• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I bet The Mercy doesn't make it out of port in less than 2 weeks. As I understand it it's neither staffed or stocked with supplies.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Will the media go back to sucking up to trump now? Very likely I say.

Honestly right now I am way more concerned about a potential trump re-election than I am about the virus. Doesn't mean that I dont think that the virus is dangerous and that the situation is dire. But if trump gets re-elected after all this then everything is absolutely fucked. There really would be no more hope after that.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
it's like when one of my kids throws a fit if I let the oldest spend the night at his best friends, and then the next one asks for another pony. BUT YOU LET HIM GO TO HIS FRIENDS WHY CAN'T I HAVE ANOTHER PONY!?

It's basically that.

Oh, he was complaining about the dems. It was so unintelligible, I thought he was complaining about the republicans.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
These remarks are the direct result of that Biden ad showing the difference between Trump's and Biden's words. Trump is scared.

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland

Honestly right now I am way more concerned about a potential trump re-election than I am about the virus. Doesn't mean that I dont think that the virus is dangerous and that the situation is dire. But if trump gets re-elected after all this then everything is absolutely fucked. There really would be no more hope after that.
-_-

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
To be fair his brother is named Jose Diaz Balart and Trump has done interviews and debates moderated by him since he's the main anchorman for Telemundo, Comcast's Spanish station, and a fill in anchorman/moderator for NBC & MSNBC when they need a fill in or a Floridian Hispanic on the debate stage. Could be the mixup primarily comes from Trump being more familiar with Jose cause he's a reporter/moderator for Comcast and Trumps obsession with how tv news portrays him.

to clarify: I do not have Coronavirus. The President has been in contact with my brother, Congressman @MarioDB who has coronavirus, not me. I am healthy

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody with multiple brain cells believes this is genuine but all we'll hear about tomorrow is how "inspirational" this speech is. A speech that Kushner probably wrote for him this morning and he's reading for probably the second time right now.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody with multiple brain cells believes this is genuine but all we'll hear about tomorrow is how "inspirational" this speech is. A speech that Kushner probably wrote for him this morning and he's reading for probably the second time right now.

Ya'l need to chill. As well as like, actually pay attention to what the media is saying rather than fantasies you concoct.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, have you seen the 2016 electoral college map? I have this little chart I'd like to show you...

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Jake Sherman @JakeSherman

It looks like the Senate will not clear this procedural hurdle. Big defeat here.​

6:20 PM - Mar 22, 2020

Steven Dennis @StevenTDennis

Manchin voted no. You don't get Manchin...​

6:27 PM - Mar 22, 2020

Craig Caplan @CraigCaplan

If cloture vote fails to get 60, McConnell will likely switch his vote from Yes to No and file a motion to reconsider the failed vote, allowing for a 2nd cloture vote to take place with the time TBA.​

6:28 PM - Mar 22, 2020

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017

Doubtful, death rates will be climbing from here on out for the foreseeable future and the PPE stock issue is gonna blow up in the coming week when doctors in the overrun hospitals begin getting sick cause of the lack of PPE stock. He's gonna get roasted for all the imaginary stock he's been proclaiming has been sent all this last week.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Pence is so full of shit.

He's saying we're better off than Europe because Trump closed off travel to China.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Ya'l need to chill. As well as like, actually pay attention to what the media is saying rather than fantasies you concoct.
I'm past getting mad at what they say. I'm convinced now that Dems will flush this bunch of bastards out in November. It's just annoying that the bar is so low for him that simply not being a massive asshole earns him praise.

Muu

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Doubtful, death rates will be climbing from here on out for the foreseeable future and the PPE stock issue is gonna blow up in the coming week when doctors in the overrun hospitals begin getting sick cause of the lack of PPE stock. He's gonna get roasted for all the imaginary stock he's been proclaiming has been sent all this last week.

Kinda like the way he's been getting owned for the 4 million tests, 1 million of which that were sent last and destined for delivery last Tuesday?

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Jake Sherman @JakeSherman

It looks like the Senate will not clear this procedural hurdle. Big defeat here.

6:20 PM - Mar 22, 2020

Steven Dennis @StevenTDennis

Manchin voted no. You don't get Manchin...

6:27 PM - Mar 22, 2020

Craig Caplan @CraigCaplan

If cloture vote fails to get 60, McConnell will likely switch his vote from Yes to No and file a motion to reconsider the failed vote, allowing for a 2nd cloture vote to take place with the time TBA.

6:28 PM - Mar 22, 2020

Good. Fuck that trashy bill

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Lisa Desjardins @LisaDNews

Sinema. No.

This is a full force Democratic rejection of the GOP offer.

Why? Democrats say it there is $500b in money to corporations that does not require that the keep/pay workers through this.

And they believe Mnuchin has a backdoor to give them money w/ little oversight.​

6:31 PM - Mar 22, 2020

Oct 25, 2017

Yep, I agree. This one speech will fool the majority of voters into seeing Trump as presidential. It's pretty clear that he's going to win.

I think especially once the market recovers in Q3, Trump will definitely get all the credit for it and people and the media will say that he pulled us through this crisis. It's not just Trump; the perception that he is a leader will probably win the House for Republicans.

Yep, you should be concerned, I think. Trump is obviously in a prime spot to win re-election.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
Yep, I agree. This one speech will fool the majority of voters into seeing Trump as presidential. It's pretty clear that he's going to win.

I think especially once the market recovers in Q3, Trump will definitely get all the credit for it and people and the media will say that he pulled us through this crisis. It's not just Trump; the perception that he is a leader will probably win the House for Republicans.

Yep, you should be concerned, I think. Trump is obviously in a prime spot to win re-election.

How do you see this? This whole thing is a fiasco of the highest order.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017

We're not even going to have an election. Voters in all 50 states will give unanimous consent after Trump leads us out of this crisis.

Oct 25, 2017

Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche

.@VP: The CDC tomorrow is going to issue new guidance which will make it possible for people who have exposed to the coronavirus to return to work more quickly by wearing a mask for a certain period of time.

6:33 PM - Mar 22, 2020

This is completely fucking irresponsible. They really only care about the economy and not people's lives. If this actually happens we'll never get a handle on this shit.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami

Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche

.@VP: The CDC tomorrow is going to issue new guidance which will make it possible for people who have exposed to the coronavirus to return to work more quickly by wearing a mask for a certain period of time.

6:33 PM - Mar 22, 2020

Will wearing a mask really be enough to stop transmission if you're infectious?
How do you see this? This whole thing is a fiasco of the highest order.
I thought from the first line that it was sarcasm but maybe I'm wrong, these are crazy times after all.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA

I understand that you are preparing yourself for the worst, so if it happens you are ready, and if it doesn't you will be pleasantly surprised. I understand that it's a relatively healthy coping mechanism.

But this is really stretching a lot of things.

Trump still has a chance, but right now, you would not want to be in his position poll wise / economy wise / etc.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Will wearing a mask really be enough to stop transmission if you're infectious?

I thought from the first line that it was sarcasm but maybe I'm wrong, these are crazy times after all.
It's all about numbers really. It will reduce the probability that you transmit, but it won't make it impossible. Judging from Japan, it brings the transmission rates below one, at least.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all, BLK is mocking the people who always panic about everything being GOOD FOR TRUMP WE'RE DOOMED.

I swear some of you have never been sarcastic in your lives.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.