• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
User warned: thread derail
We should honestly ban Twitter as a source on Era after this goes through.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Musk about to get a real kick in the face about content moderation & allowing "free speech" to be used. What a great way to drive away the users that actually make Twitter tolerable..

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Called it, figured the shareholders would want to move on that given how much shit it shakes up and Musks history of skyrocketing stocks

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

kamurocho-yakuza.gif

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
source does acknowledge that talks could break down but I find it very unlikely. this is definitely happening.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Not far from a fascist looking to own the media in a country to control messaging. Nothing stopping someone like Trump being like "ok imma own this platform and just say a bunch of bullshit. No one will be able to stop me."

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking atrocious that the richest man in the world has a such fragile ego that he will buy a social media platform because too many people on it were hurting his feelings.

I don't post much on Twitter, I only really follow people, but things are probably going to get worse on there. Has Trump ever badmouthed Musk in public? That's probably the biggest factor as to whether or not he will be unbanned.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
If this happens, I expect things to become so drastically unbalanced in favor of shitty people and societal harm that I doubt I'd want to stick around.
There's zero evidence he's going to make the platform worse.

His stated goals in acquiring Twitter have been to 1) verify every real person to reduce the arbitrary power of the verification check mark and 2) get rid of bot spam.

Those are good goals!
He also didn't state his goal was to run Tesla like a racially segregated hellscape.
www.latimes.com

Horrific allegations of racism prompt California lawsuit against Tesla

Racist slurs were hurled daily at Black workers at Tesla’s California plant, delivered not just by fellow employees but also by managers and supervisors, California’s civil rights agency alleges in an explosive lawsuit filed against the company Thursday.

BobbyRawlins

Oct 25, 2017
what a thing to spend a shit-ton of money on. feed and home some homeless? nah ima buy twitter because people talk shit about me on there.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
There's no way he can recoup his investment. I doubt Twitter is a money making machine.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to the Twitter successor that isn't a complete cesspool. Seriously, Twitter is gonna rot with no rules or basic moderation.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
What a turn of events. At this point we're losing so much that I just wonder what's the next bad thing that will happen.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
In cash? I was always told by ppl here that billionaires don't really have that much money like at all. Weird

That is true; most billionaire's net worth is tied up in non-liquid assets. Musk is probably working behind-the-scenes to sell off assets to raise the $43B. I wouldn't be surprised if he's selling assets off at a loss to quickly raise capital, making that $43B offer effectively higher.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
People think he'll unban everyone, but what he'll actually do is ban every publication that doesn't further his corporate interests and turn the site into a crypto hellhole.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
One of the ugly consequences of uncontrolled overvaluation. Tesla would never live up to its stock value but somehow this shithead has tens of billions to burn away.

Status
Not open for further replies.