• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
The side quests changes are all I needed to hear. I ignored them completely in 1 cause of how annoying they were to keep track of and do. Excited for this even more.

Duonala

Oct 27, 2017
WAIT A MiNUTE WTF!!!???

Why are they teasing Xenogears like that? I'm intrigued, but mostly confused. I highly doubt gears could be coming back anytime soon. It's so long for a remake and owned by Square.
The only thing I see possible is Square partnering with Monolith soft for a switch exclusive port with a remake of only Disc 2.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think FC is going to be as long as Torna dlc. GameXplain said 10-15 hours, maybe 20 (I think he's stretching by saying 20) and he already explored most of the Shoulder in like 4 hours

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
That's fantastic, perfectly in line with Torna!
I still have to watch any video and read anything, since I am busy now, but I hope the previews are really good.

It's important to note that four hours in, they had seen almost all of the shoulder. They said in the video it could be anywhere between 10 and 20 I think, unless I misheard.

Essentially 20 was the top end and not necessarily expected given the tone of the conversation.

Big_Erk

Oct 27, 2017
Chief's Kingdom
I haven't been this excited for a remastered game in a long time. Seeing the previews for this only have my hype meter over 9000.
I remember the announcement trailer they ran. 2 seconds in I I was like "That's Xenoblade Chronicles!".
I managed to get a pre-order in for the Definitive Works Edition. The artbook was a must for me as this is one of my favorite games ever.

Hey Reyn! What time is it?

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Torna is like 12-15 hours front to back. It's not that long. And it has like 3 hours worth of cutscenes. Future Connected being 10 hours would he solid.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm still torn about cancelled my LE preorder. I want the artbook and soundtrack since they were so good but idk if I can commit 90+ hours again. I'm still going through it on the 3DS actually and not even close to finishing XB2 (and I got it at launch) but thinking the graphical difference between the two will probably make it feel like this is a brand new game

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Torna's length came from side quests. So if Future Connected is even longer, we're in for a solid expansion.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
If the quest tracker has really improved side quests, that's an major QOL improvement. I don't recall when I stopped doing sidequests in XC1 but I definitely did a lot and it was painful.

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
So a quick question, have they fixed the situation for armor like in Xeno X where you could make them look the same while having different parts?

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I played the 3DS version almost five years ago now, and while I had a good time I wasn't in love with it like everyone else seemed to be.

I'm almost certainly going to give this another shot. Maybe the updated visuals and QoL changes that sound quite nice will help me better appreciate the game. If nothing else, it'll be a solid way to stay inside and hunker down.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
That's fantastic, perfectly in line with Torna!
I still have to watch any video and read anything, since I am busy now, but I hope the previews are really good.

That's not what they said. At 4 hours in he had already explored the vast majority of the shoulder. They expected more like 10-15 hours. 20 hours was absolute high end.

Also he had stated he hadn't seen any new enemies- everything had been transplanted from other parts of the game and the combat system was largely the same. They made it clear several times Future Connected was much more like a traditional DLC compared to Torna's full expansion.

People expecting a Torna-like experience in Future Connected are likely to be disappointed.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
That's not what they said. At 4 hours in he had already explored the vast majority of the shoulder. They expected more like 10-15 hours. 20 hours was absolute high end.

Also he had stated he hadn't seen any new enemies- everything had been transplanted from other parts of the game and the combat system was largely the same. They made it clear several times Future Connected was much more like a traditional DLC compared to Torna's full expansion.

People expecting a Torna-like experience in Future Connected are likely to be disappointed.
Aren't they embargoed to not go past a certain point currently? It's possible new enemies exist but they haven't gotten to them yet...

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I played the 3DS version almost five years ago now, and while I had a good time I wasn't in love with it like everyone else seemed to be.

I'm almost certainly going to give this another shot. Maybe the updated visuals and QoL changes that sound quite nice will help me better appreciate the game. If nothing else, it'll be a solid way to stay inside and hunker down.

Overall I too didn't adore the game like many, dropped both Wii and 3DS at around the 40-50 h Mark. Lot to like, but certainly some flaws.

What is good is well worth any jRPG fan to experience though, and I hear the ending is a great payoff, which I hope to finally experience my third attempt.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
The italian preview video is quite positive about the image quality, they didn't notice any important resolution drop. So there's conflicting opinions on this, I wonder if DF will do a video at launch.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't they embargoed to not go past a certain point currently? It's possible new enemies exist but they haven't gotten to them yet...

I'm sure there are new enemies (bosses at the minimum obviously) but he's already explored the vast majority of the area outside of some story-locked areas. The shoulder itself is populated with enemies from the rest of the game.

I'm not complaining on my end- it still sounds good. But I think people who haven't watched the preview are getting the wrong idea about Future Connected.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
THANK GOD they made the quests more accessible with the new tracker.

Also, if they remove the sharpening shit from handheld, it should already look way better than handheld XC2.

One thing you should know and remember ... it's always Reyn Time.

Always.

Reyn Time.

Reyn Time is a meme, but Reyn really isn't strong enough to justify his meme status. He's not Sharla (who's actually trash) but it's hard to justify using him over Dunban or Riki if you're trying to make the game easier for yourself.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
The NintendoLife preview was pretty disappointed on Future Connected's story but he only played a little bit of it. I'm personally not worried but apparently it starts off a bit slow

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
The Hometown theme orchestrated sounds so, so much better.

The town themes in general will get such a huge glow-up.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Reyn Time is a meme, but Reyn really isn't strong enough to justify his meme status. He's not Sharla (who's actually trash) but it's hard to justify using him over Dunban or Riki if you're trying to make the game easier for yourself.
Riki is extremely powerful. I'm talking cosmic nightmare levels of power. And Dunban draws aggro and then just dodges everything. How can Reyn hope to compete?

Metakilt

Banned
Apr 29, 2020
Has anyone else confirmed that the ai hasn't been improved? So far i've only seen gamexplain talk about it.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017

they actually said 15/20 if there are more parts to be explored story-wise (so backtracking, let's say) and that they actually added a completely new feature to the combat system (with the Nopons-Pikmins to be collected t unlock new moves and arts and so on)

I agree that they didn't say Torna-like (and I was pointing out that Torna was longer anyway compared to the 15-up-to-20 hours discussed by them

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Is that for handheld, docked or both?
They are talking about handheld, let me see if I find the transcription on their web as I can't write italian at all.

Let's see, this is the translation that Google provides:
"Now even in the handheld the game maintains acceptable performances, without continuous and sudden changes in resolution."

The translation is rough but they clearly say that no drastic drops were noticed during their time with the game.

eggs

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I'm quite hype for this, loved XBC2, had a lot of fun playing X, and never played the original so this'll be perfect really

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
when people talk about "lo-fi 3D charm", Xenoblade 1 definitely has that

Gamexplain should have recorded the video at a higher quality or bitrate, this looks awful compared to most other preview videos. Look at the UI, it looks really blurry all the time, and I really doubt the game drops the resolution of the UI when things are busy. Its hard to compare the games if you use low-quality footage tbh, and kind of pointless.