• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which design do you think looks better?

• The two tone white with black in the middle

Votes: 266 33.4%
  • All black everything

Votes: 531 66.6%

• Total voters

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It definitely looks great in black, but I just love the two tone design. Glad they changed it up.

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
Whoever modelled it in the latter 2 pics has got the form wrong. It should be as wide in the ass end as it is in the top, front end.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
I think the black is a good look, but I still can't stand the fins :|

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I've warmed up to the console a bit since unveiling, but that controller two-tone is still hideous imo. I thought seeing it together with the console would help, but it just feels so unbalanced and awkward.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Agreed 💯

All of my living room and study electronics are black. The PS5 would stick out like a sore thumb.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I like the white and black, it is clearly a new aesthetic direction for the PlayStation product line. I feel like they are REALLY trying hard to not make the PS5 feel like the "PS4 Ultra" and that it is a clear new generation for PlayStation.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
I prefer the white/black combo to match the controller, but the black one is okay too.

Given a choice I'd always go with the 2-tone.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Agreed op love it in black. At the very least, this is the most obvious alternative color, I'm expecting it kinda soon.

HouseAR

May 17, 2020
I stay with the original dual color design. Just taking a black Dualsense as second controller eventually

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
It would be nice if they made the outer panels changeable, i prefer the all black but original is fine.

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
I would like to see the standard black and white edition in similar lighting conditions, cuz I think that is what makes these pics look extra sexy

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Does black look on it? Of course. But I'm personally sick of the black them. I wanted it to be a dope looking blue, but I'll settle for this.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks really cheap in all black.

Black blades with a white body, keeping the two tone would be interesting.

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
I'd prefer a black version too.
Also wouldn't clash with the rest of my setup

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
it's still ugly, but all black with lights turned off makes it 100 times easier to hide in the back of my shelf

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely prefer the controller in all-black.

The console itself looks nice either way. I think the white+black design is more striking, though.

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
I'm tired of black on my electronics/appliances, so I choose color if there is an option. My fridge is teal and I love it!

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The black/white colour is much more visually striking and aesthethically impressive

It is not even close actually, it gives the marketing department a very clear concept identity to work with as it is instantly recognizable

I am pretty sure they will offer a black version eventually too (which also looks great in those mockups) but its very clear to me they made the absolute right decision with the 2 colours visual.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It should be an option, but personally I think it's very boring. It's just another black rectangle that can be confused for any other console.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I still find it a shame they don't have accent colors on the buttons and logos to match the classic color scheme, and yeah a variance of Black and Dark Blue is much more subtle on the eyes and in line with the brand. I'm sure there will be plenty of alternate color schemes down the line, likely even at launch for some bundles.

That being said the strong White colors of the current design is a lot more visually striking and identifiable, so I can understand the choice. That they have official images of the Controller in Black and in White tells me they're already planning for alternate color choices anyways

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Looks more comfortable and familiar.

I'll take a white one.

Mainly because I'm over the black boxes of old.

Looks nice though.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
You know, I look over at my purple GameCube, my purple-shelled Dreamcast, the neon colored Switch, the weird shaped N64, the TG16 Mini, the silver PS2, my blue GBA consolizer and then I look down at the shelves below that at the solid black segment of X, Pro, PS3, and Wii U and boy, solid black is just really boring. It really is time for something new both in shape and color.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Just going off of some of the mockups I found online:

Eab45nMXYAAtePU

ps5-black-design-concept-e1592218326911.jpg

Oh my, a colored PS logo would be the cherry on top

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Nah, I enjoy the ps5 design. Looks bold and different from what we've gotten before.
but the all black one definitely looks nice as well.

Brivs

Creative Director, BancyCo
Verified
Nov 4, 2017
Toronto
Oooh, nice. I have a legal contract with my entertainment centre that it will only house black or mostly-black consoles as part of an interior design decision, so I'd be happy to wait for something like this!