• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mobius 1

Oct 27, 2017
North Point, Osean Federation
Thinking of getting a salt box. 10/10 on the bullshit scale, but not super expensive (typically $15-20). Something along the lines of this:

V7ye7Bu.png
Not bulshit. We had one when I was a kld, now come to think of it I want one too.

Monsterqken

Dec 26, 2019
Contemplating buying this $1000 isolation booth thing so I can record some vocals for the music I've been working on before the 48 month financing offer (with free mic) at Sweetwater expires.
What kind of chain do you have? Soundcard/mic/preamp?

There are plenty of simple and pretty good sollutions for acoustics as well that you could go for.

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
What kind of chain do you have? Soundcard/mic/preamp?

There are plenty of simple and pretty good sollutions for acoustics as well that you could go for.

I'm looking less at outside sounds contaminating the recording, more at containing the volume of my singing to a small space for the benefit of the dozens of people in my apartment complex. I've contemplated grabbing a mic, an interface, and a laptop and tracking in my car somewhere. But that doesn't fit well with the pace of my workflow. So I've been contemplating buying an Isovox.

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
Raspberry Pi

Custom Arcade Cabinet

3D printer

portable AC

new bed

Some of this is definitely way more bullshit Than others, especially the cab. I don't really have a good place to put one, anyway. I've just always kind of wanted one.

Oct 26, 2017
I wanna get one of those fancy ass lightsabers so I can brag about it to other nerds, you know one with the light up crystal inside and shit

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Record player.

Just not sure the difference listening to albums on vinyl is really that much better than streaming/ digital
Its more fun to get records that aren't available on any other medium, than going for it for the quality.

Most of the stuff, on a decent system, is going to sound identical to its digital counterpart.
If you're expecting a difference that's gonna justify your investment by itself you're gonna be disapointed.

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
No you can't

My HD 660S is 3 months old

No, no I can't.

At this point, I'm having to restrain myself from buying a bunch more music, to experience the sweet sound from these bad boys.

I took a hard look at the 660S as well. That's a beautiful set of phones. All things considered, quality headphones are a pretty great quarantine purchase.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
After spending the past 6 years cooking nearly every day with some $20 supermarket knives, pots, and pans, I've been upgrading over this period. I talked myself out of a truly gratuitous knife out of fear of not keeping up with the maintenance (whetstone), but I have gone all-out on some $100+ all-stainless, Made in Japan pots and pans that have Yuki Hattori's (the color commentator from the original Iron Chef) name on them. I admit that was the point that convinced me to pull the trigger.

I have a pair of these Yasuda knives (roughly $45 each) arriving today:

51x8j1ISNPL._AC_SX466_.jpg

What I REALLY wanted was this $400 Bob Kramer monster...:

JA34941203-2.jpg

Where did you buy these ?

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Thinking of buying a car, mainly because I live in SF right now and my office isn't opening in 2020. My plans to move to NY in March got derailed so I'm thinking of moving back down to SoCal where rent is more affordable (currently living in a basement with no kitchen). My current car is a busted up 06' Civic Hybrid that likely won't be able to make the drive back down.

I think this new Camry model looks really sexy, which is not something I thought I would ever say about a Camry.

2020-toyota-camry-trd-120-1568026100.jpg

Last edited:

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
$100 for a random assortment of 24 x 24 inch square adhesive carpet tiles. I almost bought more or less the exact same thing from "Flor" -who will sell you random assortments for a buck ninety nine a tile - but then HOLY SHIT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THEIR SHIPPING PRICES??

My box of about 80 tiles - heavy NO DOUBT but they wanted $180 for slowest shipping. Went to Amazon, same amount, same weight, off brand - free shipping.

These are to carpet my "garage" which as most people in Seattle know, is a large closet that couldn't even joke about fitting a car in it.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Came close to buying a Mokuti begleri, but I stopped myself.

So I had to look up everything about what that actually is and yeah, you dodged a bullet. It seems like exactly the sort of thing you should make yourself for a couple of bucks at JoAnns.

Not hobby or fidget shaming, but an expensive one makes zero sense to me. I'm kind of amazed there IS an expensive one of whatever that kind of thing is.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I had to look up everything about what that actually is and yeah, you dodged a bullet. It seems like exactly the sort of thing you should make yourself for a couple of bucks at JoAnns.

Not hobby or fidget shaming, but an expensive one makes zero sense to me. I'm kind of amazed there IS an expensive one of whatever that kind of thing is.

lol. Think about what people spend on jewelry and get back to me.

SOBOSLDR

Nov 27, 2017
So my Magic the Gathering buying spree has continued. Got a Mystery Booster Box. Wifey and I are gonna crack a pack a week.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
GTX Win Max
8/10 Bullshit

I mean I could play most of PC library on the go. But I don't even play that much on the go and I still have a massive (3)DS and Vita library for that ...

BoondockRiley

Nov 15, 2017
Been having a large clear-out of stuff during lockdown and came across my childhood pokemon card collection. Went back and filled the gaps in my collection via eBay, but I'm now very tempted to try and obtain one card of every Pokemon to have a 'living card pokedex'.

So yeah lots of cards. Need someone to talk me out of it (or encourage me its a good idea)

81NcfTTOyvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

OP
OP
PersonAndStuff
Oct 27, 2017
I thought about getting a DNA test, maybe see one of those health centric one. See if I'm more likely to get blah health condition. Also would be nice if it provided one of those DNA sequence images. That might be a cool thing to have framed in my apartment. Hard to justify right now though.

Also thinking about getting a cabinet to put on top of my kitchen counter and add some storage space. But it would have to be the exact right dimensions but my microwave and coffee maker would go in it.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I bought a bunch of Phillips Hue Play lights for my television and Computer screen. That's enough bullshit for a while.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up buying a Yeti cooler to keep in my truck just cause of random use cases I've been running into. Doing a great job of keeping beer cold to this point.

Oct 25, 2017
I used a website to notify me if an Nvidia Shield TV Pro came back in stock on Amazon. It alarmed me about 2 hours later, and I ordered it within 1 minute of the alarm going off and it was immediately out of stock after that. I think I might have gotten the only one.

Unfortunately it doesn't ship until June 28.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been in the market for a new desk (place for the battlestation). I was originally going to build my own with a butcher's block top but decided on this instead (after seeing the smaller version at a local OfficeDepot). Looking forward to standing or at least having the option...

Amazon.com: Vari Electric Standing Desk 60 - Sit to Stand Desk - Push Button Memory Settings: Kitchen & Dining

Buy Vari Electric Standing Desk 60 - Sit to Stand Desk - Push Button Memory Settings: Monitor Arms & Stands - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
post-47394-025910800%201281358727.jpg
Waterman gentlemen fountain pen. I love fancy pens, and always like the look of the pen used in the bond film. It should be arriving soon and I can draw all sorts of fancy stuff with it.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I need to buy a tripod to start doing astrophotography with my Pixel 4 XL