• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Would like to see what games you all turn to when you don't want to think too much and just have a nice relaxing chill experience. I feel like I'm playing too many complex or intense games and would like some ideas on how to change that up a bit. Games I'd usually turn to like Diablo 3 have completely worn out their welcome.

I just recently started playing Yoshi's Woolly World again and this I think is one I can rely on. Luckily I'm not one to obsess over finding every single item in each stage, gave up on that a long time ago.

braisbr1

Oct 4, 2019
I've had those days lately, and I must say that I don't play when that happens. I find that watching something on an online video platform is far more relaxing for my brain as it doesn't require me to take an active role.

OP
OP
Kaeden

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I've had those days lately, and I must say that I don't play when that happens. I find that watching something on an online video platform is far more relaxing for my brain as it doesn't require me to take an active role.
Funny you mention that because I'm watching Bob Ross atm on Twitch. Always love when his stream pops up on Fridays.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Lately it's been art of rally. Just difficult enough that I get absorbed in it, but doesn't require me to actually think about anything beyond the next turn.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
EDF was a big one for me and I can't wait for it to be so again when world brothers comes to switch!

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Maybe Kirby's Dream Course, Minit, Golf Story, Super Mario World, Mario Odyssey... But I'm kind of bored of those and need to turn my brain off, so I'm hoping for good responses to this thread. Thanks OP!

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
I've beaten that drum to death, but for a long time it was diablo 3. Recently it's been hades, to but I think I'm getting to the end of maxing everything out and I'll need to move on.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Red Dead Redemption 2/Online. It's an experience that can be whatever you want it to be. From action packed to dumb fun with friends to incredibly serene & contemplative. I just enjoy letting the world happen around me.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
I usually fire up forza horizon 3 or 4 after a long grueling shift at the hospital, i find it super relaxing just casually just driving around looking for stuff, genshin impact has also been really good for this.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Breath of the Wild and Geometry Wars 2 are the stand by one's. Though lately Ghost of Tsuhima has been hitting the spot too.

OP
OP
Kaeden

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Overwatch... hmmm... haven't played that in a long time. I thought that would stress me a bit but maybe I can try it again with a more casual approach. Prob a good idea to turn off voice chat too? lol

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Animal Crossing. I just vibe out, do my little errands, maybe have a podcast on. It's perfect for unwinding. No stakes, just a relaxing atmosphere.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Probably Slay The Spire on A20. It's super difficult, so having to concentrate on trying to win helps me to forget everything else going on in my life.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Skyrim/Fallout or Souls games. Skyrim/Fallout bc I can aimlessly explore or read some in game books etc. Souls bc these games are very predictable and easy to get into a rhythm/grove with.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
FTL and Stardew Valley are my space out games. If I've had a rough day, nothing sounds better than those for me.

OP
OP
Kaeden

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Red Dead Redemption 2/Online. It's an experience that can be whatever you want it to be. From action packed to dumb fun with friends to incredibly serene & contemplative. I just enjoy letting the world happen around me.
Yeah I have this on PC right now and it's definitely another one that can be quite relaxing when you don't focus too much on what to do next. Sometimes that can be hard for me to ignore but last night I was playing and just sorta decided to venture off 'that way' and just see what I could find. In typical fashion I did find something and helped a random lady out and just saw that play out. I really feel I need to explore this world more but always get caught up on my next objective instead.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
THPS.

Blast that punk rock at max volume, virtually sweat on some sick tricks.

Alternatively FFXIV. No brain, just endless, mindless questing.

Dec 4, 2018
United Kingdom
Forza horizon 3/4 and/or drive club

I usually like racing games anyway but if I can just drive around - not to race just to do Laps and zone out. In a hatchback or slower class car it's quite enjoyable to zone out to

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
Something where I CANNOT be triggered by anything.

Out of everything I played in the last 2 months :
Overwatch : no comment
Hearthstone : RNG can be a bitch
Genshin : Everyone's 15 with boobs and annoying voices + RNG IS a bitch + abysmal drop rates on good characters
Hades : RNG can be a bitch
Hollow Knight : Probably the most fair so far. I'm very fond of 'difficult' games like Dark Souls. Problem is : when you fail it's all on you.
Borderlands 3 : Too repeating, attempts at humor fall flat 90% of the time. Too bad this would almost be a valid answer.
Death Stranding : Everything's a CHORE.
WoW / PSO2 : "Checklist" games. I basically play them to collect mounts and appearances and shit. As long as you avoid PVP you CAN'T have a bad time so they got my vote.