• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie's answer/point about "winning the ideological battle" on stuff like Medicare For All is kinda weird.

Because yeah, that may be so... But at the same time, they're clearly not voting for him.

So what's that say... If people really feel that way, but they're voting for Biden anyway?

Obviously, a mix of things. Part of it is that voters are complicated and most are not single-issue voters, or rather, even for those that are single-issue voters, the amount of voters that are single-issue voters for any particular individual single-issue, such as M4A, is low. Another possibility is that people agree with Sanders, but he's just not a good messenger/not good at selling it for whatever reason.

But no matter how you slice it, the fact that people feel that way but nonetheless are voting for Biden, if true... I don't see how that itself is good in any way, as clearly there's some disconnect somewhere if that's the case, that he's not been able to translate that into votes for himself over Biden. That just raises further questions. As to what the answers are, who knows, but if so, I don't see how that itself is good for Sanders 'cause something is clearly off if that's the case and it's not something in Sanders' favor.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Biden's closing statement was light years better than Bernie's who had to turn it into WHO OWNS THE MEDIA!?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
They didn't say anything to each other at the end, Bernie just walked off while Biden's talking to the moderators

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Hostility, trolling over a series of posts, long history of the same behavior
What in the hell are you talking about?

Just a probalistic example off the top of my head tbh? I removed it because it was needlessly and overly specific without any justification. Worst case it actually applies to someone here and they think I was talking about them.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017

Biden's been obfuscatin' up a storm tonight.

Biden can't go back in time and undo his own dumb quotes and Hillary showed adding multiple layers and trying to clarify or correct the record or evolve on everything makes you look worse with people than doubling down and denying that you ever supported anything dumb

Oct 27, 2017

Yes, and that truth is a) operating in the Senate as the minority party, and b) winning crucial states and constituencies order to win an election, to be able to address all the things he said tonight he agrees with her on. On point b, Sanders is currently "less true" than Biden. AOC is just frustrated, I don't blame her but she learns quickly and no doubt will continue her escalating rise.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, an example of what?

In psychology it's well known that people whom have more tend to exhibit less empathy, sympathy, and tend to be worse at thinking about situations from others perspectives. This is especially true when you look at what people give relative to their means. If you want I can link you relevant materials. The amount of people that can live comfortably off of a one spouse income are in a stark minority in the United States.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
David Clarke wants us all dead I see

He still visiting shady Kremlin operatives still on NRA missions? Asking for a friend.

Biden can't go back in time and undo his own dumb quotes and Hillary showed adding multiple layers and trying to clarify or correct the record or evolve on everything makes you look worse with people than doubling down and denying that you ever supported anything dumb

Eh. That's why you be slick and CONTRITE about it.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
The CNN discussion now is about how quickly things are escalating. The CDC gave out a countrywide recommendation to avoid gatherings +50 people, and New York City is giving out an executive order to close theaters and nightclubs, and all restaurants are only allowed to do delivery and takeout.

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario

this whole throw up progressive responses because its a crisis move is going to hurt him if he backs away from it as soon as bernie is out of the picture

he was already winning

i don't think biden's losing his basic faculties but this isn't a bunch of cynical lies then I really have to question how well he remembers his own record

CrabDust

Nov 16, 2017
My take is the medicare/ss stuff was yikes BUT likely the truth on these stances are much more complex than the sound bites.

Wish both of them had just simplified the convo and pledged to not cut in the future. Be done with it.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
My take is the medicare/ss stuff was yikes BUT likely the truth on these stances are much more complex than the sound bites.

Wish both of them had just simplified the convo and pledged to not cut in the future. Be done with it.
Yeah, it's just not an honest attack to boil it down to "Biden wanted SS cuts." That suggests it's something he wants in and of itself - simply being willing to offer them up as bargaining chips for other things (in the case of the 2011 debt deal, more infrastructure spending and cuts elsewhere + tax increases) isn't that.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Sanders didn't come to win. He came to make Biden better.

I think he accomplished that.
If this was true he wouldn't have been going in on things like Biden's social security history or attacking Biden on minuscule issues that just make him look petty. These "Bernie just wants to make Biden a better candidate" hot takes just sound like people are desperate to spin Bernie into having some sort of figurative "win".

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
If this was true he wouldn't have been going in on things like Biden's social security history or attacking Biden on minuscule issues that just make him look petty. These "Bernie just wants to make Biden a better candidate" hot takes just sound like people are desperate to spin Bernie into having some sort of figurative "win".

Not so much a win as a purpose beyond spite.

Even if that's not the goal. Warren's potential endorsement and Bernie still being in this race seems to have led Biden to going left on policies he was much more centrist on in the primary. I would love to see it continue

Status
Not open for further replies.