• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which game will you get at launch?

• The Last of Us: part 2

Votes: 346 25.4%
  • Final Fantasy VII remake

Votes: 307 22.6%
  • I will get both at launch

Votes: 708 52.0%

• Total voters

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
both, going to take a day or two off and honestly power through TLOU2, ill probably play it twice through before FF7 comes out.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Both. TLOU and FF7 are in my top 3 of the best games ever made. So I have to get both at launch. Must haves!

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
TLOU2 if I had to pick because the very idea that FF7R is just 1 part of the whole game its based on is offensive and awful IMO. But if the combat system in FF7R is any good I'll get it too.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
VII remastered. Looks great.

First Last of Us was a solid pickup on sale, but I wasn't crazy about it. Not sure when I'll get Last of Us 2.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Same.

So yeah, put a "neither" option.

The question is "which are you getting at launch" not "which game do you love".

Wait and see IS an option.

Edit : so now waiting is being a hater. Time to ignore more members. (Not talking about you ; )

hence "enjoy the thread but don't vote"

you can still communicate that you won't get any of them at launch. a "neither" poll option just seems pointless

also, the individual I quoted explicitly stated they have no interest in either game.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
VII on launch or wait an entire decade for it being maybe complete and TLOU2 either on clearance around the PS5 era or watch a Youtube movie. Still very undecided.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
hence "enjoy the thread but don't vote"

you can still communicate that you won't get any of them at launch. a "neither" poll option just seems pointless
And we disagree on that. Not that it's a bit problem though ^^.
Because at that point there is barely any choice.
Is the point of the poll, just excluding anyone who gets one of the game later or something?

You can comment but not vote. If you include people in comment, include in vote too.

I want to say in the vote that I want to see how a game turns out. It's an information. Polls with a bit more choices are always more interesting and give a better picture.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Ah man I don't know how long TLOU 2 is gonna be but I hope I'm able to finish it before VIIR comes out. Day one for both, they look stellar.

Hzsn724

Nov 10, 2017
Both. I'll beat TLoU 2, then move onto FFVIIR for a few months. Once I get the plat in that I'll jump back into TLoU 2 and plat that.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Both, I'll have plenty of time between them to finish TLOU2 before FFVIR releases, likely going to take a day or 2 off for FF.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I might actually wait until PS5 for both of these games. Depends on if I give in to the release hype.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Part of me wants to play them on PS5, but I know I won't be able to wait that long without running into spoilers and stuff.

The Last of Us 2 first, and then Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Either way I'm going both.

J.T

Nov 22, 2017
Last of Us 2 for sure, never played FInal Fantasy before but you guys sure seem to hype it up so maybe both, lol

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I have had FFVIIR preordered at BB since it was first announced. TLOU II is preordered digitally. So yeah I will make time for both. Probably the last two games I play on my PS4.

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Both I think. Finally got to watch the TGS FF7R gameplay yesterday and it looks bonkers. And TLOU2 was a no brained anyway.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Not a smart move by Sony putting what is essentially two incredibly major and important PS4 exclusives that close together. Maybe Square wanted March 3, so you concede that to them because they are your partner. But certainly TLoU2 could have come in Jan or at least early Feb., if not after FFVII.

As someone who's committed to playing both, I feel like they should have been more properly spaced out.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
You don't have to rush though, FFVII is not going to sell out.

lol I know...I'm just going to want to play it immediately. They're just too close together atm. I think VII actually does get slightly delayed. And it's like if Endgame and Rise of Skywalker came out a week apart. Space this shit out a little Sony!

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Literally the perfect amount of time between them to beat one and move on to the next.