesar's next door, then coming home and watching Family Matters and Step by Step as a kid, lol.

That's crazy! I knew Ubu formed in like 1980 but never realized Miller Boyett was so much older.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
that looks like six flags magic mountain in so cal but I might be wrong
The IMDb trivia section said it was Magic Mountain, which given this show was filmed in LA, would've been an easy drive up to Valencia to shoot that. It doesn't list if they used other amusement parks on the page. Would probably also be Californian amusement parks as well. Disneyland would be too identifiable, but they could've used parts of Knott's Berry Farm or California's Great America too to make up that hodge-podge fictional amusement park.

That's crazy! I knew Ubu formed in like 1980 but never realized Miller Boyett was so much older.
I liked the Ubu one. What was the production company that had the man falling off the roof, screaming as he fell into the bushes below? My sister and I always got a kick out of that one, and it was featured at the end of shows like Growing Pains and such.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never even heard of Step by Step before now so that was a lot of information to process.

It was a brady bunch clone, basically. The title is a pun, the premise is Susan Summers is a widow with 3 daughters, who marries Pattrick Duffy (can't remember if he's a widow or what) who also has 3 sons. In the pilot, both go on a cruse separately and meet one night, get drunk, and wind up getting married after knowing each other for only a day. Because the show is full of christian values (the term "sex should only occur in a loving, monogamous relationship, preferably marriage" appears word for word in dozens of Miller-Boyett shows) they stick it out and move in together. The show is about the wacky hijinks of the step brothers and sisters trying to live together. And because having 10 people living in one home isn't unrealistic enough (mother and father, plus 6 children, plus the mother's sister and mother in the early season), they also let their stoner-surfer nephew live in a van outside their home. The main overall hook in the show is JT and Dana (the characters they talk about in the Very Special Episode clip) being at each others necks as they are polar opposites. JT is a jock-type who is pretty chauvinistic, while Dana is lisa simpson.

It's a pretty by the numbers sitcom, nothing special. But it was a TGIF staple for like almost a decade. Originally, they tried to make Mark the breakout character, as the entire show was originally pitched around him. Mark was a character designed by committee, an attempt to make a white Steve Urkle. In the end, however, cody, the stoner surfer dude, became the original breakout character for the show.