• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Beautiful, still waiting for an area to "wow" me like Uraya or Eryth Sea did though, hope there's something like that in this game. 🙏

RogersBase

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Absolutely breathtaking.

Exactly the kind of teasers I want: no story stuff to potentially be spoiled, just new environments and music to get me hyped

xpownz

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 13, 2020
oh god it looks good

edit: also glad it looks more like 1!

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
User banned (3 days): Trolling, multiple prior actions for similar behavior
Watching the detailed video on the Horizon Zero West 1.16 patch and then seeing this really sets yourself up for disappointment lol. "gorgeous" and "beautiful" are not the first things that spring to mind watching this trailer.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Such beautiful music. Would be a shame if a giant gorilla attacked with electric guitar music.

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
Xenoblade's environments always look beautiful, Monolith is the king of open world environments. Really excited to see how the Urayan titan and Eryth/Leftheria areas look as they were my favorites in 1 and 2 with all the colors.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, in terms of visual fidelity and detail it's obviously far less impressive than something like Horizon or Ghost of Tsushima, but it still looks fun to explore and should look nicer when we're exploring from the character's POV, since more foliage and other details will render in when you're up close instead of far away.

desu

Oct 27, 2017
To be honest, nothing really special after the first 3 XB games, sadly this did nothing for me 😶.

Still hyped for the game.

Gonzito

Banned
Apr 5, 2022
Spain
I love their temporal reconstruction technique, even on a switch, you cant see jaggies at all. All nintendo games should be like this

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Aww, the name of the trailer got me all hyped up for new locations, but it was mostly a retread of stuff we've seen. :(

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I still kind of wonder about the whole colony mechas, since they don't actually seem large enough to be a whole colony themself. Do people shrink down inside of them?

WildArms

Apr 30, 2022
Thank god Nintendo comes in to save me from how bad Sega tries to showcase Sonic Frontiers. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for that game but they're doing a terrible job showing it off.

On topic though, login how pretty the world of Aonis looks as opposed to parts of Xenoblade 2. They also only showcased 2 areas here which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Leaves some surprises.

Really curious where they take the series next.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I hope there are some creative environments. Just about every location in XC2 was intensely memorable (steampunk giant! snowy turtle! bioluminescent whale stomach! jellyfish islands!). The biomes they've shown for XC3 don't look very exotic outside of a few landmarks.

OP
OP
Saladin

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
Having high hopes for this one. Coming for XC and XC 2, I am 100% sure they're going to knock it out of the park

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
its funny how ingame this ingame footage looks with a glowing pick up item at the end of the trailer ,body is ready to explore another XC world

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Thought they were gonna show new environments, but doesn't seem like anything we haven't already seen.

WildArms

Apr 30, 2022
I hope there are some creative environments. Just about every location in XC2 was intensely memorable (steampunk giant! snowy turtle! bioluminescent whale stomach! jellyfish islands!). The biomes they've shown for XC3 don't look very exotic outside of a few landmarks.

I share that same concern but if Xenoblade 2 is anything to go by, we should at least have secret areas. If not? We can only pray they're putting that kind of effort into a sequel or prequel to X.

hoserx

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
G.D. I love Xenoblade so much, but really really really really wish there was some new hardware for it.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for this game.

Watching the detailed video on the Horizon Zero West 1.16 patch and then seeing this really sets yourself up for disappointment lol. "gorgeous" and "beautiful" are not the first things that spring to mind watching this trailer.

You realize beauty is subjective, right? HFW has visual fidelity but I'd rather explore a Monolith Soft crafted world over it.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Is this where the Direct dream dies?

Just watched it, and I overreacted. I just want Nintendo to announce this damn direct already!

Kingdom Key

Aug 4, 2021
I love their temporal reconstruction technique, even on a switch, you cant see jaggies at all. All nintendo games should be like this

This! Unbelievable that Monolith is able to achieve this on Switch. It takes Pokémon games three trees for the textures to start quaking. I would love to see what Monolith could achieve on better hardware.