• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Holy shit how come no one told the Amano manga is back!?

unknown.png

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
let the madness continue

Oh Nomura, you clever little sneak. For what it's worth Luxord also has a nobody earring too.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
i'm gonna go ahead and assume, though, that all of this attention drawn to luxord is partly about keeping us from asking questions about demyx

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Come to think of it, in the original timeline wouldn't Nobodies of all of Sora's friends have been created? Or is that kind of solid, true death, different from a simple loss of the heart?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yozora did say that he looked different, and the Nameless Star mentioned someone replacing his heart. If his heart was cast out of his body completely, or the person possessing him fell to darkness, then him winding up as a nobody isn't a stretch.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
let the madness continue

Oh Nomura, you clever little sneak. For what it's worth Luxord also has a nobody earring too.

So I looked at the comments, thought about it, and two competing theories are popular after this, watch out, it's super rambly.

He's Riku's Nobody from another world/alternate universe, which I find kinda impossible unless you take some real liberties in describing what happened to Riku during KH1, perhaps KH: CoM.

He looks similar, but he and another (the Nameless Stell- I mean Star) already pointed out he's not like that originally, meaning his form was somewhat dictated by the circumstances of he and Sora meeting the way they did.

Or...

He's Noctis's Nobody, which is only something that would be the case in a meta way, and is more likely to be true in a different sense in-universe.

Considering how this whole shebang is very very connected to how Versus XIII moved on after the troubles it had, in a meta sense a bunch of words said in-game sell this, like how apparently his heart was replaced by another's, and if he got it back he would remember somebody important and go to rescue them.

In an in-universe way, I can't see this too clearly right now, I just don't think we have enough to go on to make any real claims without serious dubious reasoning, like Shibuya taking "something" from him to give him his chance at life, potentially being his heart or memory of that special somebody.

(who, real talk, I'm starting to believe is named Sora or something, maybe I read the scenes wrong, but it doesn't at all feel like he's talking about somebody he doesn't already know, and he definitly doesn't seem to be talking about OUR Sora, so maybe the Nameless Star's original name was Sora in his world. I mean, it makes sense, considering his name is Yozora, night sky, and Sora, far as I know, is a Unisex name. Not like Versus XIII was light on the naming symbolism.)

So, maybe he lost his heart, and through his trials he developed his memory of why he was fighting? Maybe he got it back and lost the person he cared for? TWEWY definitely pulled stuff like that on the protagonist during it's playtime, so it's not a stretch to assume that was the case. Only problem, this is all assumptions. No real evidence talking about his "trials" in Shibuya would lead to understanding his whole deal.

Of course this could all be nonsensical speculation and have nothing to do with anything, but honestly there is way too much to unpack with this guy and literally everything that happens at the end of that DLC, so it's as good a theory to talk about considering he isn't the only character in Kingdom Hearts that has a Nobody earring.

wemk0r47t2n11.png

"Amazing, isn't it?"

All in all, I think it's super fascinating, and a real interesting point of discussion.

Last edited:

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
This secret boss fights is nuts. I've had one or two attempts where I got rid of 5 of his HP bars before dying, but that's about it so far. None of the Limit Cut bosses walled me like this.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Okay, so since this is a spoiler thread about Re:Mind and it's privy to spoilers on KHUx, since we talked about the pod, I wanna bring up something big, REALLY big, that the January update brought to the forefront.

This is a video by somebody who has been cataloguing "The Full Story Of KHUx Explained," and in the newest part he's been piecing together information regarding both Re:Mind and the Jan Update that brings an immensely important plot point into the fold.

A small part of this is speculation, but everything else is firmly confirmed in the text, and is quite revealing about a threat that has been brewing for a long time in the canon thus far, and is super duper interesting.

Be Warned: Spoilers for both Union X and Re:Mind, not that you should be surprised considering where it is.

It blew my goddamn mind when he started bringing up the Anti-Black Coat. I was always thinking about that, going, "What in the world was that fight? It couldn't possibly just be some random thing protecting Sora from Riku, there has to be a purpose to it."

And you know what? Maybe it isn't Capital D-Arkness, who knows. Maybe they were particularly strong manifestations of darkness formed as Nightmares since they were in the realm of sleep. It's possible, sure.

But this? This ties it all toegether. When people say Kingdom Hearts retcons it's shit to hell and back, my eyes roll into the back of my skull. Stuff like this? This is respect. This is the lore of the series coming into all the right places.

This is the kind of "stupid shit" people heap praise upon praise onto Dark Souls for, taking the past and the written, and giving it meaning in the future. This is one of the reasons I love this series so much.

They are so concerned with tying up loose ends and making the most out of any opportunities they created in the past that they gave a reason for Mickey to lose his shirt in order to preserve continuity. Some call that stupid, I call that giving a shit.

Regardless, very interesting development, especially since Vanitas was way too big a deal considering the expanse of his power for him to become just another bit part in the finale. Who cares if Luxord (still love him) drove a car in an alternate universe, we might have our next series bad guy right now!

Let's look forward to more info as Union X comes to a close.

Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Okay, so since this is a spoiler thread about Re:Mind and it's privy to spoilers on KHUx, since we talked about the pod, I wanna bring up something big, REALLY big, that the January update brought to the forefront.

This is a video by somebody who has been cataloguing "The Full Story Of KHUx Explained," and in the newest part he's been piecing together information regarding both Re:Mind and the Jan Update that brings an immensely important plot point into the fold.

A small part of this is speculation, but everything else is firmly confirmed in the text, and is quite revealing about a threat that has been brewing for a long time in the canon thus far, and is super duper interesting.

Be Warned: Spoilers for both Union X and Re:Mind, not that you should be surprised considering where it is.

It blew my goddamn mind when he started bringing up the Anti-Black Coat. I was always thinking about that, going, "What in the world was that fight? It couldn't possibly just be some random thing protecting Sora from Riku, there has to be a purpose to it."

And you know what? Maybe it isn't Capital D-Arkness, who knows. Maybe they were particularly strong manifestations of darkness formed as Nightmares since they were in the realm of sleep. It's possible, sure.

But this? This ties it all toegether. When people say Kingdom Hearts retcons it's shit to hell and back, my eyes roll into the back of my skull. Stuff like this? This is respect. This is the lore of the series coming into all the right places.

This is the kind of "stupid shit" people heap praise upon praise onto Dark Souls for, taking the past and the written, and giving it meaning in the future. This is one of the reasons I love this series so much.

They are so concerned with tying up loose ends and making the most out of any opportunities they created in the past that they gave a reason for Mickey to lose his shirt in order to preserve continuity. Some call that stupid, I call that giving a shit.

Regardless, very interesting development, especially since Vanitas was way too big a deal considering the expanse of his power for him to become just another bit part in the finale. Who cares if Luxord (still love him) drove a car in an alternate universe, we might have our next series bad guy right now!

I still think Darkness is somehow related to Luxu, or is the true Master of Masters. In any case Vanitas is 100% going to be the next big bad until we get to the MoM,the source of all Darkness was unknowingly by Xehanort given a proper vessel and can noe freely travel in the Realm of Light and other Worldlines and when he gets his memories back all hell is going to break loose.
let the madness continue

Nobodies and the Human Nobodies are likely something super fucking ancient that Xehanort stumbled upon and just gave his own naming scheme to them thanks to his ego. I bet you anything the nomenclature of being an Anagram+X is something of his own device and Yozora being a nobody is something of a new nomenclature we have yet been privy to. Like Darkness and the pure heartless, Unversed or Dream Eaters I am almost certain Luxu gave him bits and pieces that he utilized as tools but never fully comprehended. Now that he is out of the way and everything is left to their own devices, we will likely see the truth behind everything. Its fucking wild to even consider that what we saw was only a small incomplete and fractured layer, but fuck it I'm in for this wild ride to the end.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Oh wow, I forgot about Anti-Black Coat! I remember thinking it could have been tied to the "Dark Hide" heartless from BBS Secret Episode, which... it still might. The colour scheme and the glowing eyes are links, it being a nightmare is different from a heartless though, may have links to a "pure darkness" being though. Hope that's something that gets cleared up. Otherwise I guess it's just Sora's having nightmares about Org members and that's the manifestation of it. But yeah find it exciting they're showing a room from the first KH which not much thought was put towards and hasn't really been referenced since.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Wait I didn't see the ending of that vid, shit that makes total sense.
Carrying Ven's heart this whole time is why his Station of Awakening got corrupted by a Darkside in KH1 and why Destiny Islands fell to darkness so easily, Ansem Seeker of Darkness had a literal homing beacon in Sora's Heart to latch on to their world besides the Xehanort connection. Its likely also why the Kingdom Key didn't go to Riku besides the preexisting explanation. Meanwhile if Ven's Heart does still have darkness as we see through the Anti Black Cloak Nightmare then that means Vanitas is actually incomplete and sometime in the future its likely he will be able to get the rest of his Darkness from Ven's heart.

Wait a fucking minute. Wait wait wait. FUCK. I just realized, what if Commander is the complete form of Darkness and the reason he looks like Riku is because Darkness now resides within HIS heart, and once Vanitas and the Riku Darkness vessel combine they become Commander?Yozora meanwhile looks like commander because he was ALSO a vessel for Darkness, but in the Dream World as a heart without a body and that is why his appearance changed?

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda random but Yozora has a different color for each eye, Isn't one of Yozara's eyes the same color as the eye in MoM's Keyblade and doesn't MoM has only one eye because he used the other one on his Keyblade?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Kinda random but Yozora has a different color for each eye, Isn't one of Yozara's eyes the same color as the eye in MoM's Keyblade and doesn't MoM has only one eye because he used the other one on his Keyblade?
Commander is definitely related to the MoM, and I still think he could likely be the MoM or Luxu from the Age of fairytales, with Yozora being his final vessel before Braig. The whole seeing eye and book of prophecies ordeal solidifies this theory for m considering Driver-San Luxord tells him its beautiful, aka he fortells and see the entirety of the Kh Dark Seeker Saga in the car while sleeping, with his final dream being Yozora his final vessels heart discarded in the Final World fighting Sora in the station of awakening. The red eye is why he fan see without the Keyblade or something.

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
Going to post this again.

The ability to travel in time originates from Goddess Etro who resides in Valhalla. The legends state that she places a piece of chaos, energy that seeks to return everything to entropy, into every human, giving them a "heart". Certain people possess more "heart" as a gift from the goddess than others, giving them greater affinity to chaos, and can enter the Historia Crux and travel in time. As Seeress Yeul explains to Serah in the Void Beyond: "The power to step outside the timeline. The power to witness the future. These gifts come from Etro. Her servants are known by her blessings."
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Time_travel']https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Time_travel

Chaos (カオス? or 混沌, Kaosu?) is a matter in the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythos which comes from Valhalla. Chaos is the blessing Etro granted mankind in the form of hearts, but is also dangerous because if unbound, it would turn the physical world into a timeless realm. According to legends, those who can harness their inner chaos can time travel, control monsters, and have visions of the future.

If Nomura is using Noctis then it might also mean the lore of Fabula Nova Crystallis could be involved in some ways. Hearts and Chaos/Darkness is very much a recurring theme in both FNC mythology and KH.

Xehanort literally has the power to manipulate time as well as control monsters, both abilities that those who master Chaos/Darkness can do.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Going to post this again.

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Time_travel']https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Time_travel

If Nomura is using Noctis then it might also mean the lore of Fabula Nova Crystallis could be involved in some ways. Hearts and Chaos/Darkness is very much a recurring theme in both FNC mythology and KH.

Xehanort literally has the power to manipulate time as well as control monsters, both abilities that those who master Chaos/Darkness can do.
Just bring in Lightning and Noel as the FF characters Commander/Yozora meet, and have them save Sora with the final cutscene of the game being Sora, Lightning, and Yozora on screen together. I am pretty sure the universe would implode.

Feb 5, 2018
KHUX really needs a console remake when its done. It has way too many lore implications. Not only that, they have to cover like 80% of what KHX Back Cover didnt cover BEFORE it becomes KHUX.

That movie was simply a means of introducing the MoM and his apprentices before KH3 released.

Always in the book that:

- 1.5 should have had an actual 358 remake, not a 3 hour movie
- 2.5 should have had an actual ReCoded remake, not a 3 hour movie
- 2.8 should have had a full KHX remake, not an hour movie.

While all 3 are bang for your buck deals, its jarring as hell to have skipped a ton of 358's actual story and ReCoded's fun gameplay (it, at the time, was the best gameplay behind KH2). KHX Back Cover really should have been a full game as the original browser title was done by this point.

Itd be weird but id gladly take DLC of the first 2 this late into the game to be playable.

Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
KHUX really needs a console remake when its done. It has way too many lore implications. Not only that, they have to cover like 80% of what KHX Back Cover didnt cover BEFORE it becomes KHUX.

That movie was simply a means of introducing the MoM and his apprentices before KH3 released.

Always in the book that:

- 1.5 should have had an actual 358 remake, not a 3 hour movie
- 2.5 should have had an actual ReCoded remake, not a 3 hour movie
- 2.8 should have had a full KHX remake, not an hour movie.

While all 3 are bang for your buck deals, its jarring as hell to have skipped a ton of 358's actual story and ReCoded's fun gameplay (it, at the time, was the best gameplay behind KH2). KHX Back Cover really should have been a full game as the original browser title was done by this point.

Itd be weird but id gladly take DLC of the first 2 this late into the game to be playable.
The issues with 358 and Coded is that the worlds are rehashed smaller versions of KH1, so besides the story it would be redundant as shit. Coded has the gameplay but that is still not enough.

And the lore is actually interesting if it's not padded out but more condensed. Hopefully it will happen.
Besides the lore a remake of the X saga would be amazing. Imagine an open world since the world isn't fragmented yet with Daybreak Town in the middle and all the worlds fully realized. Also something funny I realized, the game could be titled Kingdom Heart ReX, with Yozora as the real protag.

Feb 5, 2018
The issues with 358 and Coded is that the worlds are rehashed smaller versions of KH1, so besides the story it would be redundant as shit. Coded has the gameplay but that is still not enough.

Besides the lore a remake of the X saga would be amazing. Imagine an open world since the world isn't fragmented yet with Daybreak Town in the middle and all the worlds fully realized. Also something funny I realized, the game could be titled Kingdom Heart ReX, with Yozora as the real protag.

358 had new areas in each World though. Neverland was entirely new. That was not a shoddy game in the slightest. Say what you want about ReCoded but even thar had some fun gameplay in the pre-existing levels.

Feb 5, 2018

I really dont think Yozora comes at all from that Worldline. I think Nomura is trying to show there are other universes

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
358 had new areas in each World though. Neverland was entirely new. That was not a shoddy game in the slightest. Say what you want about ReCoded but even thar had some fun gameplay in the pre-existing levels.
Recoded easily has the best Keyblade mechanics and even KH3 with its upgradeable keyblades holds no candle to the gameplay styles of Coded found with each keyblade. I definitely think that game can be remade for the gameplay but I still dunno about days.
I really dont think Yozora comes at all from that Worldline. I think Nomura is trying to show there are other universes
I explained above why I think Yozora is from the Age of Fairytales or there about. The Final World Yozora is a heart that was influenced or corrupted by Luxu, and Commander in the Car is Luxu before Luxu or otherwise who is seeing the entirety of the Kingdom Hearts series including Ux through the Luxu vessels who hold no name. It's beautiful isn't it Driver San Luxord asks, because they are still in the past and are discovering the power of foretelling.

Feb 5, 2018
Recoded easily has the best Keyblade mechanics and even KH3 with its upgradeable keyblades holds no candle to the gameplay styles of Coded found with each keyblade. I definitely think that game can be remade for the gameplay but I still dunno about days.

I explained above why I think Yozora is from the Age of Fairytales or there about. The Final World Yozora is a heart that was influenced or corrupted by Luxu, and Commander in the Car is Luxu before Luxu or otherwise who is seeing the entirety of the Kingdom Hearts series including Ux through the Luxu vessels who hold no name. It's beautiful isn't it Driver San Luxord asks, because they are still in the past and are discovering the power of foretelling.
Yea ReCoded could have translated super well that it would have blown the game right after it right out of the water.

358 honestly just needed a slight revamp. The systems in place were cool, but the whole limit break at low heath was bad. The thing about the 358 movie is the complete lack of the Saix sub-plot and the actual, impactful fight of Xion as a perfect replica.

And about Yozora, we'll see. I dont see how his world is from the Age of fairytales. I feel like its something else entirely

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I should said or just have the Scythe and throwing knives respectively due to losing the ability to wield a keyblade if that's a thing. I always figured like Lea they would have a keyblade transformation to allow them to use there nobody weapons.
I'm betting they'll have both. Marluxia starts to remember his past while being recompleted, so he'll likely remember how to use the keyblade. Even if Elrena ends up not remembering how to wield hers, I'm sure Lauriam will teach her.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
i'm gonna go ahead and assume, though, that all of this attention drawn to luxord is partly about keeping us from asking questions about demyx

I agree, he's the only Organization XIII character that we've let to learn about regarding origins.

I just want to know what's the deal with Ven to be honest.

He's a keyblade wielder from the Age of Fairy Tales. He also seems to be affiliated with a figure called "Darkness".

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
The reason 358/2 and Re:Coded weren't ported should be obvious, they were impossible to actually port considering they were on DS. 3DS game Dream Drop Distance was at least running on a similar if not the same engine as something like Birth By Sleep, but they specifically made the first two for the DS architecture.

Compared to the other games it was considered too much effort to try to port them considering some major features that wouldn't be portable, like 358/2's Mission Mode and multiple playable characters and weapons, and Re:Coded's multiple gameplay styles introduced through boss fights, and streetpass Avater mode.

I suppose they had to cut somewhere to fill out those compilations, and it's a small price to pay, but I sincerely wish it was easier for people to just get these two games to enjoy still, since both of them are fun in their own ways, Re:Coded especially being more fun then Dream Drop Distance in my opinion.

Speaking of which, is it fair game to ask people what they thought of these games, gameplay wise?

I know trudging through work is what helps get the narrative of 358/2 Days going, but I honestly loved the gameplay systems in that.

Only thing that's buttered my biscuit was the minibosses that NEEDED a specific element to defeat them, those guys sucked. Critical builds and weapons with quick powerful aerial finishers 4 life!

Speaking of which, the gameplay stuff with the really neat puzzle interface for upgrading your character was bizarre and amazing to me, and I constantly looked forward to finding more spots and chaining blocks to multiply my levels and gain new powers!

Also, playing as the Org was way more fun then it had any right being, and I wanna play it again right now! My only regret is never being able to play this multiplayer, hopefully that can change someday!

Re:Coded was just such a relaxing and interesting redux on the original Kingdom Hearts. While it wasn't always great (wonderland was a huge pain), most of the time the new gameplay systems and world glitch change-ups kept the gameplay fun and interesting, Olympus and Hollow Bastion both being amazing examples of switching things up.

The background gameplay stuff, how you could change your health and difficulty to change the drops from enemies and make them more frequent, and other knobs and switches to make the game more difficult, was super interesting and belied a level of customization that should frankly be in the games from now and forward.

Plus, it was also great fun just how flexible the game's scenarios were, where you can, at any time, go back to previous worlds to look for more to do, perform favours for characters to gain powerful stuff, and even repeat worlds and boss fights for more rewards! It was a very replayable experience that I would also love to go back to!

At the end of the day, just watching the narrative of these two games isn't enough. I wholeheartedly reccomend finding these two gems and giving them a playthough yourselves if you haven't, you'll have a great time!

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just bring in Lightning and Noel as the FF characters Commander/Yozora meet, and have them save Sora with the final cutscene of the game being Sora, Lightning, and Yozora on screen together. I am pretty sure the universe would implode.

I need this.

The KH series will have to let Light in sooner or later now that we have Noctis Yozora. I refuse to accept otherwise.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
considering all the more popular FF characters that could be introduced in KH, we will probably get Lightning in 20never.

IF they introduce new FF characters that is.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
damo279 on youtube (guy who made that video above) is a really amazing go to guy for summations of the newest Union Cross stuff. Really glad he's covering Dark Road too.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
After watching the scene before the secret boss, there's no way Yozora's line about "going through Trials in Shibuya and then being told to save Sora" isn't hinting at a game starring him. I mean there's your premise right there, or am I misinterpriting?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
After watching the scene before the secret boss, there's no way Yozora's line about "going through Trials in Shibuya and then being told to save Sora" isn't hinting at a game starring him. I mean there's your premise right there, or am I misinterpriting?
I think a lot of people are expecting a TWEWY tie in there. Not saying that game can't happen, but the 104 building, Sora presumably being in a sort of limbo state, Yozora doing trials (this one is blatantly TWEWY), it's all very TWEWY.