lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
This video has me trying to reconcile with my 12 year old self that Zach Morris is that guy who becomes a date rapist in college.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Zack's family was loaded, but he was always trying to hustle money

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, the crazy thing is that he's not even distorting the actual events. Zack really was trash.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Zach is master of time and space. He could have done anything he wanted but he resorts to petty schemes that Scooby Doo rejected.
You get the feeling that the show was written by people who were never teenagers, never went to high school and don't understand even the basics on how human beings act and interact with either.

Show was clearly created by aliens.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, they even did the episode with the big chick at the prom.

I remember that episode, and the one with the hot nurse being the episodes that made me cringe the most.

OP
OP
Sketchsanchez

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These are all great but I'm pretty sure this is my favorite

Also the way the narrator enunciates "Zack. Morris. Is. Trash." always makes me lol

OP
OP
Sketchsanchez

Sketchsanchez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zack's family was loaded, but he was always trying to hustle money
His parents always came off like the type that never gave him money. They were probably always like "you need to make what you earn" or some shit.

Which means he probably grew up into one of those "bootstraps" jerk offs most of us hate lol

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Are you actually familiar with the show, or are you using one of these Zack Morris is Trash episodes as your sole source of that information? The reason I ask is because Jessie has a history of being overly hard on herself throughout the series, especially with regard to her education. She begins that particular episode in an already more exaggerated state of her usual self in that capacity.

I won't deny that Zack is a complete pile of crap, but that's his character, and I always got the vibe that you're supposed to think more of Jessie because she's supposed to be more level-headed than any of the other main characters. It's hard to do that when you take away the sort of motivations that Zack has for his actions and replace them with the sort of directionless spite that drives Jessie's actions. Jessie's straight-up shitty toward her friends on a regular basis throughout the series, but without the comedic scheming that Zack employs. Furthermore, I don't recall Jessie mistreating people solely to get ahead as Zack does; she has nothing to gain from treating them badly, yet continually does so. Plus, it's not as though Zack's schemes are always funny, but they're what drive the show; they're expected.

Honestly, of the six main characters, I'd say that Lisa's the least terrible, but even she has her moments with regard to her treatment of Screech. (That said, Screech is a creep, so much of that is easily forgiven.) She at least doesn't have the sort of repeat offenses that the other characters tend to. If we're counting the first and last seasons, though, I'd say that Tori's probably the least terrible main character. All of the characters have their issues, though, as I mentioned before.

It's because of that that Zack Morris is more piece of trash then Jesse could ever be, not in spite of.

Jesse was nothing more than an "annoying teenage girl" trope that thought she knew it all at 15 because she was well-studied and smart.

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
From what I remember, Zack usually gets some comeuppance by the end of the episodes that are focused around him trying to manipulate people.

Edit: OK, I just watched this video, and this guy is trying really hard to make Zack as evil as possible. Maybe it's because there's no actual dialogue from the episode.

In the Karate Kid video, the narrator does a better job of letting Daniel-san hang himself with his own words and actions.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the bit where he asks the homeless dude how he became homeless, and the narrator is like "Zach bites his lip and looks down, saying nothing, totally unprepared for the difficult conversation that he himself had initiated" made me belly laugh

great stuff

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Dude, in the series finale he sabotaged all the other competitors school songs in order to try and make his win. If memory serves me, Screech still won with his parody of Home on the Range. Maybe? There' no limit to his assholery.

I know what I'm binging tonight. lol

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any episodes of this that cover the period when the Bayside gang was working at the beach resort, with Leah Remini as Zach's love interest?

OP
OP
Sketchsanchez

Sketchsanchez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any episodes of this that cover the period when the Bayside gang was working at the beach resort, with Leah Remini as Zach's love interest?
He has an episode from good morning miss bliss so I imagine we'll get a beach resort episode eventually

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Zack Morris is awesome. Best character ever.

Friends forever bitches.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
"Zack Morris is Trash" and "A Very Special Episode" are indeed the best thing going on YouTube.

Oct 25, 2017
Gone but not forgotten.

XKqLfFs0QH6EPnX8bWwI_Tori_Scott%20(1).png

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I like that anyone that disappears he says "they probably killed themselves"

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Zack Morris is pretty much white privilege incarnate.

Because holy shit at some of the crap he pulled

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A Very Special episode is a much stronger format for these sitcom recaps, I think. I've been laughing my ass off at those episodes.