• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Well?

• I got both!

Votes: 223 34.2%
  • Just Animal Crossing!

Votes: 197 30.2%
  • Just Doom!

Votes: 97 14.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 136 20.8%

• Total voters

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They really came out at the perfect time.

Animal Crossing: While quarantined in a crappy world. Go visit a nice charming desert island and live there instead.

Doom: Go to a world even worse off than ours and take it out on Demons.

Both are really fun so far. My girlfriend who has been super anxious lately loved just relaxing in AC all day. We'll both have houses on our shared island tomorrow.

How about you Era? Did you get any of the quarantine killing duo?

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got animal crossing and plan to preorder doom eternal switch for doom 64 in order to get something but I had always planned to get the switch version

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I grabbed them both. Currently enjoying the cozy vibes of AC more so I'm going to stick to that for now, but I'm still really looking forward to hopping into Doom and slaying some demons eventually too.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Got Doom so I can release all this pent up frustration and anxiety ripping apart demon spawns.

Adam Tyner

Oct 25, 2017
I picked up both as well. In theory, I preordered Animal Crossing for myself (I think New Leaf set a record for me at the time as the game I'd sunk the most hours into), but I'm pretty sure it's going to wind up primarily being my wife's game, and I'm totally okay with that.

Mar 30, 2019
I don't typically play Doom and 2016 is still sitting in my backlog. As for AC, I played the original and WW a bunch but never felt like revisiting the series since. I admit I am curious about NH tho.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I got both and they have been fantastic. Most of my time has been with DOOM, but I'll play AC more once I finish my first run in DOOM.

DOOM is shaping up to be one of my favorite FPS campaigns.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Raises hand

A high octane session of Doom followed by Animal Crossing to cool down is the best.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I can't stress how perfect an accompaniment they are to each other.

Also, throw Doom 64 in there and baby... you got a stew going!

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't get Doom Eternal but I want to. Doom 64 and Animal Crossing picked up, love both of them.

Edit: Nvm, just got Doom Eternal

Last edited:

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I was heavily considering picking up Doom, but I still need to beat 2016 (2017?) and I'm also picking up Persona V Royale later this month (which is a series I've never touched but I've heard it's uh, rather lengthy), so I'll probably wait.

Absolutely loving AC so far though.

Sep 25, 2018
They really came out at the perfect time.

Animal Crossing: While quarantined in a crappy world. Go visit a nice charming desert island and live there instead.

Doom: Go to a world even worse off than ours and take it out on Demons.

Both are really fun so far. My girlfriend who has been super anxious lately loved just relaxing in AC all day. We'll both have houses on our shared island tomorrow.

How about you Era? Did you get any of the quarantine killing duo?

although I have a ps4 I prefer to play doom on the switch so just animal crossing and doom later on

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Both, though my Switch time is currently more dedicated to finishing up Murder by Numbers before I get too invested in AC.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Both. As expected, just sorta ran out of things to do in AC on the first day, been ripping and tearing since.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
Yo.

I need to juggle wrapping up Episode 2 in prep for Alyx, but there'll be plenty of time for both to say the least.

N2BearHugs

May 29, 2018
Got both. When I run into a wall in AC, I switch over to Doom. And when I get frustrated with a Doom encounter, I cool off with AC's more grindy Nook Miles challenges.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
The poll's split right now is kind of incredible.

11 Doom
11 Animal Crossing
22 Both

I got both of them. Though I've not yet played Animal Crossing yet because I gave it to my mother for the time being.

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
Just AC. So far, it's been a wonderful stress reliever. I just wanna fish man. And fuck that spider that keeps knocking me out.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I got both but haven't had a chance to play Doom yet. Friday releases are basically the middle of my work week, so I've only been able to play AC because of the portability of the Switch. Doom has been preordered on my Xbox for weeks and has been preloaded since the moment it became available... Just waiting until my weekend to go hard on it. :p

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Went and got my copy of Doom today, never had interest in Animal Crossing and this one was no different, seems like a good compliment to one another that do get both though.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Never played Animal Crossing before and loved Doom 2016, so I know I'll get Eternal some time down the line and a close friend had me get AC to play with them.

So voted AC only but in time it will be both.

Oct 25, 2017
Got both. Animal Crossing seems neat — not usually my kind of game but I wanted to give it a chance. Eternal is sucking up a lot of my time until Half Life: Alyx, at which point everything gets put on the back burner for that.

Deleted member 32679

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Picked up Doom and I love it so far. I missed the purging of Demons. It is the closest thing to playing as a 40K space marine in this gen.