• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That is definitely going to be a ballpit convention. I look forward to seeing how it turns out in a year.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
It includes passes to ALL FUTURE EVENTS.

I smell a ballpit...

120.jpg
You also get 20% off at the food market!

590383042f6ae4ae108b46b6

Katten

Oct 27, 2017

Apparently there was a notice to depo Slatosch that Beard wants to quash.

You are on the ball with these.

Kinda confused on this one, but it seems like Lemoine is really digging into the various procedural fuck-ups by Beard.

Which is fucking awesome. While it does have a feeling of him shooting fish in a barrel, it those fishes made procedural fuck-ups/crimes, they certainly should get some attention.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
Lemoine filed a subpoena to deposition Slatosch (Owner of KamehaCon) to be done (even remotely lol) in Midland Texas. According to the subpoena that Ty Beard filed as an exhibit to his motion to quash said subpoena, Slatosch lives in Odessa, TX.

According to Texas Rules of Civil Procedure that Beard cites,
TEX.R.CIV.P. 176.3(a) ("A person may not be required by subpoena to appear or produce documents or other things in a county that is more than 150 miles from where the person resides or is served").

Slatosch lives in Odessa, TX. He's being told to produce the documents in Midland, TX. They're less than 50 miles away. Tarrant County however is a little more than 300 miles away. I don't think Ty Beard read that subpoena well.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
Why start doing anything well now?
Yep, Beard can't even cite the TRCP well since it refers to where the person resides or is served and the only thing he cites to be more than 150miles is where the courthouse is located. The Tarrant County courthouse. Midland is where the subpoena says the documents must be produced or where Slatosch is to appear.

This is a hail mary if I ever saw one lol

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
It is SO fucking fascinating to follow. Some of their (as in Screech and Percy) reactions seem like pure bad faith, where you would think they knew better. But others seem like they read the cliff notes version of a law book and went "AHA!" and then just ran with it, without actually reading the full text.

At other times, like the whole Ex Parte adventure, they apparently saw someone saying something on KF and just fucking took it to be good and usefull information.

Starting to seem like Ty Beards Law School for Kids Who Can't Law Good and Who Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too might be a lost cause.

At least Vig will enjoy a popsicle with real bits of fruit in it, before he gets the bill.

Sep 14, 2019

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Heyo:

MOVING DEFENDANTS CONTEND THAT CHRIS SLATOSCH ("SLATOSCH")COMMITTED PERJURY IN HIS AFFIDAVIT OF SEPTEMBER 30, 2019 BY KNOWINGLY ASSERTING FALSE ACCUSATIONS THAT DEFENDANTS INTERFERED WITH A CONTRACT WITH PLAINTIFF. SEVERAL OF THE ELEMENTS THE COURT EVALUATES WHEN ASSESSING SANCTIONS ARE RELEVANT TO THIS ISSUE,AS ARE ATTEMPTS BY PLAINTIFF AND/OR HIS AGENTS TO SOLICIT OR COERCE FALSE TESTIMONY.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I feel it funny all of Vick's supporters are people the new Broly would beat the shit out of.

He almost tore that Freiza soldier in half for sexually harassing Cheelai.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
considering HALFTIME wasn't all that long ago, the second half of this game is going a lot faster than the first half...

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I almost feel like the premature filing was on purpose so Nick and Ty can tell their fans they lost on a technicality instead of on merit.

Like when I tell my friends I didn't get into the one Ivy I applied to because my guidance counselor missed a deadline.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, if Greg was right in one of his previous tweets about how long TCPA appeals take in Texas, Half Time wasn't actually too far off the mark.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
Yeah I think some of the Texas lawyers told Greg that TCPA appeals are more like 6 months than 1-2 years

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I almost feel like the premature filing was on purpose so Nick and Ty can tell their fans they lost on a technicality instead of on merit.

Like when I tell my friends I didn't get into the one Ivy I applied to because my guidance counselor missed a deadline.

Ah. As the only member of my family to get rejected from Harvard, I get you ;)

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how badly Beard is starting to regret all this. I know we've said this a lot, but blackmailing someone into falsifying their testimony is career ending shit at the very least.

That and the notarization fraud and the asking KF to doxx other lawyers should make for some interesting plays when we resume after that "halftime".

Edit: This is funny.

Last edited:

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
What a sharp legal mind, did you get a subpoena? Then chest file an anti-slapp. lawsuits and subpoenas are the same thing right?

lawsuits and subpoenas are the same thing right?

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
If a dude is using the twitter web app, how the fuck do you get "consult an attorney" or "theoredically"?

I feel a little bad for Slatosch. His name is right there on screen and nope.

No matter what, if you're getting deposed, you should consult a lawyer.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to the groundbreaking bottle episode where Screech, Percy and Vic are stuck in an elevator for seven hours and everyone's truth finally outs.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to the groundbreaking bottle episode where Screech, Percy and Vic are stuck in an elevator for seven hours and everyone's truth finally outs.

Thinking more like:

Setting: A Hawaiian beach

Screech: He is a judge man, they don't understand the law.
Vig: This sounds really expensive?
Screech: Trust me, it is the only way to go. When judges say left, you go right.
Vig: Look at that piece of tail over there!
Ty: Look I built a sandpile!

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking more like:

Setting: A Hawaiian beach

Screech: He is a judge man, they don't understand the law.
Vig: This sounds really expensive?
Screech: Trust me, it is the only way to go. When judges say left, you go right.
Vig: Look at that piece of tail over there!
Ty: Look I built a sandpile!

LOL, I can't help but hear the Arrested Development theme song starting up after this.