• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"I think there's a real opportunity as Democrats to continue to challenge and provoke real conversation within the party, and continue advancing progressive ideals and goals to the betterment of society."

"Ugh. In any other country we wouldn't be in the same party."

One of those responses would be from someone I'd consider politically savvy and seeking to bridge the factions. The other was AOC. I'm not saying she can't help, but I also don't have any faith in her actually doing so.
Then you give up too easily.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Friday night prime time, seems like suddenly a lot of Americans are worried about Tulsi being at the debate on twitter....or are they?

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
They don't. As the tweet says, they think it doesn't "thrive" in the heat, but it can weaken and still be potent and widespread, even in warmer months.

There is no attainable reform for the Court besides packing it. Literally. Anything else requires a constitutional amendment, which will not pass 2/3 of Congress or 3/4 of state legislatures.

As devSin said, you need a compliant Congress both to work around the Court's bad rulings and to expand the Court itself.

Jurisdiction stripping.

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
I agree with AOC that nobody--especially people affiliated with either campaign--should be saying they won't vote for the eventual nominee. This is particularly easy for people working for Biden as it is becoming clearer that Bernie isn't going to make the cut. Hell, just lie about it.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I agree with AOC that nobody--especially people affiliated with either campaign--should be saying they won't vote for the eventual nominee. This is particularly easy for people working for Biden as it is becoming clearer that Bernie isn't going to make the cut. Hell, just lie about it.
The delegates have never been shy about blasting their idiocy and ignorance, though.

It's like the one time every 4 years they have any power, and they just all go mad with it.

The way these people are selected, you sort of just have to roll with it. I'm sure whoever this person is, they've already received a polite but firm talking to (or will have one shortly).

IMO, the only time delegates should speak is when they're voting at the convention. You don't interview the jury before the trial is over.

Lol yeah just seen this crap .
She's a Russian asset. No shit she's getting boosted on social media.

Delete your Twitter and Facebook. Your life and the world will be better for it.

Oct 25, 2017
"I think there's a real opportunity as Democrats to continue to challenge and provoke real conversation within the party, and continue advancing progressive ideals and goals to the betterment of society."

"Ugh. In any other country we wouldn't be in the same party."

One of those responses would be from someone I'd consider politically savvy and seeking to bridge the factions. The other was AOC. I'm not saying she can't help, but I also don't have any faith in her actually doing so.
AOC was having a conversation with Ta-Nehisi Coates and it was barely anything. If that's the worst she can do to damage Biden, he'll be fine.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OsUcPqIl.jpg

Fucking my lord.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
My first post in this thread is to say how much I fucking hate trump, but I mostly hate how he's made me hate him so much, as I'd rather just not expend so much emotion towards someone I don't even know, much less hate, which is actually a rare emotion for me, so besides everything else, I resent him and his cronies for that.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure there is better evidence that twitter is/can be a bubble than "#LetTulsiDebate" trending, and it not being obvious that people are trolling

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I'm not sure there is better evidence that twitter is/can be a bubble than "#LetTulsiDebate" trending, and it not being obvious that people are trolling
I want her to debate because I'm just fascinated by who she'll attack. She defended Joe in prior debates. Would she attack Bernie? There's some overlap in their support though.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
He needs to start talking about judicial reform. He needs to start talking about criminal investigations into the entire Trump admin. He needs to stop running on Make America 2015 Again.

He needs to do a lot.
I'm not looking forward to the eventual pardon to "help the country move on". Except there won't even a pardon, he'll just ignore that he did anything.

I know Obama helped to reform some of Bush's fuckups without bringing attention to them because he believed that wouldn't anger them but joke's on him he got fucked in 2010 anyway. Should have just made all that shit public

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The delegates have never been shy about blasting their idiocy and ignorance, though.

It's like the one time every 4 years they have any power, and they just all go mad with it.

The way these people are selected, you sort of just have to roll with it. I'm sure whoever this person is, they've already received a polite but firm talking to (or will have one shortly).

IMO, the only time delegates should speak is when they're voting at the convention. You don't interview the jury before the trial is over.
But they weren't talking about delegates, they were talking about the campaign

Edit: I'm dumb

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not looking forward to the eventual pardon to "help the country move on". Except there won't even a pardon, he'll just ignore that he did anything.

I know Obama helped to reform some of Bush's fuckups without bringing attention to them because he believed that wouldn't anger them but joke's on him he got fucked in 2010 anyway. Should have just made all that shit public
During an interview with Radio Iowa later Sunday afternoon, Biden said if he is elected, he will not follow President Ford's example in pardoning Nixon so Nixon was not prosecuted for his role in Watergate.

"It wouldn't unite the country," Biden said. "You'd say: 'Wait a minute. I get a parking ticket and I've got to pay it. This happens to me and I've got to go to jail. This guy does all these things that put us jeopardy and he gets off? I think this is of a different nature. And I think President Ford, God love him, he's a good guy, I knew him pretty well. I think if he had to do it over again, he wouldn't have done it … because he didn't get re-elected."
www.msnbc.com

Biden: No pardon for Trump if he's indicted after 2020

If Trump loses next year, he could face legal jeopardy. Would his successor pull a Ford and pardon him? 2020 Dems are starting to weigh in on the question.
Biden will not pardon Trump. If he puts someone like Kamala Harris as AG, and this was her opinion after the Mueller report (not even Ukraine):
California Sen. Kamala Harris says that if she's elected president, her administration's Department of Justice would likely pursue criminal obstruction of justice charges against a former President Donald Trump.

"I believe that they would have no choice and that they should, yes," Harris told the NPR Politics Podcast, pointing to the 10 instances of possible obstruction that former special counsel Robert Mueller's report detailed without making a determination as to whether the episodes amounted to criminal conduct.
www.npr.org

Harris: Justice Dept. 'Would Have No Choice' But To Prosecute Trump After Presidency : The NPR Politics Podcast

In an ongoing series, the NPR Politics Podcast is hitting the road and interviewing 2020 Democratic presidential candidates. In this episode, Scott Detrow and Iowa Public Radio's Clay Masters sit down with Democratic Sen. Kamala Harris to ask about why she's the best pick for president. This...
I do not think we're gonna see a Trump pardon, and I don't think he gets ignored.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
I think Biden finds Trump (and the deplorables) offensive on a deep and personal level. I genuinely don't think he ignores Trump, and no fucking way is he pardoning someone who said neo-nazis are very nice people.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
www.msnbc.com

Biden: No pardon for Trump if he's indicted after 2020

If Trump loses next year, he could face legal jeopardy. Would his successor pull a Ford and pardon him? 2020 Dems are starting to weigh in on the question.
Biden will not pardon Trump. If he puts someone like Kamala Harris as AG, and this was her opinion after the Mueller report (not even Ukraine):

www.npr.org

Harris: Justice Dept. 'Would Have No Choice' But To Prosecute Trump After Presidency : The NPR Politics Podcast

In an ongoing series, the NPR Politics Podcast is hitting the road and interviewing 2020 Democratic presidential candidates. In this episode, Scott Detrow and Iowa Public Radio's Clay Masters sit down with Democratic Sen. Kamala Harris to ask about why she's the best pick for president. This...
I do not think we're gonna see a Trump pardon, and I don't think he gets ignored.
Sure but I don't think he goes to jail either.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain

90% chance imo he pardons himself on the way out and SCOTUS rules it constitutional, so doesn't matter either way. A chance still exists he will be pursued on the state level, but not holding my breath.

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
I finally realized Biden is just compensating for his stutter when he does this. It's classic compensation to use a different word or phrase when your brain won't let you get your chosen word out. He's just smooth about it.
This post made me realize this is literally what porky pig does. 🤔
(But not smoothly obviously)

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
So like, when do the legal ramifications start rolling in for Gym Jordan?

And on that note, Dump will definitely be in prison once his term is up.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
The World
Looking forward to Dems absolute inability to make Trump's handling of Coronavirus a thing. Similar to how he himself, his kids earning millions taking advantage of the Presidency isn't been made into anything.

House basically seems to have gone - we impeached him, what more can we do. Instead of aggressively pursuing oversight.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Looking forward to Dems absolute inability to make Trump's handling of Coronavirus a thing. Similar to how he himself, his kids earning millions taking advantage of the Presidency isn't been made into anything.

House basically seems to have gone - we impeached him, what more can we do. Instead of aggressively pursuing oversight.

Republicans are so much better at shittalking. Lincoln Project, Rick Wilson, im going to keep pumping their names, cause they do the best ads. they dont hold back unlike democrats. hope bloomberg drops money on them. Democrats are spending their time shittalking each other....dont think that theory democrats want the primary to end and focus back on trump isnt incorrect.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else kind of surprised at how many businesses can function with their employee's working from home? Don't get me wrong, i'm glad they've made the decision to do that, it's just going to be awkward whenever they tell their employee's to go back to work, or when they turn someone down because they can't afford to move to a new area for a job that they could do from home.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
I'm absolutely dumbfounded that Sanders' actual primary plan was to assume Booker and Harris would stay in indefinitely to split the black vote in SC, then zombie along the whole way. Also that he left no room for error on if anyone caught fire in IA/NH (and, look, it happened!). But no, that's not the part that leaves me truly blank. That's that he broadcast it a year ago--And I'm pretty sure that article floated around here at the time--Then seemingly MADE NO ADJUSTMENTS despite fundamentals of the race changing. Did he nor anyone he employs... not know that people drop out along the way? And, what do you know, both candidates he was hoping would help split up the black vote were both gone months before Iowa.
AOC will escape the Bernie ship unscathed.
She will. I was famously one of those idiots who feared for her future when she first backed Sanders (he had one foot in his grave at that time, both literally and figuratively) as showing poor judgment, but hot damn Sanders sure did turn things around. Whether that was luck or skill on her part we'll never know! But yeah she seems to have seen the arc of the campaign now, though her style of shooting straight from the hip obviously isn't as adaptable when it comes to handling national-level politics. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Shit's complicated! Plus she's still super new at this! She does still "get it" in a way wish more people would speak publicly, of course.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Anyone else kind of surprised at how many businesses can function with their employee's working from home? Don't get me wrong, i'm glad they've made the decision to do that, it's just going to be awkward whenever they tell their employee's to go back to work, or when they turn someone down because they can't afford to move to a new area for a job that they could do from home.
+CO2 emissions, cost of commute and time of commute. It's a racket tbh

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I'm absolutely dumbfounded that Sanders' actual primary plan was to assume Booker and Harris would stay in indefinitely to split the black vote in SC, then zombie along the whole way. Also that he left no room for error on if anyone caught fire in IA/NH (and, look, it happened!). But no, that's not the part that leaves me truly blank. That's that he broadcast it a year ago--And I'm pretty sure that article floated around here at the time--Then seemingly MADE NO ADJUSTMENTS despite fundamentals of the race changing. Did he nor anyone he employs... not know that people drop out along the way? And, what do you know, both candidates he was hoping would help split up the black vote were both gone months before Iowa.

Worst mismanagement of a primary campaign since Mark Penn assumed the '08 primaries were winner-take-all.

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
What makes you think Trump will go to a debate instead of just holding a rally.
and he'll make up some excuse about the debate commission or something so he doesn't look weak to his base...we'll all know the truth, but this wouldn't surprise me at all...

"i really wanted to debate sleepy Joe, but the commission blah blah lie lie etc"

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
But she's from a swing state that we need to flip. Granted, it's the most solid of those states and has been rated Lean D by just about everyone.
Yes, I added in a blurb after the fact, haha. Whitmer "helping" Biden flip Michigan probably isn't as utilitarian as getting someone from Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, or Florida, but ultimately I question how much he actually needs someone from one of those states to win them.

In fact, just looking at the past few presidential tickets, the only VP pick who seems designed to carry a swing state (that would have made the difference) was Lieberman, who wasn't even from the state. Kaine helped keep Virginia blue, I suppose, but ultimately Clinton didn't need him for that. Maybe Paul Ryan, but he didn't do shit for Romney in Wisconsin and seemed to be more about placating the far right than anything.

Otherwise you had Cheney, Palin and Pence on the Republican side, and Edwards and Biden on the Democrats' side. All but Edwards hailed from a state where the ticket would have easily won their home state without them, and Edwards' state was safely red in 04.

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
She will. I was famously one of those idiots who feared for her future when she first backed Sanders (he had one foot in his grave at that time, both literally and figuratively) as showing poor judgment, but hot damn Sanders sure did turn things around. Whether that was luck or skill on her part we'll never know! But yeah she seems to have seen the arc of the campaign now, though her style of shooting straight from the hip obviously isn't as adaptable when it comes to handling national-level politics. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Shit's complicated! Plus she's still super new at this! She does still "get it" in a way wish more people would speak publicly, of course.

She gets it more than a guy who's been in the senate for 30 years. I'm pleasantly surprised and excited with how she's handled herself during the primary and gives me hope she knows how to work with the system instead of abandoning it and crying

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
Trump loves attention, I don't see why he would miss the debates - the man makes his decisions on a really emotional level.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Republicans are so much better at shittalking. Lincoln Project, Rick Wilson, im going to keep pumping their names, cause they do the best ads. they dont hold back unlike democrats. hope bloomberg drops money on them. Democrats are spending their time shittalking each other....dont think that theory democrats want the primary to end and focus back on trump isnt incorrect.

Rick hinted that he was in talks with Bloomberg's campaign before they dropped out and Biden became mega viable again.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Biden ad airing in Florida, Ohio, Michigan, Missouri, Illinois, and elsewhere soon:

Can only assume that soon enough those Bloomberg digital ad folks are going straight to his SuperPAC camp. If they're not already there.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
Remember when some thought back in 2016 Trump would skip a debate vs Hillary? Until he skips a GE debate, it's probably best to think he will be there.

Come on, that was then. This is now.

Then he was trying to get elected for the first time, now he's a wannabe dictator who does nothing but call everyone but Fox fake news and the enemy of the people.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I'm seeing #DiaperDon trending on Twitter and it appears that Trump finally shat himself in public.
(Could just be a shadow, but I'm sticking with piss.)

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Bernie barely lost Missouri in 2016. In 2020 however...

It's appears to be increasingly clear that a lot of his appeal really was anti-Hillary.

Status
Not open for further replies.