• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where Does Your Loyalty Lie?

• Kyrian

Votes: 143 20.2%
  • Necrolords

Votes: 127 17.9%
  • Night Fae

Votes: 247 34.9%
  • Venthyr

Votes: 191 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
If I'm returning to the game after a long time and would like to get into raiding, mythic plus, etc. what is the best way to do that. Obviously I don't want to just join some random guild.

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
Still debating if I should get this. I skipped out on BFA, and I haven't really had a social WoW experience since like MoP. It's just super hard to find a guild that feels like home. Also doesn't help I'm a massive introvert that keeps to himself 😂

😭

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
ehhh idk about the enhancement shaman changes. Its like going from a very dynamic spec to almost having a fixed rotation...I'll see how it is at cap but doesnt feel great rn at 50

TGR Sean

Nov 5, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Has anyone considered a ResetEra guild? I know they're server specific so getting everyone's mains together isn't likely, plus the whole Alliance/Horde split.

I feel like a decent amount of us are Horde on Area-52, though.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
ehhh idk about the enhancement shaman changes. Its like going from a very dynamic spec to almost having a fixed rotation...I'll see how it is at cap but doesnt feel great rn at 50

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of the change. Its easier on my wrist which is nice but it feels like there's a shitload of downtime.

Has anyone considered a ResetEra guild? I know they're server specific so getting everyone's mains together isn't likely, plus the whole Alliance/Horde split.

I feel like a decent amount of us are Horde on Area-52, though.

There's no Gnomes on Horde so how could I ever play over there?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
resubbed, doing the pre-patch bullshit, killed Nathanos on my BM Hunter... got a Polearm

giphy.gif

I have no idea why my loot was set to Survival >_>

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
What covenant is best for DK? I have mained a Prot since vanilla launch with Hunter/Rogue as my alts and i am finally switching it up. Looking at DK and Priest this go around.

I never gave healing a chance until i played FFXIV and i am very fond it.

I'm going Venthyr which is pretty good in general for DK but Blood Mirror is fucking awesome for Blood. I haven't looked much more into them but I remember hearing they're all decent depending what content you're looking to do. I'll be doing M+ and Mythic Raiding so I'm happy with my choice.

that said, and to echo Anoregon, I fully suggest people pick what they like and what aesthetics appeal to them. Unless you're a cutting edge guild or consistently running +16 keys or higher the differences will be minuscule - they'll keep them balanced enough to where the average player (read: most everyone) won't have to worry much about it. I'm just lucky that the Venthyr is an aesthetic I like a lot as well so it's just good all around for my taste.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going Venthyr which is pretty good in general for DK but Blood Mirror is fucking awesome for Blood. I haven't looked much more into them but I remember hearing they're all decent depending what content you're looking to do. I'll be doing M+ and Mythic Raiding so I'm happy with my choice.

that said, and to echo Anoregon, I fully suggest people pick what they like and what aesthetics appeal to them. Unless you're a cutting edge guild or consistently running +16 keys or higher the differences will be minuscule - they'll keep them balanced enough to where the average player (read: most everyone) won't have to worry much about it. I'm just lucky that the Venthyr is an aesthetic I like a lot as well so it's just good all around for my taste.
This is the good advice. Each covenant is going to give you an ability that makes you better at something. Just choose either the one you like best from a taste standpoint or what meshes best with your playstyle.

PhotogDoug

Nov 10, 2017
Dayton, OH
Great work on this OT!

Recently resubbed after taking time off post-8.2. Looking to get back into the swing of things since this level squish and other changes are all new to me.

I've spent most of my time past week and a half catching up on unlocking allied races and leveling up alts to 50 on both sides. Now I'm just doing Icecrown rares for gear having done the pre-patch quest line. Anything else I should be doing?

Look forward to learning the game again and reading everyone's thoughts and advice.

Jun 19, 2020
User warned: "lazy dev" rhetoric. Please review our FAQ.
Why do the new items sets all look the same? No more class specific sets? Blizzard is realy lazy these days.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Love the OT Prophet Five

And here we are 3 days from launch and I STILL don't have a fucking main. I have a DH, a Shammy, a Hunter, and a Druid. All max level. I also have a Mage, a Warrior, a Priest, and a Warlock all around level 30. And I cannot for the life of me make up my mind. Each has so many upsides and downsides. I'm burning my brain trying to pick one.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Well, I got my bag. So I guess I beat the prepatch. Kind of a lackluster event. The Legion prepatch was so good by contrast.

I am really not sure how I'm gonna feel about shadowlands yet. I got so burned out on BFA and basically quit after killing Mythic N'Zoth months ago. Told my guild I am going casual, which basically means I'll show up for alt raids/heroic night. Thinking I might enjoy it more without any obligations. Patch 8.3 was such an incredible chore.

On Hunter it looks like Night Fae is gonna be the way to go, which is totally fine with me.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
they went the extra mile with giving us Hati back, you can have multiple colors of Hati!

can't rename them tho >_>

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
resubbed, doing the pre-patch bullshit, killed Nathanos on my BM Hunter... got a Polearm

giphy.gif

I have no idea why my loot was set to Survival >_>

No it does this shit with that quest for some reason. I got a polearm on my Windwalker monk.

Not sure if maybe there is just one reward per class or what.

Yeah I know I can use them but I haven't in forever lol

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
It wasn't easy, but I've finally completed one of the hardest things I've ever done in WoW: making a Mail transmog set that matches Thori'dal and shows some man-skin.

Hopefully Shadowlands is as alt-friendly as it looks so that I actually end up playing this guy. :D

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Oh yeah, need to get used to WW having 2 handed and BM having dual weild now.

No idea what to think about this, never played a melee class that has to choose between 2 handed or dual.

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
Wait. I'm playing a shadow priest/holy priest. What profession do I need for the legendary? Or am I missing something.

Also, I took off work Monday not knowing the actual release is at 6:00pm. Probably just gonna go into work and maybe take off Tuesday instead.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
How's the allied races nowadays? You still need to do all that annlying reputation stuff?

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Looking forward to 2H Frost DK again. Not sure whether to go Necrolords or Venthyr, guess I'll decide after doing the zones.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
Wait. I'm playing a shadow priest/holy priest. What profession do I need for the legendary? Or am I missing something.

Also, I took off work Monday not knowing the actual release is at 6:00pm. Probably just gonna go into work and maybe take off Tuesday instead.
Cloth, but you decide to craft them yourself you will need to craft multiples to be able to make the rank 4 you will eventually need. It's also quite expensive, though tailoring is by far the cheapest.

This is a screenshot from the spreadsheet I use that has the estimated best case scenario costs to level each piece. They are from left to right: Wrist/back, Waist/Hands/Feet/Shoulders, and Head/Legs/Chest.
e2c6cf558d67c42288bf9cb33a9afdb5.png

In the red is the best case cost after the recent changes. Above are the old costs before the material quantities were changed 2 days ago, and below is by how much it was reduced. Again, this is best case so YMMV. Let me know if you want a link to the spreadsheet.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017

The base legendary items are BoE, the cloth ones will be made by tailors but you don't need any profession yourself.

Expanding on this, an Enchanter will be needed to empower the base materials, a Tailor (for armor slots) or Jewelcrafter (for rings and necks) will be needed to craft the base item, and a Scribe will be needed to provide "Missives" that determine the secondary stats on the item. It's very much intended that all of the professions have a role in the Shadowlands ecosystem, so you'll need to be getting some help from other characters no matter what!

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't expecting professions to matter. I guess I should get blacksmithing and mining for my pally then. Thank God I don't have to go through 900 levels to get up to the Shadowlands tier lol.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't expecting professions to matter. I guess I should get blacksmithing and mining for my pally then. Thank God I don't have to go through 900 levels to get up to the Shadowlands tier lol.
It really depends. Most people will want just the one legendary, which you could buy the base item for pretty easily.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Regarding the legendaries in SL, I asked my RL if we should assign dedicated crafters per armor type, to ensure that our raiders will get their level 4 legendaries in with a reasonable cost. My RL answered that we are too casual to do that and he is just to ask for people to wear their BiS level 1 legendary.

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
Well you don't have to do anything yourself as it's all on the AH, but it's probably the most complicated profession ecosystem we've ever had. Outside of a few small things like trinkets, crafted gear hasn't really mattered beyond people wasting money at the beginning of an expansion for a long time.

TGR Sean

Nov 5, 2017
Orlando, Florida
What is everyone planning to focus on when they jump in? Questing for lore? Race to gear up for heroics and the raid? Early PvP? Professions for AH gold making? Pet, mount, transmog collecting? Achievement hunting?

Personally I want to take my time questing and enjoying the lore. However, I also want to capitalize on the early Mining and Herbalism prices by selling as much of it as I can. Hoping to make a few million by the end of the year, and that all banks on selling these first few days. With the amount of mats you need for crafting, perhaps it'll last a few weeks.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Regarding the legendaries in SL, I asked my RL if we should assign dedicated crafters per armor type, to ensure that our raiders will get their level 4 legendaries in with a reasonable cost. My RL answered that we are too casual to do that and he is just to ask for people to wear their BiS level 1 legendary.

Yeah, something to keep in mind is that the Legendary effects (which are the main draw of Legendaries over normal items in the first place) don't scale up with rank. Ranking up a Legendary only boosts the raw stats. So for most people, I'd argue that picking up multiple Rank 1 Legendaries to diversify your options is much more valuable than upgrading a particular Legendary to max. Rank 4 Legendaries are definitely going to be a bit of a luxury item for now.

Oct 25, 2017
What NA Horde server is used by Era people? I don't know what to do with the revealed code. I don't know what server I'm going to settle on, but I may as well do a server I know for the Legion Allied Race Horde unlocks.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
Resubbed, pretty excited for the location of the new expansion, just really hope it's a more enjoyable experience then BFA at launch.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
Well you don't have to do anything yourself as it's all on the AH, but it's probably the most complicated profession ecosystem we've ever had. Outside of a few small things like trinkets, crafted gear hasn't really mattered beyond people wasting money at the beginning of an expansion for a long time.
I like it, kind of reminds me of TBC where the professions were really important for the entire expansion.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
What is everyone planning to focus on when they jump in? Questing for lore? Race to gear up for heroics and the raid? Early PvP? Professions for AH gold making? Pet, mount, transmog collecting? Achievement hunting?

Personally I want to take my time questing and enjoying the lore. However, I also want to capitalize on the early Mining and Herbalism prices by selling as much of it as I can. Hoping to make a few million by the end of the year, and that all banks on selling these first few days. With the amount of mats you need for crafting, perhaps it'll last a few weeks.

I legitimately cannot decide what I'm going to play right now so I have no plan. I keep bouncing between Monk, Priest and DK. I probably would end up focusing on my Priest if not for the fact that my friend and my brother are both planning on playing one so I'd like to do something where I can tank. I love monk but I've been frustrated with Windwalker through BFA, it felt like it got left behind compared to other DPS specs in a few ways. It was really frustrating going from my Monk to my Warrior or DH that had a shitload of survivability without giving up on damage meanwhile if I pulled too much on my Monk there was very little sustain and I'd die. It sounds like Brew is going to be really good but I always hated how Brew didn't have that self-sustain other tank specs do. With DK I like Frost a lot but I'll be bummed if I end up stuck with Breath of Sindragosa as the far and away #1 option again. Its not the most fun ability with minor mistakes being hugely punishing. And of course Blood is basically the opposite of Brew where it has *all* the self-sustain.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Yeah thank god. Where do we pick up SL professions up? Oribos? And the main SL quest triggers in SW/Org yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.