• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
PersonAndStuff
Oct 27, 2017
71lGvus%2BddL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Ordered myself a $30 Santoku knife. Don't feel too bad about it but I definitely could make due with my cheapo cuisinart knife block.

Brick

Oct 25, 2017
A Roland FP-30 Piano Keyboard. I want to go with a better one, but I can't justify the price.

4/10 bullshit.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I very suddenly got the urge to get into amateur astronomy, so I've been trying to fine some budget-friendly telescopes (that aren't garbage). From what I can tell, it seems both Celestron and Orion make great telescopes for beginners even if they're on the more pricey end of things. I'm currently looking at the Orion AstroBlast 4.5 Reflector Telescope ($249.99):

VCVOMGw.jpg

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I ended up buying an e-bike. Actually quite happy with it now as it's getting me out a lot more And will possibly used for commuting to work occasionally when I am unfurloughed.

CePvvN5.jpg

latex

Jul 5, 2018
Should I get a ROOMBA? The one in my Amazon cart has been knocked down from $200 to $150.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
I'm going to get an apple watch soon, because I'm a lazy fuck that wants to call people with my wrist instead of reaching for my phone when I'm at work.

There's something deeply wrong with me.

ArtemisLunar

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Jun 13, 2018
iPad Pro 2020, mostly because the RAM upgrades and more "future proof" that my 2017 10.5 current model, I'm using it more that my Laptop and my PC, so I think it can be a 2.5-3/5 bullshit for me
A new smartphone, I wanted the Pixel 4 XL, but I need the money more for the University, I'm waiting for the Pixel 4a or to get a good deal on a iPhone 11, depending of what I could get it goes from 3 to 4/5 bullshit
An AMD GPU, this is 5/5 bullshit because the Hackintosh are going to die, and I already have a good GPU, so I really don't need that.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Either a 55 or 65 inch OLED tv. Need to do more research, and wanna spend up to 2k.

does anyone think the prices will come down closer to the holiday season (next gen systems)?

my current tv is a 55 regular ass 8 year old Vizio. It's a beast but I wanna be ready for next gen systems.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i ride a bikeshare bike to a shuttle to work but dark forces are trying to convince me to just buy a real bike and do the whole trip myself

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
My fiancé bought me the WH-1000 XM3 as a 6 month old birthday present. She also got me a tripod for my phone.

I got her the WF-1000 XM3s as a graduation gift, and an FS800 as a birthday present.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
TubShroom kit that has the sink versions as well because I'm sick of people leaving the drain catcher upside down with food around it. Also because my TubShroom is old and mildew-like.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Been thinking of getting a turbo graphic 16 mini, I never had one and want to play Bonk/Bonk's Revenge

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I need a new laptop as mine is starting to have issues, and what to go and get a Macbook Air, because I just really love Apple products, but I also realize it's way overpriced even with the recently 'reduction' in price, and lacks things I would use frequently such as a USB and DVD drive, meaning I'd have to spend even more on accessories. It'd probably be like a total 9/10 on the bullshit meter lol. Probably just end getting another cheap laptop and run it into the ground in like five years.

I just bought one of these and it's fucking awesome.

4519100_sd.jpg

We live in a small apartment and my wife's computer takes up the computer desk. My only option was to use my computer on our TV trays, but that was hurting my back since I had to lean forward.

This lets me use my computer in a way that's much more comfortable.

I actually need this a lot. Glad you posted it lol

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
An ipad pro 12.9. Just waiting for 5% cashback via Paypal next month from discover and I'm gonna splurge lol.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Want a larger tablet for comic and book reading, but can't justify the $$$ for the iPad Pro 12.9.

I will probably get the iPad Pro 12.9.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I need a new laptop as mine is starting to have issues, and what to go and get a Macbook Air, because I just really love Apple products, but I also realize it's way overpriced even with the recently 'reduction' in price, and lacks things I would use frequently such as a USB and DVD drive, meaning I'd have to spend even more on accessories. It'd probably be like a total 9/10 on the bullshit meter lol. Probably just end getting another cheap laptop and run it into the ground in like five years.

I actually need this a lot. Glad you posted it lol

I've resorted to buying refurbished computers the past few years and I'm super happy with that approach. I just bought a refurbished Thinkpad P50 (these specs, upgraded the RAM (8GB to 32GB) and 500GB HDD to 1TB M.2 NVME SSD) last month for $500 and it's still a better computer then anything else I'd find in that price range.

Glad I could help you with that lap desk. It's really a nice product and suits my needs perfectly.

Chronology

Oct 27, 2017
A $200 pair of sneakers.

That would be the most expensive pair of sneakers I ever bought. In the middle of a pandemic crisis.

I have perfectly adequate shoes right now, I'm not in need of another pair.

Straight up bullshit level of 10/10.

I don't know why I can't stop thinking about buying them.

Actually, I just really like the way they look.

don't leave me hanging, what do you have your eyes on?

mrchad

Oct 27, 2017
Considering an LG CX 65" OLED. Would need to upgrade my receiver to something 4K-capable, so probably a Denon S750H to go with it.

I have a 55" Sony 1080p LCD that works fine and a Denon AVR-1610 that's in good order as well. Dropping nearly 3 grand on upgrades is totally unnecessary, but still tempting.

plastic love

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 19, 2019
GameCube ASCII Keyboard Controller.

gamecube-ascii-keyboard-controller-asc-1901po-other-1553914806-97.jpg

Because I am a dumbass and want to play Smash Bros at the same time.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I've been toying with finally splurging on my first digital Leica since the M10M was announced... but with COVID closing their factories and the company having a looooong history of gradually increasing the prices of their products by considerable amounts, I'm feeling more heavily inclined to pull the trigger before it becomes more expensive.

I tell myself it would become my primary walk-around camera 95% of the time, pretty much replacing my entire Fuji kit. But I'm not a good enough photographer to justify it, nor do I get paid for my work to offset the cost. It's a totally frivolous want - but also a grail that would satisfy a life-long goal. I'll either continue lusting for another year or two or one night I'll drink too much and say screw it... who knows.

leica-m10-monochrom-top.png

11/10 bullshit

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
A resin 3D printer! I was going to get the Elegoo Mars Pro but since the virus thing hit it hasn't come back to stock. I may wait now and spend more for one of the new ones coming with larger print volumes though.

Forgot I posted this. Two weeks ago I was able to get in on the second batch of pre-orders for the Elegoo Saturn! Slightly more expensive than the Mars Pro but the larger print area and monochrome screen make it so worth it. Delivery is to be in September!
Next BS buy may be a Creality CR-6 and an Ender Extender kit for my 3. A farther down the line purchase may be a Model 3 Performance.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Picked up an Apple Watch Series 5 today since my Series 1 broke a couple months ago and I've gained 15 pounds. It really does motivate me to be active.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
was considering a pair of steelseries wireless arctis pros but that shit vanished from teh face of the earth last week

Chronology

Oct 27, 2017