• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 2, 2020
I have zero issues with knowing what order video games will be shown in lol. I wait for the 4K YouTube videos nowadays anyway so I can skip what I'm not interested in.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
There's a middle ground between hilariously jaded "lol losers" and "I can't believe you would leak this!!" and that's where I live. If it leaks, it leaks but I would rather go in not knowing. Seems like that used to be a lot of the fun of these things, but apparently I'm crazy.

Edit: I'm not going to avoid the internet tho

Oct 28, 2017
If the theory that The Snitch is a YouTube employee is true then it's more like:

It's the end of the working week, time to finish the showcase and upload it to YouTube

Aaron Greenberg: Showcase will be 95 minutes long

Shortly after....

Tom Henderson "I fear the entire show will get leaked in it's entirety"

That would be one hell of an insider, I like it, I'm not sure we have ever had a an insider like that, if true..

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Oh well this showcase will be on at 3am for me, so I'll be reading headlines afterwards anyway (and looking up trailers myself for whatever is interesting). If it leaks early then I guess not much changes, I'll just know the names of the games before being able to see the trailers in a day or two.

Sucks for those putting together the event though.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
QxX3pDQ.gif

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I remember last year when people predicted the ps showcase would leak days before it happened and all we got was a few people teasing Wolverine in vague enough ways that no one figured it out. Wouldn't surprise me if that's the case for this too.

Arugala

May 21, 2021
The "slightly upgraded" narrative is so ridiculous lmao. I'm already tired of hearing people say this and it's honestly a little wild to me that another developer is the one saying it about someone else's game. Surely you can see the amount of work put into it isn't minor. It's a significant upgrade over the first game, and we haven't even seen the gameplay yet either.

Try and downplay the announcement how you want but a remake built from the ground up of one of the most beloved and acclaimed games of the last decade is a big deal.

No it's not

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope I see a certain Bear and/or Bird at the conference. I'll settle for a Bandicoot.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Gimme the leaks.

I remember the great CBOAT leak of 2014, that had MCC in it.

Didn't impact my hype of that show at all.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MS need to be better at keeping things locked down. I don't want this to leak as I enjoy the show as entertainment but I can't blame the leakers, MS know exactly what can happen, they need to find a way to limit these outcomes.

Jun 5, 2018
My first reaction was that would suck, and certainly it would for everyone who would get their stuff leaked before their big show and so I hope it doesn't happen, that said if it did happen I probably would look because I wouldn't want to watch a show only to find no Fable news like last year, since Xbox doesn't really have much I expect this year that would interest me I'm trying to keep my expectations low.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
MS need to be better at keeping things locked down. I don't want this to leak as I enjoy the show as entertainment but I can't blame the leakers, MS know exactly what can happen, they need to find a way to limit these outcomes.

It sounds like in this case it's not Microsoft's fault. People have speculated he is seeing hidden YouTube videos. He knew 90% of the state of play as well.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
I'm down for the leaks. Knowing what games will be shown just helps me determine whether it's worth actually watching. The full trailer will be worth checking out if it's something I'm interested in.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Genuine question to folks on ERA, is a showcase getting leaked beforehand a big deal for you? 🤔 I get wanting to go in and be surprised, but it's not something that would make me want to unplug from the internet y'know. Anyways yeah, I think a few big announcements are definitely going to get divulged by the end of Saturday.
Just like games I dont wanna too much about before it launches, I just get of the internet as much as I can. I even put some threads on ignore. You would be surprised how fast you can forget something if you dont see it.

For me, a surprise or going into a game without too much info is always better vs the alternative.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Genuine question to folks on ERA, is a showcase getting leaked beforehand a big deal for you? 🤔 I get wanting to go in and be surprised, but it's not something that would make me want to unplug from the internet y'know. Anyways yeah, I think a few big announcements are definitely going to get divulged by the end of Saturday.

Nope, especially if something I like is in said spoilers….I become more interested in watching.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
I thought that was Nktrnl or whatever his name was?
It was ntkrnl and it happened in January.

See that was "fun" for people because then we had six months of is it?/isn't it? Is this person for real? Is it a hoax? Is it controlled? Are they coming back?

I appreciate others not seeing a distinction, but think having it essentially confirmed the week of is much less exciting and much more of a bummer.

Wigdogger

Oct 27, 2017
Regarding that spoiler list... that seems believable to me. But who the hell knows.

That said...
Without Forza listed, that seems hard to believe.

Uncle Sensei

Oct 25, 2017
There's absolutely no way the FH5 expansion doesn't have a title. Also, the Quake logo thing is exactly the same as Quake Champions, minus the champions. Super fake

Gashprex

Oct 25, 2017
The best is when people claim that a conference was disappointing because there were no surprises because it leaked ahead of time