• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
I don't understand why some people think Stormfront is as powerful or heck, even more powerful then Homelander.
It's been clearly laid out that he's basically an invincible god.
Just because he's been playfully pushed during sex and she doesn't instantly die getting hit by his laser eyes doesn't mean shit.

The whole show is a countdown until Homelander finally snaps for good. He's the endgame.
I do wonder how, when and why he'll turn against Stormfront. But with him, it could be anything honestly lol

I don't think he kills her (at least not on purpose) but I do think her death will set him off

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
They mentioned Liberty was a second generation supe. But I assume that means she was actually a first gen that had to have her identity cleaned up. I'm curious to see how Soldier Boy fits in.

Also, regarding Black Noir, I wonder if having him in his pocket is why Edgar isn't afraid of Homelander.

Comic spoilers
isn't Stormfront the very first supe the German Nazis created (in the comics). I assume her story would be similar in the show, a nazi that was granted US citizenship after the war, together with Vought. Liberty may be her second identity after that.

Last edited:

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Honestly, I can't wait to see what's in store for A-Train, Maeve and The Deep since they are all pretty much over with Homelander's shit.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It took me way too long to notice stormfronts earrings

7r4kq4qgmkl51.jpg

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That was good. The scene where he burned everyone at the protest freaked me out. It got me for a sec.

Bora Horza

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Another fantastic episode, this show really does go out of its way to show you just how badly superheroes can fuck a normal human right up.

When Homelander lasered the crowd I genuinely gasped.

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I might be reading into it too much, but the evil supers seem to be pretty on the nose representations of real world concepts that are too powerful for normal humans to resist.

Homelander is the US government. Black Noir is the military industrial complex. And now Stormfront is social media.

If I had to take a guess at A-Train, I guess I'd say he's addiction? Not sure about The Deep; he might have been the patriarchy, except he's been brought pretty low by now, so I'm not sure it applies.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Didn't Homelander take down two planes last season? The private jet and the airliner? I thought Deep got evidence of the private jet but not the airliner?
From what i recall, the Deep went to investigate the private jet and reported what he saw, Homelander even threatened him after. Now i think they will get something on the airliner that could incriminate Homelander.

I might be wrong, but since Maeve needs the Deep's help and he is the only one with water based abilities, seems to make sense that It has something to do with that plane.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
From what i recall, the Deep went to investigate the private jet and reported what he saw, Homelander even threatened him after. Now i think they will get something on the airliner that could incriminate Homelander.

I might be wrong, but since Maeve needs the Deep's help and he is the only one with water based abilities, seems to make sense that It has something to do with that plane.
The scary part is unless they have some plan for Homelander if they just ruin his public image he could just end up actually tearing through a crowd of people.

Deaf Spacker

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom

Yeah I was gonna say that Homelander didn't take too kindly to the Deep interfering with the private jet.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
This is the funniest episode of the show by far: terror fucking a homelander doll, the gender roles scene, AOC nod, homelander not being there for A-front farewell. And is stormfront being nazi an open secret in the seven? A-front seems to know what she meant immediately when they were talking about churches, or did he just deduce that?

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Jesus they are not subtle with cultural depictions in this show

Chopper's Auntie was right out of Victorian England

SOME CRUMPETS WITH YER TEA YA WANKER?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
This is the funniest episode of the show by far: terror fucking a homelander doll, the gender roles scene, AOC nod, homelander not being there for A-front farewell. And is stormfront being nazi an open secret in the seven? A-front seems to know what she meant immediately when they were talking about churches, or did he just deduce that?

A-Train is black man in America, supe or not.

He knows that she was saying and meant.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

She wasn't exactly being subtle about it, talking about how the Church went to shit as soon as they started letting just anyone in. She was talking to a black guy about how certain kinds of people are trash and you'd have to be pretty dang oblivious to know what she was saying.

Stormfront seems to have no interest in playing nice with anyone she has no use for. In fact the only members of the Seven she's actively trying to get on her side are Homelander and Starlight, who just happen to be the only Christian, heterosexual, blonde haired, blue eyed members.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
For people who read the comics, how long the story is? How many seasons can we expected the show to go for?

I might be reading into it too much, but the evil supers seem to be pretty on the nose representations of real world concepts that are too powerful for normal humans to resist.

Homelander is the US government. Black Noir is the military industrial complex. And now Stormfront is social media.

If I had to take a guess at A-Train, I guess I'd say he's addiction? Not sure about The Deep; he might have been the patriarchy, except he's been brought pretty low by now, so I'm not sure it applies.
The Deep is like toxic masculinity, maybe. Whiny, insecure and demanding respect while being put down by males further up the hierarchy. Throws self at gurus preying on how shallow they are.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when A-Train was temporarily crippled and got hounded by a security guard in a store when he didn't have his costume and was just a random black guy

A Train is black man in America and he implies he grew up poor so he's probably not unused to dog whistles and he's not an idiot, Stormfront wasn't even hiding what she meant

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Stormfront's dog-whistling was really on the nose so no surprise A-Train easily picked up on it.

And yeah I definitely think Congresswoman Neuman is a nod to AOC, if Vought was real AOC would be raining fire on them nonstop.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Stormfront's dog-whistling was really on the nose so no surprise A-Train easily picked up on it.

And yeah I definitely think Congresswoman Neuman is a nod to AOC, if Vought was real AOC would be raining fire on them nonstop.
Homelander joked about her dancing to a pop song on the internet so yeah

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
The scary stuff is that Stormfront is very on the nose about what she means and believes (she is not actively trying to hide her intentions as when she was Liberty) and that resonates with the general population (in the show and in real world too). That is why we are so fucked.

Edited: like when people act surprised when pointed out she is a Nazi "What? I thought she was so cool". The show gives plenty of visual clues on her too, and still there is a teamstormfront.

May 10, 2018
For people who read the comics, how long the story is? How many seasons can we expected the show to go for?
I expect maybe 5? Part of that is my assumption that Kripke wouldn't want to drag the story like he didn't want to with Supernatural although not the best comparison since Supernatural was a show with 20+ episodes a season and this show only has 8 a season.

But yeah, like many people have said the show is pretty different from the comics.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
MM has been by far the best character on this season. Just love him so much in here.

Frenchie on the other side is turning into a creep (well, already was but he's going full creep).

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I don't understand why some people think Stormfront is as powerful or heck, even more powerful then Homelander.
Just because he's been playfully pushed during sex and she doesn't instantly die getting hit by his laser eyes doesn't mean shit.
He looked scared and nervous when he realized he couldn't stop her with his lasers even if he wanted to.

basically shook

Scuttlefluff

Oct 28, 2017

The comics are epic in overall length, Ennis was just let off the chain In terms of quantity and content. It's 11 or 12 graphic novels, I think? There's a whole book set on an excursion to Russia. But the show is largely playing by its own tune, so it's hard to say. I think the world is quite expansive. I reckon a good 4-5 seasons would do it, but it's a wild guess.