• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
Sealed booster boxes of MtG sets set in Innistrad. Particularly annoying because I sold a box from each of the first three sets for cheap back when I quit the game. =/

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
My PSP battery which I have not played in four years busted. So I ordered a PSP battery replacement. Great I got it. bad I don't have a charger anymore and you can't charge via the USB

Jersa

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA (USA)
Been a busy month for bullshit -- just took a new job and moved across the country, so I've been grabbing a lot of things that I've had my eye on lately.

- Zojirushi Rice Cooker
- LG C9 55"
- Theragun
- Breville Smart Coffee Grinder Pro (because I forgot that I packed the bin for my old coffee grinder inside the reservoir of my coffee maker when moving)
- Fanatec PS4 F1 DD1, Porsche Rim, Endurance Button Module, Advance Paddle Module, Thrustmaster Handbrake, Fanatec Drift Rim, Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3, Some gloves and wrestling shoes, NLR DD Stand, HP Reverb
- New set of white Hue Play lights because they're no longer behind my monitor
- New dining table, console table, and A/V rack for turntable

Balancing that out with some anti-bullshit though; paid off all my credit cards this week for the first time in like 7 years. Feels good and future bullshit is going to be paid back at the time of purchase now.

- Debating picking up a set of RP-500SA speakers, but I'm doubtful that there is enough Atmos content to justify it.

Last edited:

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I've been contemplating and planning for next-gen. This will include:

A new TV (not going OLED as I want a 75+ inch)
A new receiver (HDMI 2.1 capable)
A PS5
Either a Series X or a new GPU. Haven't decided yet.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I've been contemplating and planning for next-gen. This will include:

A new TV (not going OLED as I want a 75+ inch)
A new receiver (HDMI 2.1 capable)
A PS5
Either a Series X or a new GPU. Haven't decided yet.

any thoughts on the receiver? Has anyone other than Denon come out with models yet?

I'm still sticking with my 2400 and I'll probably hook my PS5 through my TV for HDR/VRR etc and 'suffer' DD5.1 via arc

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing.

Want to have as much cash as much possible to invest in index funds during this these time in case there's a massive correction. I will be getting an OLED later this year, but that doesn't count as bullshit as I'm expecting it to virtually cost me nothing if pricing goes down the way I think it will.

Transistor

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
any thoughts on the receiver? Has anyone other than Denon come out with models yet?

I'm still sticking with my 2400 and I'll probably hook my PS5 through my TV for HDR/VRR etc and 'suffer' DD5.1 via arc
No thoughts yet. I was hoping a Pioneer Elite HDMI 2.1 would have come out by now, as I love my VSX-90. However, the new eARC allows for uncompressed 7.1 to go to the receiver from the TV, so doing that might be the best way in the future (so no worry about pass-through to the TV)

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
No thoughts yet. I was hoping a Pioneer Elite HDMI 2.1 would have come out by now, as I love my VSX-90. However, the new eARC allows for uncompressed 7.1 to go to the receiver from the TV, so doing that might be the best way in the future (so no worry about pass-through to the TV)

SHARC may be an option too - may be something I consider to extract proper audio which can go into a regular HDMI input on my receiver, with PS5 connected to my TV. Not be limited by lack of earc or HDMI 2.1 features

Transistor

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
SHARC may be an option too - may be something I consider to extract proper audio which can go into a regular HDMI input on my receiver, with PS5 connected to my TV. Not be limited by lack of earc or HDMI 2.1 features
eARC allows for 37mbit audio streams, which is more than enough bandwidth for audio. I'm hoping it simply has the compatibility to go into an input on my existing equipment and just be treated like an audio stream

Supa Necta

Oct 25, 2017
My PSP battery which I have not played in four years busted. So I ordered a PSP battery replacement. Great I got it. bad I don't have a charger anymore and you can't charge via the USB

I was digging through some stuff and found 2 PSP batteries that were swollen and bulging. Super annoying. What does a new battery cost?

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
I have a phone that I love, that works perfectly and is less than 6 month old. Yet I still want to buy the most expensive next iPhone just to try it out.

Oct 30, 2017
Been amazon'ing quarantine-shit.
90's graphics tees, 7/10 BS.
Plasma lighter, 8/10 BS.
Lotsa fleece shorts, 1/10 BS.
Switch: 0/10 BS.

And I think there's some more.
Been pretty goddamn bored.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
eARC allows for 37mbit audio streams, which is more than enough bandwidth for audio. I'm hoping it simply has the compatibility to go into an input on my existing equipment and just be treated like an audio stream

nope

its a dumb thing that relies on an ethernet line on the HDMI cable. I don't know why - if you have an input on the TV so the ARC is just for audio output - it can't be sent to a regular input on an amplifier. Seems dumb but apparantly designed for convenience

Transistor

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
nope

its a dumb thing that relies on an ethernet line on the HDMI cable. I don't know why - if you have an input on the TV so the ARC is just for audio output - it can't be sent to a regular input on an amplifier. Seems dumb but apparantly designed for convenience
Boooooooooo. Wish there was some way to fix that with a software update, but oh well. Might just look at a splitter. It would be cool if TVs had an "HDMI Out" port just for that purpose. So do the whole video / audio passthrough, but in reverse.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
also I bought my uncle the Galaxy S10 renewed on Amazon for Father's day

Yoss

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
This thread inspired me, ordered a new coffee table from Structube.

02-71.40.88.97_coffeetable_sidy-71.40.88.97.jpg

MrChillaxx

Banned
Jan 13, 2018
A 240hz monitor
Ultra competitive games are probably <10% of my playtime these days

Bullshit level 9/10

Pc engine mini
I'm pretty sure i'd never play it, i have no nostalgia for it

Bullshit level 10/10

High quality kneading machine
Would be useful but i already have a cheaper one that serves me reasonably well

Bullshit level 3/10

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Bought a 15" MacBook Pro (Early 2013) model for $500 from a co-worker. It's the fully decked out version (2.8GHz, 16GB RAM, GeForce GPU, 500GB SSD) but it's something I didn't need at all. Bullshit level was high, but it was a great deal I couldn't pass up because even though I didn't need it, I've wanted a MacBook for over a decade now.

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
Getting a trailer hitch put on my EV so I can put a bike rack on it. Only really bullshit because I'm annoyed I couldn't use my current bike rack or find another trunk one that would work well. I'm able to use $100 worth of service credit though so it's not all bad

Also been looking at folding and/or electric bikes, def don't need one now but I may want one in a few years if we move farther from the city

Oct 27, 2017
Another Switch Lite. I've lost mine to the wife playing animal crossing and I quite fancy getting my games back and also having my own animal crossing town.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Marshall JTM45 head.

Ive barely turned my current 15/20 watt combos up past 1/4 in any gig in the last years, but I love old style Marshall heads.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
I'm neither employed nor have the money to blow on 1K+ items (2K for that hoverboard thing is INSANE).

That said, here's my list off stuff I want:

I've been wanting to order this chair which I've had opened in a tab for weeks:

https://www.autonomous.ai/office-chairs/ergonomic-computer-chair?option1572=1943&option1573=1945

Do I need it? No. Can I use a good chair for my desk in my room? Yes. My back would thank me since I currently sit on a lounging chair. It's okay but it has caused some back problems which is not conducive for good posture.

Other crap I've been eyeing:

iPad Latest gen 128GB
Apple Pencil 2nd gen (I found one for something like $88 on eBay)
Case for said iPad

Utility use for this group of stuff: probably every day since I've been wanting to get back into digital painting but I want a portable solution.

-11x 18 inch Whiteboard w/dry erase markers
-Copic Sketch markers (Do they ever go on sale?)
-Various art supplies from jetpens.com (sketchbooks, pens, etc.)
-HD Webcam for streaming/recording art for YT/IG Live (experimentation)
-This artist table: https://www.dickblick.com/products/studio-designs-futura-craft-station/
-Deadly Premonition 2
-An expensive bike https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/bikes/hybrid-bikes/dual-sport-bikes/dual-sport/dual-sport-2/p/32889/?colorCode=grey
-A fold-up mattress to eventually replace my long time bunk bed
-A Visible Wireless compatible phone (Motorola G5 maybe) to change cellphone carriers

Not enough money to go around. I'd like to justify a few things as investments lol.

Gray Fox

Jul 6, 2018
More lego sets I don't need and I've started looking at wrestling replica belts. (which I also do not need)

Pierru

Dec 12, 2017
A TOTO washlet.
Because it's important.

youtu.be

WASHLET Functionality

The TOTO WASHLET is a highly advanced system in hygiene and comfort. Using a water cleansing system that leaves you fresh and rejuvenated, the WASHLET utiliz...

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
Rogue Territory just launched some new jeans that I really want to pick up.

But they're $300 and since I've been WFH, I don't really know why I'd need to buy new jeans.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
been thinking about rehauling my pc with a new mobo and ryzen cpu in anticipation of the new nvidia gpus coming out later this year...idk if I should do it

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Vinyl albums. Lots and lots of vinyl albums....

10/10 bullshit considering all that shits available on Spotify.

Also a wood-pellet grill, which isn't necessary but certainly more useful.

5/10 bullshit

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A cold brew coffee maker. Is it necessary? Absolutely not. But I think it's a sin to have hot coffee on a hot summer day, you need a cold brew. I've been making iced americanos with ice cubes for the time being.

I'm thinking of getting this one, has good reviews on amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hario-Coff...ld=1&keywords=Cold+Brew&qid=1593194139&sr=8-5
I don't like that style. I have a similar one and went back to just using a jar and then pouring through a filter when I'm done.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I posted earlier without mentioning the other things I actually did buy:

This little thing for helping to circulate air in my bedroom during summer: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BF3XTX0/

3/10 bullshit

Bamboo cutting board arriving today because the ones I have are way too small: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MU0C1F5/

2/10 bullshit

New go to stock pot since the bottom of the one I've had for the past 7 years is peeling a bit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F7WM5SP/

1/10 bullshit

I did pick up Last of Us II for $42, but haven't got a chance to play since launch...

-1/10 bullshit.

I might consider picking up a bigger iPad if I could find a reburished 12.9 (2018) for under $700. I would then just sell my 10.5 Pro on Swappa with the net difference being $200-$250. This upgrade would be an 8/10 BS

pvin626

Nov 16, 2017
Almost bought my self an LG 55" CX, but stopped my self last minute. Might just wait until the PS5/XBX release since my TLC 55P605 is still okay.