• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I've never seen anything with him for some reason. But I've heard enough from people/critics I trust to know he's good.

I hope this isn't a full on origin story though, early batman is fine.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After seeing him act in films after/other than Twilight I'm ok with this decision and will support him. I believe he'll do a great job.

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
Looking forward to this! I've got faith that he can pull off a decent Bruce Wayne but I'm still unsure about him as Batman. We shall see.

QuantumZebra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who would you have picked?

Ryan Gosling for me...
d5u6t9u-16cdde90-0942-4551-a195-04834c73ab4b.gif

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
Good. I don't know if the movie will be any good, but if it isn't I doubt he's the problem. Saying that he shouldn't have a chance because he's in Twilight is like clamining Natalie Portman or Hayden Christensen were the reason that the Star Wars prequels were bad.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, WB. Already announcing a trilogy before the first film is even out yet? I would've thought you learned your lesson after the dumpster fire that the early DCEU...

CosmicGP

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
I'm just glad Hoult is not it.

Hoult, who starred in Tolkien and is about to reprise in X-Men: First Class, was impressive, but Pattinson will be the guy and negotiations will get underway any moment.

Ahahah "...was impressive." More like "You'd better take whatever deal we give you, Pattinson.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's a good actor. Too early to tell how good of a Batman he will be as it largely depends on the script. Can't say I am too excited as the last DC thing I truly loved was the Nolan Batman trilogy, and that was even before the DC Universe movies, so yeah.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Assuming that he's a success in the role (and I've no reason to doubt that he won't be) he'll be playing Batman for a lot more than three films.

qatak

Oct 27, 2017
got high hopes for this. hoping dc stays relatively hands off and lets reeves do his thing. pattinson has really developed into a phenomenal arthouse actor, so hopefully they stray as far away from big budget tropes as possible.