• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dispatch

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. My anxiety is through the roof since yesterday.
I just got home from the hospital yesterday with a Staph infection of my blood. They put in a PICC line (a catheter in my right arm for antibiotics,) for the next six weeks, all of which makes me much more susceptible to disease and infection.
So, ya, I'm a little stressed right now.

Rodderick

Oct 25, 2017
People forget that incumbent presidents almost always do terribly in their debates because they under-prepare. Lazy-ass Trump will certainly fit that mold. I will concede that I expect him to pull some ridiculous dramatic stunt. But preparation on policy or the issues will not happen.

Even Obama had his ass handed to him by Romney in their first debate.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Is there any legal requirement for Trump or Pence to disclose being tested for coronavirus?

cause knowing trump Im sure he's getting tested daily

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Biden should win in the biggest landslide in history with how fucking awful this administration is.

This pandemic, and the economic disaster that has (and will continue to) ensue is the end of his presidency.

There's no coming back from this... Particularly when we're probably a few months from the worst of it.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I kinda wish the general was in 3-4 weeks. I imagine it would be a blowout and we wouldn't have to worry about the health of the candidates and the justices as much. Oh well

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
Every single poster who spread the conspiracy theory that Biden has dementia should watch this and be fucking ashamed of themselves.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Refusing to test the president is extremely bizarre to me. Like, why not? He even meets their own extremely strict criteria for testing, having interacted with virus positive individuals. Only reason I can think of is that they are actually worried he has it and don't want that info getting out.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

Zeke Miller @ZekeJMiller

New from @PressSec: "Both the President and Vice President had almost no interactions with the individual who tested positive and do not require being tested at this time."

1:43 PM - Mar 12, 2020

The whole "the president is infallible and immortal" suicide cult thing is only cute when North Korea does it. These people will be taking photos holding hands with the sick president in a bunker as the WH burns around them.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Refusing to test the president is extremely bizarre to me. Like, why not? He even meets their own extremely strict criteria for testing, having interacted with virus positive individuals. Only reason I can think of is that they are actually worried he has it and don't want that info getting out.
He has the best immune system

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Even Obama had his ass handed to him by Romney in their first debate.
Yes! Even Reagan was generally considered to have lost his first debate to Mondale. No one remembers it because of Reagan destroying in the second, though. Granted, the debate this year seems even less likely to influence the trajectory of the race than normal. But I'm not worried about Biden.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
They're probably just lying. No way he or the secret service isn't testing him

Oct 27, 2017
Trump sounded terrible last night, and the other day Pence looked blotchy as hell. Whether they have it or not, they did not look or sound well.

I missed the Biden speech, but the conventional norms on candidate speeches is "We're supposed to have only one president at a time." (which the Romney 2012 press-conference setup got criticized for, which was mentioned here). From the sound of everyone's posts, and based on Trump's address last night, Biden didn't violate that norm.

Oct 29, 2017
Is there any legal requirement for Trump or Pence to disclose being tested for coronavirus?

cause knowing trump Im sure he's getting tested daily

If it comes out that he's getting tested DAILY, or even multiple times, when we very clearly do not have anywhere cloooooooooooose to the number of testing kits we need for this country... that's a real riot inducing possibilty, I feel like...

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
They're probably just lying. No way he or the secret service isn't testing him

I would think so too but then, why not just say he tested negative? I guess in Trumps idiot mind, getting tested is admission this is actually a problem. Even though we are way past him being able to downplay it. Fuck he's so awful. Literally everything he does is terrible.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
I don't know, you think Trump would let people stick a 10 inch swab up his nose unless he was unconscious already?

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I don't trust them to be able to keep him getting tested (or testing positive) under wraps. Odds are that shit would leak.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just got home from the hospital yesterday with a Staph infection of my blood. They put in a PICC line (a catheter in my right arm for antibiotics,) for the next six weeks, all of which makes me much more susceptible to disease and infection.
So, ya, I'm a little stressed right now.

Sorry to hear that. Stay safe out there, keep your distance from folks when possible.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The election is in 8 fucking months... I honestly don't know how we're going to make it that long with these shit heads.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way they're not testing him. We won't know about it though. Trump doesn't want to seem weak so he's not going to let them say it.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump testing positive would be devastating to the GOP & Economy so I believe they aren't testing him unless/until he is hospitalized. Even if he has mild symptoms they can just ride that out. Of course, dying because you didn't get any treatment would be worse but they're nothing if not short-sighted

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I love Biden giving presidential-like addresses. He should continue doing it everytime Trump addresses the country. We need actual leadership, this isn't about politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.