• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Patriots comeback against the Falcons. We won't see something like that again.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I get what you're going for here, but it loses steam when you know he has two DUIs to his name.

Not going for anything besides a dumb joke. Had no idea he had DUIs. He did get caught with a bong or something didn't he? I obviously don't care about his weed or anyone else's.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

i was fucking there
Hands down, the greatest sports moment I'll ever live. Been to a world series game, been to a western conference finals game, been to another rose bowl national championship game. Nothing compares. When that 4th and 2 stop happened, and VY trotted onto the field, you could feel it. An entire years worth of hype and drama climaxing in one drive, capped by a 4th and 5 for the national championship with 19 seconds left in the game.

Abso-fucking-lutely
the greatest game I'll ever see.

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.webp

Pujols_vs_Lidge.gif_4e6gpz9l_aevbyl0o.gif

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Paul Pierce crapping his pants mid-game and trying to pass it off as a life threatening injury.

Hulk Hogan joins the nWo

2016 LeBron beats Warriors by switching the team's midflight entertainment from Marvel films to The Godfather.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I love pro-wrestling but adding pro-wrestling to 'greatest sports event moment of all time' is like citing Michael J Fox's epic comeback in Teen Wolf or Carlton Banks airballing the half-court game winning shot to lose in Fresh Prince.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Not going for anything besides a dumb joke. Had no idea he had DUIs. He did get caught with a bong or something didn't he? I obviously don't care about his weed or anyone else's.

That's what I'm saying yes he got caught with the bong. I took the joke as "you shouldn't like him he smokes weed" /s type deal. Its true don't hate him for the weed. Gonna judge the fuck out of him for multiple DUIs though.

Edit- that being said I hope he learned the error of his ways and has improved himself.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Context: championship's playoff semifinal
Watford VS leicester
The global is 2-2,minute 95 and there is a penalty in favor of Leicester, the rest?
Just watch

Steve9842017

Nov 7, 2017
-Alex Honnold free soloing El Cap
-2012 SF Giants post-season run (having to win 3 straight elimination games in both the NLDS and NLCS)
-MadBum's 2014 playoff performance (best playoff pitching performance in baseball history)

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can still hear the announcer. "BANG!!!" So goooood

What makes this even more crazy is that the trophy had already been wheeled out for the Spurs and everyone was ready for the post-game celebrations, they were about to even start passing out the shirts and hats to the Spurs bench!! When it was clear Miami was gonna win in OT, the Spurs bench had to watch the trophy being wheeled back into the back room. Talk about just killing your team's morale. They ended up winning it the next year anyway, but damn that had to be gut-wrenching after being actual seconds away from winning the title!

Oct 27, 2017
It's gotta be Bob Beamon's long jump. It was so far beyond what anyone had been doing at the time they couldn't use the official measuring tools they had, they had to use a manual tape

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
This is all going to depend on what sport you like and/or who you support.

For me, it would have a to be England winning the Rugby World Cup in 2003 against Australia. Johnny Wilkinson kicks England to a fairy tale World Cup win in Australia. Beautiful.

2753067.jpg

Thornton Reed

Oct 30, 2017
Liverpool coming back from 3 goals down to beat AC Milan in the champs League final

Liverpool over turning 3 goals against Barcelona to beat them 4 3 to beat them in the champ league semi final

Andy Murray's first Wimbledon win

Tigers most recent masters

Nadal fed 2008 Wimbledon final

Germany putting 7 past Brazil in the world cup

Greece winning the euros

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
The Bautista bat flip comes in third there.

uZ9P7st.jpg

It's hard to believe we're two and a half generations removed from the Leafs doing anything memorable.
I think we nearly blew the roof off my house when this happened, and it was only the 7th damn inning, and they still nearly lost.

The other two, I think I danced with my cat when Leonard's shot dropped, so damn tense and I needed to unwind.
I was 8 when Carter hit that home run, so I don't remember what I was doing, but it was big for my 8 year old self. My whole family was watching that game at my grandparents house. The Jays where my grandfather's team.
To add to this:

Sorry USA

Dec 23, 2017
I can't say the best but I watched T-Mac 13 in 33 live and still the best sporting moment for me. Everyone was leaving those that stayed saw an amazing moment. Never leave until the final buzzer.

Lockheartilly9799

Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 23, 2017
From a personal level, when the Philadelphia Eagles defeated the New England Patriots with BIG DICK NICK FOLES. I was at a bar in Philly and the whole damn city was shutdown. Philly sports is in our blood and we finally had our moment.

From a historical level, it has to be the Jesse Owens moment. So signficant to our culture and our way of life.

SebTheCat

Oct 27, 2017
Context: championship's playoff semifinal
Watford VS leicester
The global is 2-2,minute 95 and there is a penalty in favor of Leicester, the rest?
Just watch

Ah, I remember this day too far well.
My brother was up visiting me in University, we went and watched this game at the Uni's bar and were obviously incredibly happy when we got that penalty.

And then the rest happened...

Dec 12, 2017
Of recent, it was Origi's goal to put LFC up 4-0 after losing 3-0 to Barça in the first leg. Felt bad for Suarez but watching a gutted Messi walk off the pitch at Anfield was thoroughly satisfying.

Go Reds.