• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where Does Your Loyalty Lie?

• Kyrian

Votes: 143 20.2%
  • Necrolords

Votes: 127 17.9%
  • Night Fae

Votes: 247 34.9%
  • Venthyr

Votes: 191 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
Once you manage to get into the Maw DO NOT FALL OFF THE EDGE! I did, and now I'm stuck in an endless disconnect loop, with no way to access my character. Seriously, be careful and watch where you're jumping. I have no idea when I'll be able to play my character.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Malygos-Icecrown-Garona-Onyxia-BurningBlade-LightningBlade seems to be just dead enough where I haven't had any issues so far. Shard in The Maw was really empty right at launch.

Hopefully everything on the high pop realms gets sorted for you guys though :( Been loving the quests so far.

Oct 25, 2017
Took me a long time to get in, but I could not even get in on my main apparently because I logged out in stormwind. Played like 10 minutes. I tried to change characters. Going to sleep soon anyway.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
People who insist on riding enormous winged mounts in zones where flight is disabled deserve to stay in the Maw. Forever. And ever.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
'Find Thrall a weapon'
My Shaman:
dd0.png

TGR Sean

Nov 5, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Thoughts about an Alliance character (extremely light spoilers):

Genn: "Anduin wouldn't want us coming after him!

5 mins later

Jaina: "Anduin said you would come!"

Wondering if something's going on with Genn. His reaction to Anduin being taken in pre-patch was reserved, to say the least. Or... writers didn't compare notes.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts about an Alliance character (extremely light spoilers):

Genn: "Anduin wouldn't want us coming after him!

5 mins later

Jaina: "Anduin said you would come!"

Wondering if something's going on with Genn. His reaction to Anduin being taken in pre-patch was reserved, to say the least. Or... writers didn't compare notes.
They gave his motive to Tyrande

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Just got the Helm of Domination in my bags. No problem. I'll just put it right next to the Skull of Gul'dan

I saw that. I'm like, in all the years of WoW, that might be the most powerful thing I've had and they just drop in your bags.

Also, I need an intro Maw skip, like now. I can't do this on 12 characters.

Last edited:

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I am *loving* the art direction so far.

I'm also noticing something now I'm starting out in Bastion - it kinds feels like a level 1 experience, starting out on a new character; I wonder if that was a conscious decision (with the notion that that's what arriving in Bastion should mean, in principle)

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I'm trying to avoid any spoilers but long story short I'm finally logging in lol. I'm gonna avoid this thread until the morning for sure. I hope everyone is having a great time! :D

Tattarus

Mar 16, 2018
Italy
Super smooth launch for me, lv 53 and half...Bastion is really cool, something in the art direction reminds me of BotW... Gotta sleep now (almost 4AM and alarm is set at 7:30).
Can't wait to play more!

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Once you manage to get into the Maw DO NOT FALL OFF THE EDGE! I did, and now I'm stuck in an endless disconnect loop, with no way to access my character. Seriously, be careful and watch where you're jumping. I have no idea when I'll be able to play my character.
Yup, same fucking shit here. Since 6:20pm. I was flying through the experience and having fun, and it all crashed right there when I stupidly soared off the edge. Real fun watching everyone else enjoy shit tonight... lol. I'm so bummed. Hopefully fixed in the morning. Not managing to find the fun right now playing an alt instead.

Xalbur

Mar 30, 2019
So the intro sequence was not really all that amazing, especially compared to WoD/Legion/BFA, no cool cinematics and kinda short? not sure why but bastion is also putting me to sleep, hope things pick up soon.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard stepped their game up on these in-game cinematics. It's so great seeing the characters lips matching to the words being said.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Whoever wrote Bastion NPCs really liked Friday Night Lights :P

also, thanks for the warglaive and fist weapon drops for my Paladin blizz.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Bastion really is "Depression, the WoW Zone" huh?

Just arrived in Bastion and was just thinking this. lol

In terms of story, they've really done a good job creating a beautiful zone with an ever-present undercurrent of "...something's really wrong here."

Oct 25, 2017
The oribos skybox is simple but so nice to look at

WoW already had some of best skyboxes. Getting back into the game after a decade, Stormsong and Argus both consistently wowed me. People try to just bin the game's art style in as "cartoony", but there's really a great painterly quality to the terrain textures and sky that goes really overlooked.

Last edited:

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Made it to Maldraxxus tonight, I'm a sliver from 54. I like the zones so far, I only wish I could move faster within Oribos.

Status
Not open for further replies.