• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
48587662942_7cabe0f997_o.png

PlayStation 4
Available now at $59.99 as part of a bundle with Yakuza 3 Remastered (out now) and 5 Remastered (February 11, 2020). Not sold individually.
Physical release for Yakuza Remastered Collection on February 11, 2020.

The Yakuza Remastered Collection

Celebrate Kazuma Kiryus saga with the beautifully remastered Yakuza 3, 4, and 5. With restored content and updated localization in 1080p and 60fps, experience the complete Yakuza collection on one console for the first time in history. Yakuza 3 Remastered, available on August 20, 2019. Yakuza 4...

b0K4hb7.jpg

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
It's just over 20 gb. Download finished but I can't get started. I barely made my way through the Yakuza 3 story!

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
When it is available in your region, it'll be available under Yakuza 4. It's only available for download if you have purchased the collection, otherwise it will say "not available for purchase."

EH_QmgeU8AAjmGH

EH_QmgTUEAALJNc

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I guess it will be treated as a dlc and add to the dload queue, but maybe it updates on tuesday like most of ps store? Idk, just guessing.
No, it isn't treated as DLC, it is on the store as its own game. It releases on the 29th. It's the 29th in some places, such as Australia where I am, and thus available and the places where it's the 28th have to wait.

Edit: it's not on the store as DLC but it is tied to the collection in an "extra" section

D-Man

Oct 25, 2017
Easily one of my top 3 Yakuza games next to 0 and 6. I hope people playing for the first time have fun and get to appreciate best boy Akiyama and his lady Hana.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Shame that there is no preloading for people like me with shitty internet.

Deleted member 44122

guess its a local midnight release. only 4 1/2 hours left :3

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait until the physical collection comes out. Played 0, Kiwami, and Kiwami 2. Need to get back in this world ASAP!

Oct 28, 2017
New Yakuza fan with a quick Q.

Played Kiwami 1 and 0. Loved them. Starting K2 next.

I know the Kiwami games rolled in some of the modernization of Zero gameplay wise. How do 3/4/5 hold up in that context. Do they feel rougher/older? I'm all in, so I'll play them when I get to them, but was just curious what I was in for.

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
I know the Kiwami games rolled in some of the modernization of Zero gameplay wise. How do 3/4/5 hold up in that context. Do they feel rougher/older? I'm all in, so I'll play them when I get to them, but was just curious what I was in for.

Yakuza 3 will feel rougher for sure, it´s essentially a HD PS2 game. Fourth one onwards they are quite modern and have similar structure. Buuut they will be PS3 games still so no fancy physics and indoors will be loaded separately. Plot and characterwise they are all gold though, so don´t miss out! :D

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017

Going from Kiwami 2 to Y3 was pretty jarring for me, but it felt normal again after a short while.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
That's what comes with the physical collection? That's rad. More than worth the wait. The PS3 case for Yakuza 5 is a nice touch. :)

STILL playing Judgement so should be ready to jump back into 3 (again) by the time that rolls around. Haven't played 4-6 yet, though I own them all.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
take it that it will just download by itself tomorrow for those of us in the US.

Syrenne

Producer of Manifold Garden
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Can someone confirm if they removed the incredibly transphobic language in the opening act? I assume they can't do shit about how fatphobic it is but I've been trying to lean on Atlus for a year and a half now to clean up the Y4 loc.

Oct 27, 2017

3 is a bit dated. 4 is close to Zero but not there yet (although it is here where sub stories start shining) 5 is very close to Zero and the only thing lacking is sprinting (aside from that it is very close and have lots of cool stuff/mini games/great sub stories).

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Going to download it when I get home although probably won't start it until I'm done with The Outer Worlds.

paradox85

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I lol'd at that title.

Great game. I really like Akiyama, perhaps the third best character in the series after Kiryu and Majima.

Still haven't bought the remastered trilogy, but I will eventually!

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this was one of my least favorite yakuza games, but its still extremely good. Hope people enjoy it!

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Prolly my favourite Yakuza game tbh, hope you all enjoy it.

Can someone confirm if they removed the incredibly transphobic language in the opening act? I assume they can't do shit about how fatphobic it is but I've been trying to lean on Atlus for a year and a half now to clean up the Y4 loc.
I can't confirm at the moment but it's highly likely. Series producer Daisuke Sato mentioned at Gamescom that all the transphobic content was either heavily altered or removed in both Western and Japanese versions because they don't fit the modern mindset anymore. Nagoshi (series creator) also mentioned a while back that this stuff doesn't reflect the series or values of the team so that's great.

I'll have to get my hands on the game to tell you of the specific changes but know that Yakuza 3 featured a transphobic sidequest which the remastered version removes completely. The t-slur also rears its head a few times in 4 so I'd imagine that got removed too.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Bring back Hana....

Dammit, later games are worse off because of no Hana, she's so great in 4, her small roles in Ishin and 5 rock as well but 4 is where she shines.

Anyway, I'll be downloading this tomorrow but doubt I'll get round to playing it anytime soon. I imported and 100%ed the Japanese version earlier in the year and loved it. I'd say its one of the shorter games in the series though story wise, so definitely do the side content to get that cool backstory for Tanimura and Akiyama especially. Kiryu's side stories are mainly stuff referencing Yakuza 1-3, so be sure to play those three first to really appreciate the side stories (oh, and Shenmue for one joke!)
The remaster itself is excellent though, super smooth, minimal loading and it looks and sounds amazing. I'll go ahead and assume the only thing cut is probably the Japanese theme "Butterfly City", which is replaced with For Faith - which is the one and only time I'm glad for a musical swap as Butterfly sucks as a song, while For Faith is epic.

Jul 24, 2018
Akiyama is such a cool character. Hopefully he returns playable in Yakuza 8. I need more of those kicks in my life.

Wow, I mever saw this before.

Now that I think about it, there were also others for the other Yakuza games like Zeo, Kiwami and Ishin.
The install screen for 0 is actually in the localized version, I think you can find it in the extra menu on the main screen. The ones for 0 and Kiwami are pretty good too, especially the one for Kiwant. Not big on the selected music for the Kiwami one though.

Oct 27, 2017
The install screen for 0 is actually in the localized version, I think you can find it in the extra menu on the main screen. The ones for 0 and Kiwami are pretty good too, especially the one for Kiwant. Not big on the selected music for the Kiwami one though.

Wow.

I wonder if you can find it in Yakuza 4 as well if that's the case. I will definitely look for it when I get out of work tomorrow and stsrt up the game.

God, I wish I can pull an "Office Space" and stay at home playing the game. I finally get my crack fix but I need to wait to play it...

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I miss install screens... I mean, they loop far too soon but it was cool to have something to watch while those old PS3 versions installed. Pity Kenzan and 3 don't have them.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza 4 was the highest the series peaked before 0.

It's an amazing game, with amazingly written characters and stories.

Its really shook the formula by introducing 3 new playable characters with their own very different playstyle, motivations and story backgrounds.

Jul 24, 2018
I think I like Yakuza 5 overall more than Yakuza 4 but I do think 4 is one of the best entres in the series regardless. Notas good as 0 and Yakuza 2 though.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I recall ending up feeling somewhat underwhelmed with Y4 after Y3, which I had absolutely loved, when running through the series for the first time near the start of this gen. That said, Yakuza 4 introduces some incredible characters and has one of, if not my favourite climax in the series, it's up there with Yakuza 2 for sure. I think I've grown more fond of Yakuza 4 in retrospect and after watching a buddy run through it last year.

Can't wait to revisit this game sometime before the end of the year.

Oct 27, 2017
Ine thing people will hopefully notice is the fact the cutscenes in this one are really nice and more "cinematic". Unlike the first three games, it is here where the quality of the cutscenes are made in a similiar style to Yakuza 0. Lots of cool shots like the massacre or the one with Tanimura entering that chinese alleyway are really well done.