• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
That would be me. It's been a great distraction from the world, and I wanted more people to enjoy it :P
(sincerely) Yeah, I've been really enjoying it. It's just been sucking up all my free time and I've been meaning to sew up a face mask. I finally got it mostly done tonight since I want to go to the grocery store tomorrow (and I gotta take my cat friend to the veterinarian on Tuesday).

Guess I'm glad though, since I just got done and finished with Adventure Communist a few days ago, even if that took a lot less attention away from me when I was still going with it.

I'd been thinking about this for a while, that people on the internet should just talk like elcor. When I see it now that I finally try it though, it's pretty irritating. Now I'm not sure if I want to keep doing it, lol...

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
(sincerely) Yeah, I've been really enjoying it. It's just been sucking up all my free time and I've been meaning to sew up a face mask. I finally got it mostly done tonight since I want to go to the grocery store tomorrow (and I gotta take my cat friend to the veterinarian on Tuesday).

Guess I'm glad though, since I just got done and finished with Adventure Communist a few days ago, even if that took a lot less attention away from me when I was still going with it.

I'd been thinkin about this for a while, that people on the internet should just talk like elcor. When I see it now that I finally try it though, it's pretty irritating. Now I'm not sure if I want to keep doing it, lol...
it gets less demanding of your time later, well as long as you aren't absolutely trying to min max time. As you will creep into a zone and then just slowly build yourself up until you get to the next zone.

you can do challenges when you want to spend more time with it.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
it gets less demanding of your time later, well as long as you aren't absolutely trying to min max time. As you will creep into a zone and then just slowly build yourself up until you get to the next zone.

you can do challenges when you want to spend more time with it.
I'm just about to finish up the first challenge, yeah (just got to kill this last boss, might have to rebirth first, though). I spent a lot of time today farming old gear because I learned that you get set bonuses for maxing them all out too.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just about to finish up the first challenge, yeah (just got to kill this last boss, might have to rebirth first, though). I spent a lot of time today farming old gear because I learned that you get set bonuses for maxing them all out too.
yeah. set bonuses can help a lot.

also there are some bonuses hiding in menus as well. you can get a kitty and some other things :3

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
yeah. set bonuses can help a lot.

also there are some bonuses hiding in menus as well. you can get a kitty and some other things :3
yeah I found the kitty and wondered if I chose poorly, but I read somewhere that it was the right choice today. I did the rapid rebirth thing today too. That plus the challenge... man, I lost a LOTTA number today lol.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
yeah I found the kitty and wondered if I chose poorly, but I read somewhere that it was the right choice today. I did the rapid rebirth thing today too. That plus the challenge... man, I lost a LOTTA number today lol.
As time goes on number will become more meaningless :P
It hurts at first to lose all that number, but ultimately number isn't nearly as important as what you do in the adventure.
They don't lie when they say you will get it back much faster.

Also while the challenges have some nice rewards, sometimes it's best to ignore them until you get your raw numbers up more.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I've been farming Titans for about three weeks. I think I'm going to try to push on to boss 300. I'm at 234 now and I'm doing the Laser Sword Challenge every rebirth.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I've been farming Titans for about three weeks. I think I'm going to try to push on to boss 300. I'm at 234 now and I'm doing the Laser Sword Challenge every rebirth.
I'm on boss 162 also slowly climbing from the laser sword challenge.

I just got the ability to full idle earth so I will likely hold off on rebirthing again for a few days until I can build up myself more and easily get back to idling earth as it took about 60k advanced training levels to get me there :P

OP
OP
exodus

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird how the first thing I noticed is that NGU rips off Idling To Rule The Gods.

That's no secret. 4G is a friend of Ryu's and it's more of an homage than anything.

NGU definitely improves the formula though and is far more idle friendly than ITRTG. Also not as P2W with all of the insane pets in ITRTG.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I spend a lot of time researching different game genres while trying to figure out the appeal for different types of player. I struggle so much with incremental games.

Can anyone recall one of their favourite moments from the time playing these games?

What makes a bad incremental game?

Do you engage with the game in broader ways, like online communities or streamers or guides?

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I spend a lot of time researching different game genres while trying to figure out the appeal for different types of player. I struggle so much with incremental games.

Can anyone recall one of their favourite moments from the time playing these games?

Do you engage with the game in broader ways, like online communities or streamers or guides?
I just like building towards something.
a bad incremental game hits a lot of walls and requires a lot of doing the same stuff. There needs to be something to chase that doesn't feel super out of reach.

I do sometimes use some guides. like for this one I check to get the stats I need to be ready for the next level that way I know what my goal is https://ngu-idle.fandom.com/wiki/NGU_Idle_Wiki

the other nice part about ngu is that is has a bunch of challenges that reward you for playing different, but there are so many systems to build that it always feels like you are making forward progress which is important.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
There needs to be something to chase that doesn't feel super out of reach.
This I can understand.

My attempts at playing the game ended quickly because I couldn't see any point to continued play. Most of what I got from Candy Box were stories from other people about the next weird phase, but when I played it felt like a big nuisance.

Are NGU's acknowledgements for different play styles part of these games now?

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
This I can understand.

My attempts at playing the game ended quickly because I couldn't see any point to continued play. Most of what I got from Candy Box were stories from other people about the next weird phase, but when I played it felt like a big nuisance.

Are NGU's acknowledgements for different play styles part of these games now?
How the idle games play vary quite a bit from each one.
The main reason I'm enjoying NGU is it's obviously made by someone who understands math quite well and thus most of the progress curves feel nice.

They slow down, but as they do you have more systems to work on. I've slowed down to needing to be in the same area for a few days, but every day I'm making progress and it's noticeable progress.

You can work on NGU a various ways. Some work a bit better, but really the best way to get stronger is playing with all the systems to some degree anyway.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm getting closer to being able to manually kill The Beast V3 and Chocolate World. With my Adventure Digger on max and my best DPS gear on, I have 60 billion attack and 40 billion defense. Hopefully I can do them in the next few days. I've manually killed a few Chocolate World bosses already. My drop rate for that zone is 0.7%, so that sucks.

OP
OP
exodus

exodus

Oct 25, 2017

What I enjoy about incrementals is the feeling of progression and discovery. NGU is great in particular for a long time incremental fan because there is always a new feature on the horizon to look forward to unlocking (well, until you've reach near end-game like I have). I always have a clear goal to progress towards and there are different things I can focus on to more quickly reach that goal. It doesn't punish me for ignoring the game for days at a time, but it gives me more active goals to work towards if I want to devote more attention to the game.

What makes a bad incremental game:

1) Overly active gameplay (or lack of automation). At least for a longer term game. I want to be able to progress in a meaningful way without needing to devote my constant attention to the game.
2) Reliance on clicking as a gameplay mechanic. It's tedious, and not interesting in any way.
3) Overly simple gameplay. Adventure Capitalist is a good example of this. There are no meaningful decisions to be made.
4) Lack of new features or paradigm shifts. I want a game to surprise me with new mechanics or paradigm shifts as I play it.
5) Watching ads for bonuses. Please, no. If this is your monetization model, let me pay to not see an add ever.
6) Overly obtuse. I'd lug in Sandcastle Builder and Realm Grinder into this category. Some people confuse depth with complete obfuscation of gameplay mechanics.
7) Being a clone of an existing game. There are far too many AdCap and TapTitans clones out there. A new theme is not enough to carry a game alone.

I do tend to engage in either Reddit or Discord communities for these games.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Does it ever get easier to get AP? There's a lot of stuff in the sellout shop that I need, but it doesn't seem like I'll ever be able to afford it all. I'm also at the point where I'm almost ready to move on to the next Adventure zone, but my drop rate is terrible. I would like to use the Lucky Charm to double my drop rate, but I've only got one of the regular charm and it costs 5000 AP for one or 50,000 for the charm that increases drop rates for 12 hours. I've only got 100k, so anything I buy is a pretty big chunk of what I have.

OP
OP
exodus

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Does it ever get easier to get AP? There's a lot of stuff in the sellout shop that I need, but it doesn't seem like I'll ever be able to afford it all. I'm also at the point where I'm almost ready to move on to the next Adventure zone, but my drop rate is terrible. I would like to use the Lucky Charm to double my drop rate, but I've only got one of the regular charm and it costs 5000 AP for one or 50,000 for the charm that increases drop rates for 12 hours. I've only got 100k, so anything I buy is a pretty big chunk of what I have.

Yeah it does. I'm not sure exactly how much AP I get per day, but I believe I've earned over 10 million AP (maybe closer to 13-14 million). Challenges will bring in a lot of AP as well.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I found this thread recently and decided to try this on Steam.
I have had played a few idle games over the years but not for long.
My computer has been on 24/7 for the last 2 weeks with this game running OMG it is so fun and addictive.

I have a question though - I'm on boss 82, just finished the 2D set and killed Jake Titan for the first time. I am really confused as yo what set of weapon/armor to use.
—I just maxed the 2D set
—Jake seems to be dropping a better set but with 2 hour respawn it will take ages to level.
—looks like I can do Ancient Battlefield now with my stats and that set looks great too!

Any advice? There are so many options I'm not sore what to even do !!

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I have a question though - I'm on boss 82, just finished the 2D set and killed Jake Titan for the first time. I am really confused as yo what set of weapon/armor to use.
—I just maxed the 2D set
—Jake seems to be dropping a better set but with 2 hour respawn it will take ages to level.
—looks like I can do Ancient Battlefield now with my stats and that set looks great too!

Any advice? There are so many options I'm not sore what to even do !!

Where you are, you can probably just worry about the base stats. Just use whichever is better. When you get farther in the game, you'll be mixing items from different zones and Titans. Right now. I'm using gear from two or three different zones and two or three different Titans. Later in the game, the bonuses from gear becomes almost as important as pure stats. Right now, I'm using a chest piece that has 400,000 less defense power than my best armor because it has a 400% NGU Speed increase.

It does take a while to max out Titan gear, with the timer and drop rates. There's a challenge you can do to reduce the cooldowns on Titans. It reduces cooldowns 15 minutes per clear, but the timer can never be reduced to under a hour.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Where you are, you can probably just worry about the base stats. Just use whichever is better. When you get farther in the game, you'll be mixing items from different zones and Titans. Right now. I'm using gear from two or three different zones and two or three different Titans. Later in the game, the bonuses from gear becomes almost as important as pure stats. Right now, I'm using a chest piece that has 400,000 less defense power than my best armor because it has a 400% NGU Speed increase.

It does take a while to max out Titan gear, with the timer and drop rates. There's a challenge you can do to reduce the cooldowns on Titans. It reduces cooldowns 15 minutes per clear, but the timer can never be reduced to under a hour.

Thank you :)
I've progressed now to A Very Strange Place and am on boss 97, so I have the Gaudy set equipped now.
I REALLY need to do the first challenge and a couple others I have been procrastinating because I don't want to have to work my way up from Number 0 lol.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

mixing ends up being interesting lol.
I'm currently on the grind to beast level 3. figure it will take me at least a week to get there from my current place.
Thank you :)
I've progressed now to A Very Strange Place and am on boss 97, so I have the Gaudy set equipped now.
I REALLY need to do the first challenge and a couple others I have been procrastinating because I don't want to have to work my way up from Number 0 lol.

the longer you wait on challenges the easier they become to do. That being said some of them are worth pushing through early on. some of those first time completion bonuses help a lot.

also the basic challenge does mean it. You will build up your number and get back up to where you are much faster the second time.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I am willing to admit that, after nearly 500 hours in the game in the last 3 weeks, I have bought every single Newbie and Ascended packs, but I figure I have almost never played 500 hours of any game, and I am absolutely addicted to this. I used the AP to mostly get a couple hearts that werent in the Packs i bought, and especially Accessory Slots. I want them all !!! lol there is 1 left but I'm not buying enough AP for it's 750,000 cost !!
But things are starting to accumulate more often naturally for me now so I'm going to try and not spend any more real dough on it. Since it's free, and I've absolutely killed it time-wise, the dev deserves a cash influx =)

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
mixing ends up being interesting lol.
I'm currently on the grind to beast level 3. figure it will take me at least a week to get there from my current place.

I'm on the grind to V4. I just did a rebirth to get the bonuses from my beards and macguffins and to do my last Laser Sword Challenge, so it will be a day or two before I'm back where I was. I've been idling Chocolate World the last few days. I've got my power up to 400 billion and toughness up to 275 billion. I hope to get to V4 in a week or two. This rebirth, I should clear the last boss.Then I can work on getting to The Beast V3 and getting the stat boosts I need to get to Evil difficulty.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I am willing to admit that, after nearly 500 hours in the game in the last 3 weeks, I have bought every single Newbie and Ascended packs, but I figure I have almost never played 500 hours of any game, and I am absolutely addicted to this. I used the AP to mostly get a couple hearts that werent in the Packs i bought, and especially Accessory Slots. I want them all !!! lol there is 1 left but I'm not buying enough AP for it's 750,000 cost !!
But things are starting to accumulate more often naturally for me now so I'm going to try and not spend any more real dough on it. Since it's free, and I've absolutely killed it time-wise, the dev deserves a cash influx =)
I ended up buying two of the packs because I'm basically racing a friend in the game, but haven't bought anything more yet. But yeah the ton has a lot of good going on in it.

You eventually slow down but even then it doesn't feel bad because there is so many systems you can work on building up.

I'm on the grind to V4. I just did a rebirth to get the bonuses from my beards and macguffins and to do my last Laser Sword Challenge, so it will be a day or two before I'm back where I was. I've been idling Chocolate World the last few days. I've got my power up to 400 billion and toughness up to 275 billion. I hope to get to V4 in a week or two. This rebirth, I should clear the last boss.Then I can work on getting to The Beast V3 and getting the stat boosts I need to get to Evil difficulty.
my power is high enough to deal with the v2 via autokill. it will go up by eating boosts over the next few days, but the main thing I'm excited about is that my Ygg is about to go properly online. Tomorrow my pom will finally hit 24 and I will get to build up a bunch of other things.

UPk0uRO.png

I've been looking forward to this going online properly for a while.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I still haven't gotten Pomegrante to 24. It's at level 17 now. I'm working on getting it there. I unlocked Fruit of MacGuffin a a few days ago and that took 60,000 seeds. I've been making sure to put on my Yggdrasil gear before I harvest anything, though. That extra seed boost helps.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't gotten Pomegrante to 24. It's at level 17 now. I'm working on getting it there. I unlocked Fruit of MacGuffin a a few days ago and that took 60,000 seeds. I've been making sure to put on my Yggdrasil gear before I harvest anything, though. That extra seed boost helps.
HOChVyw.png

I need to get mine to level 2 eventually but it will be a while since that next level is 60k for me (well that's less than my pom will give me but still).

I've focused on ygg perks in both pp and quests for a while. I have all the seed gains maxed, I have first harvest maxed, I have the first fruit of knowledge sucks perk unlocked (going for the second one after I finish getting the cube boost to 2% perk)

my brown heart is slowly growing in my daycare, but it comes out for my pom harvests as well as my ugg ring and waldo boots (I look forward to getting a drop from v3 of the beast). I've also been going ham on magic NGU for the last week

h3LiTwW.png

the last time I checked with all my bonuses, after I get that second knowledge sucks perk, and if I use a poop I should net around 170k exp from my fruit of knowledge a day (I'll be able to check again in 30 minutes as it's much easier to just eat my level 8 fruit, divide that by 8^1.5 and then multiply it by 24^1.5 and then 1.5 to adjust for max level and poop then to do all the math lol). Which isn't bad. and as I continue to build those two ngu it will just continue to get bigger :)

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
The new accessory added to Chocolate World in the latest update helps with Yggdrasil seed gain, too. I've got it at level 61 now and it gives an extra 80.5% seed yield.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
The new accessory added to Chocolate World in the latest update helps with Yggdrasil seed gain, too. I've got it at level 61 now and it gives an extra 80.5% seed yield.
Nice. I will eventually get there, but I suspect I'm at least 2 weeks away from seriously farming chocolate world.

I snagged the guff fruit and the guff spell and am slowly building up
Ze39AEz.png

it was level 6 a few days ago. but I don't know if it will significantly matter with getting those chocolate world drop rates up. So I will likely wait until I can farm choco world with beast mode on before I seriously idle it.

either way I figure the extra 20% or so I will get from it can't hurt :P

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I've only got two MacGuffin slots. I keep the Drop Chance MacGuffin in one of them. I unlocked the MacGuffin blood magic spell last weekend. Even with minimum blood, it gives five levels to a random MacGuffin. I always make sure the drop chance one is the only one I have equipped with I use the spell or fruit. Chocolate World uses a different drop chance formula than anything before it. It sucks. My drop chance modifier is at 1.8 million percent with my drop chance gold digger as high as I can get it and my drop chance gear on. Even with that, I still only have a 1.8% drop chance from bosses. I've unlocked as many daycare slots as I can get so I can put the chocolate set items in there to level up while I'm waiting on drops.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I've only got two MacGuffin slots. I keep the Drop Chance MacGuffin in one of them. I unlocked the MacGuffin blood magic spell last weekend. Even with minimum blood, it gives five levels to a random MacGuffin. I always make sure the drop chance one is the only one I have equipped with I use the spell or fruit. Chocolate World uses a different drop chance formula than anything before it. It sucks. My drop chance modifier is at 1.8 million percent with my drop chance gold digger as high as I can get it and my drop chance gear on. Even with that, I still only have a 1.8% drop chance from bosses. I've unlocked as many daycare slots as I can get so I can put the chocolate set items in there to level up while I'm waiting on drops.
yeah I'm just running with the drop one during my runs so my fruit and spell go into that, and then on rebirth I slide my gold one in my other slot as it's my only other guff high enough to warrant rebirthing with it in since I got it to like 55 while farming for items lol.

my drop chance is only around 200k% right now though. but I'm still working on that and don't have all my drop chance stuff on (I have most of my ngu gear on right now)

I figured getting the guff stuff now would give me time to build it up and help later ideally.

edit: my new math has me at 187,505 exp from my fruit of knowledge once I get it built up.

Last edited:

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I've been using Augment Speed MacGuffin as my other one while I was doing the Laser Sword Challenge. It used to take forever for those two augments to level. I need to swap it out now that I'm finished with that challenge and I have a lot more energy power than I used to.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I've been using Augment Speed MacGuffin as my other one while I was doing the Laser Sword Challenge. It used to take forever for those two augments to level. I need to swap it out now that I'm finished with that challenge and I have a lot more energy power than I used to.
I guess mine is level 83 for that, and I will eventually use it, but gold and drop seem the most important to me so I can get better drops and keep building up my diggers.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I guess mine is level 83 for that, and I will eventually use it, but gold and drop seem the most important to me so I can get better drops and keep building up my diggers.

I'm not sure if the gold drop amount actually matters or not. I'm almost 160 days in and I still don't understand the mechanics of the time machine. It's the most confusing mechanic in the game, to me.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if the gold drop amount actually matters or not. I'm almost 160 days in and I still don't understand the mechanics of the time machine. It's the most confusing mechanic in the game, to me.
The gold drop guff deals with how much enemies drop
QquhgWb.png

and your gold fill per bar
wiYqC3I.png

in the time machine is based upon the highest amount of gold you have had drop in a single drop.

So that guff at the level I have it means that my highest drop is 33% bigger because of the guff, which then all my other time machine bonuses get added onto that which makes my whole time machine 33% bigger. Granted at the levels I'm even at that means that instead of 1e29 gold I have 3.3e29 gold, but that's almost enough for a single digger level and will just get bigger :P

it's why most of my runs I start off with killing the beast with all my gold finding gear on.

OP
OP
exodus

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, gold drops I find kind of worthless. Digger levels are exponentially more expensive, so even 10x gold doesn't have much impact.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, gold drops I find kind of worthless. Digger levels are exponentially more expensive, so even 10x gold doesn't have much impact.
I will likely replace my gold drop one with an energy cap one, but for now my gold one is worth a lot more. Gotta finish building up my drop chance one, and then I can work on building up another guff instead of gold.

For now my choices are only gold and aug, and gold is far more useful to me than aug at this time.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
No More Bosses!

I finally killed the last boss in Normal mode. I've got two Chocolate World items at 100 and the rest are high 80s/low 90s. Right now, my Power is 550 billion and toughness is 211 billion. I'm getting closer to The Beast V4 and Evil difficulty. Hopefully I can clear the last Beast in a week or so. Now that I've got the last boss killed, I may start doing 24 hour rebirths for a few days to get as many bonuses as I can from beards and MacGuffins.

Jarsonot

Oct 27, 2017
Just killed the beast for the first time today!

Edit: Ugh, and also today my Green Heart (Faster PP) maxed out. So I have the choice of farming the itopod and grinning at my faster gains, or going for the quest.

Looking through the QP rewards I think I'm gonna keep doing the itopod for awhile yet, I have better rewards in that pool still.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I always just idle quests. It takes too much time from other things doing them manually.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
No More Bosses!

I finally killed the last boss in Normal mode. I've got two Chocolate World items at 100 and the rest are high 80s/low 90s. Right now, my Power is 550 billion and toughness is 211 billion. I'm getting closer to The Beast V4 and Evil difficulty. Hopefully I can clear the last Beast in a week or so. Now that I've got the last boss killed, I may start doing 24 hour rebirths for a few days to get as many bonuses as I can from beards and MacGuffins.
I'm already on my 24 hour cycles to max first harvest :P
but congrats on everything.
Just killed the beast for the first time today!

Edit: Ugh, and also today my Green Heart (Faster PP) maxed out. So I have the choice of farming the itopod and grinning at my faster gains, or going for the quest.

Looking through the QP rewards I think I'm gonna keep doing the itopod for awhile yet, I have better rewards in that pool still.

nice. Yeah I just idle them most of the time. At some point I should manually do them to increase the bonuses by making level 100 ones :P

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
What makes a bad incremental game:

1) Overly active gameplay (or lack of automation). At least for a longer term game. I want to be able to progress in a meaningful way without needing to devote my constant attention to the game.
2) Reliance on clicking as a gameplay mechanic. It's tedious, and not interesting in any way.
3) Overly simple gameplay. Adventure Capitalist is a good example of this. There are no meaningful decisions to be made.
4) Lack of new features or paradigm shifts. I want a game to surprise me with new mechanics or paradigm shifts as I play it.
5) Watching ads for bonuses. Please, no. If this is your monetization model, let me pay to not see an add ever.
6) Overly obtuse. I'd lug in Sandcastle Builder and Realm Grinder into this category. Some people confuse depth with complete obfuscation of gameplay mechanics.
7) Being a clone of an existing game. There are far too many AdCap and TapTitans clones out there. A new theme is not enough to carry a game alone.
I think I agree with pretty much all of that

Any other recommendations for good ones?

Kolya

Jan 26, 2018
WAMI (Wizard and minion idle) is a great one. Seems like a clone of NGU (which is a clone of ITRTG) but it soon deviates, and I prefer it to NGU in all honesty.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I finally maxed the Chocolate World set. Now I've got the MacGuffin and bar accessories unlocked. I wish boost item drop rates in the ITOPOD weren't so bad. It takes a long time to get up the stats on the gear I have now. I have floor 450 unlocked in the ITOPOD, so I could farm 1k boosts, if it wasn't so slow. I get boosts faster from Boring-Ass Earth, but they're 200 boosts most of the time.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I finally maxed the Chocolate World set. Now I've got the MacGuffin and bar accessories unlocked. I wish boost item drop rates in the ITOPOD weren't so bad. It takes a long time to get up the stats on the gear I have now. I have floor 450 unlocked in the ITOPOD, so I could farm 1k boosts, if it wasn't so slow. I get boosts faster from Boring-Ass Earth, but they're 200 boosts most of the time.
I get boosts at a decent clip from itopod. though I suppose it still likely is slower than earth, but meh soon enough I will have 500 boosts for me.

I'm approaching floor 400 in itopod which will give me the boosts I need to boost my cube to take on beast v3.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I get boosts at a decent clip from itopod. though I suppose it still likely is slower than earth, but meh soon enough I will have 500 boosts for me.

It might not be as bad as it feels. It seems like it takes me five or six kills to get boosts in ITOPOD, but it seems like they drop every other kill in Boring-Ass Earth.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
It might not be as bad as it feels. It seems like it takes me five or six kills to get boosts in ITOPOD, but it seems like they drop every other kill in Boring-Ass Earth.
boosts cap at 20% chance from normal enemies and don't drop from bosses in earth, so they should be dropping every 5-6 kills in earth.

it seems itopod's boost chance is a flat 14% so earth does drop them a bit faster, but itopod's are always the same level which for you would be 1k per?