• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
All these "Iran must be suicidal" comments are triggering the fuck out of me.
It's always coming from Americans. You can't even fathom the idea of another country not wanting to be America's bitch. What fucking country in this world would just do nothing after a high ranking official of theirs was killed by a different party?
Tell me that country. It certainly wouldn't be America, now would it. And always there is this proudness of your military swinging with all of it. It's sickening.

This bullying mentality of "yeah we killed him but you retaliating is dumb because we will 'flatten you' lul" is the worst. I know you folks value the life of one American Soldier more than 1000 Iraqi lives, but at some point it's time to stop and get some fucking perspective.
Most Americans are fucking bullies, and the worse part is how they believe they are just and the good guys, its fucking delusional.

There will be a point in time that they will mess with the wrong country and their fucking territory will be attacked, when that happens they will finally know how does it feel to be attacked by money thirsty powertrupping morons.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
The Allies thought the same of George W, but still followed him into an illegal war. Decades of military cooperation won't be held back because Trump is twitter troll.

My country sure as hell didn't follow, which was the shit origin story of the short-lived but absolutely hilarious term of Freedom Fries.

And Bush was nowhere near as universally despised, disliked and ridiculed as Trump is.

Last edited:

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
Some random thoughts...

Good thing college in the US is so ridiculously expensive that poor people have to join the military...

Oniletter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did Iran just decide that their pride is more important than their continued existence as a country? There is no way the US does not respond to this with a massive retaliation that could flatten the entire country.

I thought this was already bad and that Iran would escalate further, but I did not think that Iran was this fucking stupid.
Absolutely abhorrent and disgusting framing.

Cor

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what the Iraqi Government's response will be - they're obviously fucking pissed with the US but I can't imagine they're too pleased with countries using Iraq as a playground to launch missiles into.

To tell the US to get out extra fast. They know they'll be even more of a battleground otherwise

Israel and Turkey will give Trump permission to launch against Iran from their hosted bases, most likely. But he can probably do it from carriers and subs in the Gulf just as well.
Turkey has had good relations with Iran for decades, so itll prolly want to stay well out of this.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Not brushed up on my geopolitical alliances, how likely is it that Russia or China would join in a theoretical defense of Iran?

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
Seriously this is fucking unreal. I wish nothing but pain and misery upon Trump for starting this shit.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Those men and women help fight for our right to live in such freedom. Man, fuck you for thinking otherwise.

V0l2ZSW.gif

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
American evangelicals are a legitimate doomsday cult. They pine for the end of the world so they can go to their kingdom in the sky. It's why they love things like Israel - They know it brings us closer to bigger, maybe even nuclear, conflicts.

All the shit they attack Muslim extremists for, they are guilty of themselves. Just in the name of a different religion.

Isn't Popmeo a religious nut job?

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it'll be a war. I think it'll be a week of tit-for-tat "precision strikes" against close-border targets before it goes back to sabre rattling.

i think it'll be much more than war. trump wants to use nukes. he wants to use them bad. the iran-hating fascists part of our fascist government will present it as an option and he'll take it. maybe not tomorrow but as this escalates, it will happen.

Protein

Oct 27, 2017
What? Why would you admire US troops?
Not in the jingoistic sense, but in the sense that they get sent into these shitty conflicts that only benefit America's wealthy interests; all while the service members get fucked by their own government. The US service member 'love' is all a facade. America doesn't give a shit about its troops, politicians just use them whenever they want to hide behind some shitty piece of legislation/spending (or lack of), and the average dumbass in this country sees war like some fucked up football game.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
Likely to make sure they don't get hit while on the ground.
Yup, that is most likely why Iranian fighter jets would take off, because being parked in an airbase they're sitting ducks.

Of course Iranian sources wouldn't know how many (if any) US troops were killed, but it's war propaganda time on both sides...

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
That was a fucking stupid decision, but lets be real, the man was evil.

I doubt we see a boots on the ground Iraq-style invasion, that was an unmitigated disaster and that's from a much less powerful country. I fully expect just the US carpet bombing the fuck out of Iran.

The real losers in this are all the innocents who are going to be killed or have their lives completely uprooted. Fuck Trump so much for starting yet another fucking war in the Middle East.
about 50 people in Iran died today in Iran at that man's funeral. I'm sure Iran holds Trump responsible for creating this situation.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it'll be a war. I think it'll be a week of tit-for-tat "precision strikes" against close-border targets before it goes back to sabre rattling.
i wouldn't put it past Trump to just nuke Iran.
and remember much of the National defense/security leadership is nonexistent.

Jul 18, 2018
All these "Iran must be suicidal" comments are triggering the fuck out of me.
It's always coming from Americans. You can't even fathom the idea of another country not wanting to be America's bitch. What fucking country in this world would just do nothing after a high ranking official of theirs was killed by a different party?
Tell me that country. It certainly wouldn't be America, now would it. And always there is this proudness of your military swinging with all of it. It's sickening.

This bullying mentality of "yeah we killed him but you retaliating is dumb because we will 'flatten you' lul" is the worst. I know you folks value the life of one American Soldier more than 1000 Iraqi lives, but at some point it's time to stop and get some fucking perspective.
Lack of self awareness and the might of American Military. Guess Trump's propaganda has indirectly effected these people. Don't even care about the innocent civilians that are in the middle of this.

On top of it, it's like People haven't even opened up a map and looked at Iran's geographical location and their neighboring states.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We're talking about trying to trigger a response from the world's biggest bully, Donald Trump. Of course he's going to escalate this every single time. It's not 'we'll flatten you', because I know a lot of US Presidents wouldn't keep escalating. But I'm pretty sure Trump would.
It doesn't matter who sits in office. No country would another country let any of this do without retaliation. It's not about trying to trigger a response, for Iran it's about saving face towards their own people and neighbouring countries, and not let morale in their own military plummet into oblivion because they just watched when one of their highest ranking officials got killed.

That's what I mean with perspective.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not brushed up on my geopolitical alliances, how likely is it that Russia or China would join in a theoretical defense of Iran?
Likely, at least passively, the Saudi/Iran situation basically has the Russia/China and their vassal states on Iran's side in a proxy conflict.

Actively, zero chance.