• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 18, 2018
Superstars? Why on earth would that even matter?

What about black citizens?

Beaten unconscious as they made monkey noises. Refused treatment at a hospital. Only offered support from the British government of which he was a citizen and the Bulgarian government where it happened after the story goes viral.

Please. Fuck that guy. If you're black and in these super white majority areas then you should protect yourself by any means necessary if someone tries you because nobody gives a fuck about you.

The laws ain't made for us, homie. We gotta walk on eggshells everywhere.

Jan 10, 2018
Bulgaria, Sweden... MURICA is truly everywhere if you only care about MURICA.Threads like this are a good reminder why Trump will be reelected and will happen again.

GreatFenris

Banned
Apr 6, 2019
It's clearly a shit application of the law. Can we confirm if that street punk is being detained like Rocky has been? There's copious amounts of recorded evidence that the person harassed and assaulted Rocky and crew. What they did amounts to self defense, not their fault the punk's coward ass friend turned tail and ran making it 2 on 1.
A shit application of a law you REFUSE to accept? What's the old adage, better to remain silent and all that? As I and so very many more have repeatedly pointed out...In Sweden, and hell most of Europe this is not self-defense. Sur,e Jackass should also be put up for charges as soon as they apprehend him because at the very least he is guilty of disturbing the peace and mild assault.
But, here's the thing...Self-defense is not having a group of people kick and punch one guy no matter what he just did. If they wanted to deal with him they could have just held him down. A workmates son was once accosted by a guy who'd robbed him at an earlier point and who was put away due to the sons testimony. The son happened to have ten people from his hockey team along when the guy decided to act tough and threaten him. But at no point did they decide to gang up and beat him down. Because that is not how the laws work.
And it works, it works really well because self-defense basically never amounts to another corpse on the ground. But, rejoice in knowing that you're on the side of Nazis, and Chinas dictatorship in what they think of Swedish laws.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
It's clearly a shit application of the law. Can we confirm if that street punk is being detained like Rocky has been? There's copious amounts of recorded evidence that the person harassed and assaulted Rocky and crew. What they did amounts to self defense, not their fault the punk's coward ass friend turned tail and ran making it 2 on 1.

I think he is on the run.

But all of this could have been avoided from ASAP:s side if the just called the police.

Masseyme

Banned
May 23, 2019
that is a horrible story. but I don't see how it has any relevance in this case? bulgaria is miles apart culturally from scandinavia.

this may surprise you (my understanding is that many americans are not great at geography) but europe is, in fact, not one single country. this is like someone posting a story from alabama while trying to make a point about NYC

that said, racist violence does happen in sweden as well, and it fucking sucks. but unlike the bulgarian story you linked here, the authorities take it seriously, and would absolutely have charged 3 white men ganging up on one black man lying defenseless on the ground, even if the black man had instigated

I'm literally posting from a train station in Venice right now and have lived here for years off and on so please excuse me when I say fuck off with the patronization.

The point is and I will repeat is that you hear about this kind of shit all over Europe, which last time I checked is the continent all of these countries sit on.

You have alot of small countries but the lack of diversity is pretty similar across the board in Europe.

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I'm literally posting from a train station in Venice right now and have lived here for years off and on so please excuse me when I say fuck off with the patronization.

The point is and I will repeat is that you hear about this kind of shit all over Europe, which last time I checked is the continent all of these countries sit on.

You have alot of small countries but the lack of diversity is pretty similar across the board in Europe.
please find a story where something similar happened in sweden and authorities didn't give a crap or quit your bullshit

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Horrible shit can happen anywhere to anyone, i think the difference is some governments and societies don't agree with worst elements within them. You have to be a brave soul as a minority of any description to visit some parts of europe, Sweden nah. (for now at least)

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Who cares about Sweden? How many times do I have say Europe for you to understand who I'm talking about? You all just happen to be the latest example. This isn't new.
bruh this is a story about sweden.
Exactly. Can't have peace and mind your business. And when the bullshit comes you better make sure you're perfect else you get thrown in some shitty local penal system while the person who got you locked up is free.
the instigator has been charged as i already posted in this thread.

also, rocky got himself locked up. don't infantilize him by taking away his agency

Deleted member 9237

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

The US is diverse as hell and still has racism, so what's your point (also there are diverse areas in Europe too, London being the most obvious)? Posting news stories from Bulgaria and Hungary in this thread shows that you have some gaps in your knowledge, and I doubt anyone would dispute that some of those eastern European countries are severely racist.

Nivash

Oct 25, 2017
Who cares about Sweden? How many times do I have say Europe for you to understand who I'm talking about? You all just happen to be the latest example. This isn't new.

It kinda matters since this all happened in Sweden? Sweden and Italy have less in common culturally than Sweden and New Zeeland do. Being on the same continent doesn't change that. Also, Sweden isn't exactly lacking diversity these days. 20 % of the population are immigrants. By proportion there are probably as many PoC in Sweden as there are black people in the US.

"Europe" is a continent, not a culture or a people.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Exactly. Can't have peace and mind your business. And when the bullshit comes you better make sure you're perfect else you get thrown in some shitty local penal system while the person who got you locked up is free.

Is this your take what happened in Sweden to Rocky?

Since you seem to have very little understanding what went down, and what is happening in Sweden, since the person "got you locked up" is the group of people getting the most hate and racism in Sweden bar none.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Was ASAP rocky the one that said he didn't feel he needed to rep black lives matter because that shit wasn't stuff he had to deal with? Said that his life is about Hollywood, making money, and dating models.... if so, yea life comes at you fast.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Was ASAP rocky the one that said he didn't feel he needed to rep black lives matter because that shit wasn't stuff he had to deal with? Said that his life is about Hollywood, making money, and dating models.... if so, yea life comes at you fast.

This has nothing to do with racism though if that is your point.

Masseyme

Banned
May 23, 2019
bruh this is a story about sweden.

the instigator has been charged as i already posted in this thread.

also, rocky got himself locked up. don't infantilize him by taking away his agency
And Sweden is in Europe, where there is known problems with violence against minorties.

And yes, I suppose it was a mistake for Rocky or any black person to visit that country so I suppose he did get himself locked up. I guess its good that most rappers are swearing to never go there now.

The US is diverse as hell and still has racism, so what's your point (also there are diverse areas in Europe too, London being the most obvious)? Posting news stories from Bulgaria and Hungary in this thread shows that you have some gaps in your knowledge, and I doubt anyone would dispute that some of those eastern European countries are severely racist.

The US is racist but there is a huge mental balance knowing that the person you are fucking with is likely packing and will blow your head off.

Since the new game you guys want to play is pretending only EE is racist, lets explore.

And I can go on. All different countries, as you all desperately try to point out yet all the stories sound the same. Denying a problem exists is the safest way to make sure that it never gets fixed.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
And Sweden is in Europe, where there is known problems with violence against minorties.

And yes, I suppose it was a mistake for Rocky or any black person to visit that counte9 so I suppose he did get himself locked up.

The US is racist but there is a huge mental balance knowing that the person you are fucking with is likely packing and will blow your head off.

Since the new game you guys want to play is pretending only EE is racist, lets explore.

And I can go on. All different countries, as you all desperately try to point out yet all the stories sound the same. Denying a problem exists is the safest way to make sure that it never gets fixed.

No one has denied anything regarding what you posted, we are however denying that this is based on racism, not sure why that is so hard to get.

Nivash

Oct 25, 2017

And yes, I suppose it was a mistake for Rocky or any black person to visit that counte9 so I suppose he did get himself locked up.

All that and you still haven't found one actually occurring in Sweden? You're still missing the point: you can't generalise like that between European countries because they're very culturally distinct.

Look, it's not even like there's no racism in Sweden. There absolutely is. It just isn't expressed the same way as they way you seem to be used to which causes weird outcomes, like openly Neo-Nazi parties publicly siding with Rocky. No matter how you twist and turn this, there's just no indication that Rocky's arrest was caused by racism. He's being treated exactly the same as anyone else would in this scenario. If anything, the high profile nature of the case appears to be causing it to be processed somewhat more quickly than usual which is preferential if anything.

Swedish justice is very by-the-book compared to a lot of places with little room for subjective rulings by judges or juries coupled with strict restrictions on concepts like self-defence. That's basically the beginning and end of this entire case.

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I'm not sure what you're saying here. Are you saying that, on balance, the widespread gun ownership in the US has been a positive for minorities because it would make racists less likely to fuck with you? I hope not because that would be fucking stupid, but if you are, basically all available data disagrees with that
No one said there is no racism in Sweden. This discussion started with you claiming nothing would have happened if one black instigator had been ganged up on while defenseless and on the ground:
I guess. There's quite a few stories of black people taking beatings in Europe. I wonder if the energy kept the same then.
To back that up, you posted a story from Eastern Europe. But you won't be able to find a similar story in Sweden where something like that happened and authorities didn't care. None of the stories you're posting support your initial point quoted above

This is the same logic as someone claiming women shouldn't visit NYC because of anti-abortion legislation in Alabama.

And yes, I suppose it was a mistake for Rocky or any black person to visit that country so I suppose he did get himself locked up. I guess its good that most rappers are swearing to never go there now.
He shouldn't have ganged up on someone 3 on 1 once they were defenseless on the ground. Not only is it illegal, it's cowardly and weak

Masseyme

Banned
May 23, 2019
No one has denied anything regarding what you posted, we are however denying that this is based on racism, not sure why that is so hard to get.

The point is, the prevalence of the racial violence in these countries and lack of protections make these type of encounters a dozen times riskier for minorities.

Someone following and harassing a black person can easily turn into a mob of people jumping that person.
To be black in Europe means to have to be a perfect person at all times, even as you are being attacked or you get thrown in jail. Its fucking bullshit.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
The point is, the prevalence of the racial violence in these countries and lack of protections make these type of encounters a dozen times riskier for minorities.

Someone following and harassing a black person can easily turn into a mob of people jumping that person.
To be black in Europe means to have to be a perfect person at all times, even as you are being attacked or you get thrown in jail. Its fucking bullshit.

Lack of protection? As in guns? That would have made everything MUCH worse, or are you a pro gun carry?

It can? I have never heard of this in Sweden... for the person that attacked ASAP I think I have read news that it have happened to that group of people (middle east immigrants).

So you are saying that he is in jail now only due to him being black? And nothing to do with the actual law in Sweden?

Jokab

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Maybe in Bulgaria which is a much more racist country than Sweden, I don't know. But I have never heard of this happening in Sweden. You keep describing Europe as a homogenous group which it isn't. I guess you can be scared of going to Sweden because of violence in Bulgaria and France but that would be the same as being scared of going to Morocco because of war in Sudan. Get a grip.

Masseyme

Banned
May 23, 2019
User Banned (A week): Violent rhetorics, trolling over a series of posts.
I'm not sure what you're saying here. Are you saying that, on balance, the widespread gun ownership in the US has been a positive for minorities because it would make racists less likely to fuck with you? I hope not because that would be fucking stupid, but if you are, basically all available data disagrees with that

No one said there is no racism in Sweden. This discussion started with you claiming nothing would have happened if one black instigator had been ganged up on while defenseless and on the ground:

To back that up, you posted a story from Eastern Europe. But you won't be able to find a similar story in Sweden where something like that happened and authorities didn't care. None of the stories you're posting support your initial point quoted above

This is the same logic as someone claiming women shouldn't visit NYC because of anti-abortion legislation in Alabama.

He shouldn't have ganged up on someone 3 on 1 once they were defenseless on the ground. Not only is it illegal, it's cowardly and weak

I dont give a fuck what you think is stupid. Try this shit on me or mine in my country and you get your head blown off.

Ask the Black Panthers how many racist attacks have been cut short due to the presence of firearms.

Im sick of this topic. Im never vistiting that particular country so I don't have to worry about its shitty lack of self defense laws.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I dont give a fuck what you think is stupid. Try this shit on me or mine in my country and you get your head blown off.

Ask the Black Panthers how many racist attacks have been cut short due to the presence of firearms.

Im sick of this topic. Im never vistiting that particular country so I don't have to worry about its shitty lack of self defense laws.

Someone shoves you and you are supposed to be allowed to blow their brains out as "self defense"?

Welp.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

Yes, those self defence laws that have been so good for minorities, where a black person carrying a gun has a high probability to be shoot while a white person is a stand up citizen.

And the lack of self control you are showing is... concerning if you would blow a head off someone due to this instead of calling the cops.

Wolfapo

Dec 27, 2017
Reading some posts in this thread really is astounding.

If you get attacked, don't be an asshole and retaliate. Rather back off and de-escalate, call the police etc.
There is no reason why you should pile on a (defenseless) person and beat the shit out of him or "blow their head off".

Yes, the attacker is an asshole and should be punished for whatever he did. But the punishment is and should not be in your hand.

Kronvilt

Oct 28, 2017

Are you talking about the self defence laws that got Trayvon Martin killed? Because that's the last thing I want in Sweden.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
The instigator assaulted the body guard and they defended themselves. I don't see what there to be apologist about. Don't start shit if you only weigh 90lbs soakin wet.
šŸ˜‰
Nah they did way more than self defense. Self defense is okay, but that's not what asap and his bodyguards did.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017

Cool with me. You sound like the kind of person we don't want here. Someone that turns violent at the drop of a hat.

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
A huge reason (aside from the racism) American police is so trigger happy is because guns are so widespread. They shoot so quickly because they want to shoot before they get shot. The number of minorities shot by police and racists far outnumber the number of minorities who survived racists because they were carrying guns.

If you think blowing someone's brains out is a proportional response to "this shit" (being followed around for a bit, being verbally harassed and being lightly bopped by a pair of sunglasses) then I don't think many people will agree with you, and I'm glad our justice system doesn't.

Also, the Internet badass attitude you're trying to display sort of falls flat when you admitted to being afraid of visiting one of the safest cities in the world, because of events that happened 1000s of kilometers away in another country
Im sick of this topic. Im never vistiting that particular country so I don't have to worry about its shitty lack lf self defense laws.
Not sure why you'd be visiting more racist and more unsafe Italy then, but you do you.

Salsanta1373

Apr 6, 2019
Yes, those self defence laws that have been so good for minorities, where a black person carrying a gun has a high probability to be shoot while a white person is a stand up citizen.

And the lack of self control you are showing is... concerning if you would blow a head off someone due to this instead of calling the cops.
Im gonna go to bat here and speak for Masseyme. He is implying that Poc must be perfect Citizens to be viewed as victims. Rocky was being harassed, tried to diffuse the situation, recorded himself to provide evidence to defend himself, and has been detained for 3 weeks. (With the man the stared this on the run and the victim detained) So what does it take for a black man to be be viewed as a victim. He tried diffusing, talking, and eventually had to take things to his own hands and because what he done can be viewed as "taking something to far" he is disavowed of being the victim. That's why black men have to walk eggshells across Europe. Also, I would like to add, there a lot of boot licking for the cops in this thread. I know that they are not America cops, but lets not lie a say they are not a tool for oppression.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Trump is going to find himself invited to Kanye and Kim's cookout, yet.

or is that yeet?

Masseyme

Banned
May 23, 2019
A huge reason (aside from the racism) American police is so trigger happy is because guns are so widespread. They shoot so quickly because they want to shoot before they get shot. The number of minorities shot by police and racists far outnumber the number of minorities who survived racists because they were carrying guns.

If you think blowing someone's brains out is a proportional response to "this shit" (being followed around for a bit, being verbally harassed and being lightly bopped by a pair of sunglasses) then I don't think many people will agree with you, and I'm glad our justice system doesn't.

Also, the Internet badass attitude you're trying to display sort of falls flat when you admitted to being afraid of visiting one of the safest cities in the world, because of events that happened 1000s of kilometers away in another country

Not sure why you'd be visiting more racist and more unsafe Italy then, but you do you.

Im traveling solo. I'm not afraid of any of these weak ass countries because I know what goes on and will slice somebody up if I have to.

As far as gun laws, I'd rather be caught with one than without one but I doubt you would understand that saying. Maybe tell the Swedes to not follow Americans around and maybe they won't get stomped out.

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Im gonna go to bat here and speak for Masseyme. He is implying that Poc must be perfect Citizens to be viewed as victims. Rocky was being harassed, tried to diffuse the situation, recorded himself to provide evidence to defend himself, and has been detained for 3 weeks. (With the man the stared this on the run and the victim detained) So what does it take for a black man to be be viewed as a victim. He tried diffusing, talking, and eventually had to take things to his own hands and because what he done can be viewed as "taking something to far" he is disavowed of being the victim. That's why black men have to walk eggshells across Europe. Also, I would like to add, there a lot of boot licking for the cops in this thread. I know that they are not America cops, but lets not lie a say they are not a tool for oppression.
Is your definition of "walking on eggshells" not teaming up on an asshole three-on-one and kicking him while he's defenseless on the ground?

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Uh what? He filmed himself both being a victim and himself assaulting the instigator. He incriminated himself, that has nothing to do with his skin color.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017

It has nothing to do with being perfect. Self defense has limits in the nordics, and once you go past that limit, it turns into assault. 'Muricans just seem to have difficulty grasping this.

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Im traveling solo. I'm not afraid of any of these weak ass countries because I know what goes on and will slice somebody up if I have to.

As far as gun laws, I'd rather be caught with one than without one but I doubt you would understand that saying. Maybe tell the Swedes to not follow Americans around and maybe they won't get stomped out.
6619e1982b5f9a02d2589unkcn.jpg

I'm sure in the very real situation where you would absolutely truthfully cut someone up for following you around (being such a badass and all) you'd blame racism when you'd inevitably get arrested

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

He attacked person, possibly to aggravated assault degree. That isn't self-defense here.

Him being black has nothing to do with him being arrested, even if you want it to be about that.

Masseyme

Banned
May 23, 2019
It has nothing to do with being perfect. Self defense has limits in the nordics, and once you go past that limit, it turns into assault. 'Muricans just seem to have difficulty grasping this.

Maybe because its bullshit? Im just glad the bullshit is more known so nobody else will get locked up for beating up a stalker.

Salsanta1373

Apr 6, 2019
Is your definition of "walking on eggshells" not teaming up on an asshole three-on-one and kicking him while he's defenseless on the ground?
Ohh wait your right he was not walking on eggshells because some punk wanted to intimidate and stalk a black man over headphones. My mistake. Even recorded him and asked his to stop and its still not walking on eggshells. Anything to protect Sweden's rep it seems.

Masseyme

Banned
May 23, 2019
6619e1982b5f9a02d2589unkcn.jpg

I'm sure in the very real situation where you would absolutely truthfully cut someone up for following you around (being such a badass and all) you'd blame racism when you'd inevitably get arrested
Yeah bet your neck on it. For all of America's flaws Im glad people who choose to get physical don't get so much protection from the repercussions as they do over in that bullshit penal system.

How about not beating up anyone?
Don't put your fucking hands on me and you'll be cool šŸ˜Ž