• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

alm0st^_^

Banned
Jan 25, 2020
I am currently fascinated with a YouTube channel called Jim Can't swim, about criminal Psychology. It's killing time that's for sure, but if you can deal with graphic stories or disturbing crimes. It's pretty interesting.

if not. I don't recommend it. Some of the stories are pretty graphic.
Love true crime stuff. I'll give that a watch

Dec 23, 2017
Yep. Like I said, I won't go into more detail about it.
Then what the hell are they going to announce. I'm pretty scared that they will make the majority of the direct a Zelda 35th fest and feel ok/proud and that their fans should be satisfied. It's time to get off these forums man. Even listening to nate's podcast there is very low expect from everyone.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Then what the hell are they going to announce. I'm pretty scared that they will make the majority of the direct a Zelda 35th fest and feel ok/proud and that their fans should be satisfied. It's time to get off these forums man. Even listening to nate's podcast there is very low expect from everyone.
He's talking about Ubisoft.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017

Multiple insiders hinted at Mario and Rabbids 2, one "insider" says it's not happening.

mk_68

Banned
Feb 3, 2020
He's been claiming this for a while, but we've had a ton of insiders indicating otherwise. We'll know soon enough.
yeah but it doesn't seem like they are indicating otherwise based on knowledge, just that they know that team is working on something and it makes sense for it to be a sequel. Could be a Zelda Rabbids for all we know lol. I don't recall an insider hint to Mario Rabbids 2 based on knowledge just predictability.

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Mario + Rabbids is Ubisoft, it has no bearing on Nintendo's conference anyways. And the entire second half of the year isn't just gonna be Zelda games.

Jan 9, 2021
Weird how the hype really died down for Nintendo's E3. I do believe they messed up by not showing the Pro when the hype was at an all time high. If their E3 presentation goes as "bleh" as these prediction videos are portraying, I say we're in for another 2018.

Unless BoTW2 is this year.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Battle of the insiders

200w.gif

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
yeah but it doesn't seem like they are indicating otherwise based on knowledge, just that they know that team is working on something and it makes sense for it to be a sequel. Could be a Zelda Rabbids for all we know lol. I don't recall an insider hint to Mario Rabbids 2 based on knowledge just predictability.

I don't recall people like Shinobi or John Harker ever making those kinds of comments based off "predictability." And we just had claims of knowledge that the game will have a Galaxy theme.

Dec 23, 2017
He's talking about Ubisoft.
Mario + Rabbids is Ubisoft, it has no bearing on Nintendo's conference anyways. And the entire second half of the year isn't just gonna be Zelda games.
I know it's Ubisoft. But what else can they announce? Just dance and that's it. No one buys AC games on Nintendo consoles. I would love to see a far cry but that's not realistic. Sorry for the doom and gloom. Someone direct me to something positive and hype inducing. I won't watch the direct I'm just afraid of what Nintendo might do.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I know it's Ubisoft. But what else can they announce? Just dance and that's it. No one buys AC games on Nintendo consoles. I would love to see a far cry but that's not realistic. Sorry for the doom and gloom. Someone direct me to something positive and hype inducing. I won't watch the direct I'm just afraid of what Nintendo might do.

I don't understand how one person saying he doubts Mario and Rabbids 2 being real is confirming Nintendo's E3 will suck? Insiders didn't even know about BOTW2 at E3 2019.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
John Harker, Matt and Shinobi have hinted at Mario + Rabbids. John Harker knows everything about Ubisoft. Nobody cares what Liam says. Jason Schreier confirmed today Ubisoft has a secret game to reveal that's only coming to one system.

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe

People literally buy anything on Nintendo consoles. We've had Just Dance, Immortals Fenyx Rising, and Scott Pilgrim in the past year from Ubisoft.

Dec 23, 2017
I don't understand how one person saying he doubts Mario and Rabbids not being real is confirming Nintendo's E3 will suck? Insiders didn't even know about BOTW2 at E3 2019.
No one know obviously. No Jen can say definitely. It is what it is. I was just asking a question, assuming it doesn't get announced. What else could Ubisoft announce for the switch?

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
No one know obviously. No Jen can say definitely. It is what it is. I was just asking a question, assuming it doesn't get announced. What else could Ubisoft announce for the switch?

Plenty? This isn't EA we are talking about.

Idk, but he's done it the recent Nintendo presentations so I want people to be aware if they want to stay away from here on Monday.

Yeah, I really hope he doesn't leak anything this time, I was able to avoid the Feb 2021 Direct leak but I doubt I'd be able to avoid it this time.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Why are people suddenly so pessimistic? We're still just as likely to have a baller E3 with a ton of exciting announcements. Even if Liam's right about M+R (and I don't think he is, though I haven't watched his Patreon video) there's still stuff like DK, Metroid, Xenoblade, and BoTW2 that are very likely to be at Nintendo's event. What else do people want exactly?

brykuhn91

Oct 27, 2017
I have quite a lot of hope for this E3 for Nintendo. If we look at the developers that Nintendo has and their close partners there should logically be lots ready to show. Obviously the Zelda team is working on BotW 2 which should be shown and released before next E3. Monoliths last major game was late 2017 with dlc for that game in 2018 they should be close to ready for a reveal. Hal Kirby team should be extremely close to their next game being ready to show as well as the Mario kart team whose last game major game was Arms back in 2017. EPD Tokyo did work on Bowsers fury but who knows how much resources that took. Lastly Mercury steam has had 4 years to work on a 2DS Metroid if that is what they are working on than that should be close.

With 3-4 years of dev time for lots of these studios, this year should be prime time for them to show off the goods, but there is still the big elephant in the room, covid. We don't know how much time all the teams lost during the still on going pandemic.

I think it's fair to be optimistic about the upcoming E3 presentation with all we know, but Nintendo is Nintendo and we can never be too sure what they are going to be doing.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I'm enjoying Ori and the Will of the Wisps but I have to say, the trial and error gameplay bits are getting really annoying, particularly the chase sequences. You basically have to do it perfectly to get all the way through, so it's a lot of spending half a second to see where you can jump to, dying, getting back to where you died, looking for the correct path, dying, making a bit of process, dying, repeat until you memorize the entire thing. And while the graphics are beautiful, there's sometimes too much shit going on on screen that you lose sight of Ori and/or you can't immediately see the path you're supposed to take.

applepie

Aug 11, 2020
I'm enjoying Ori and the Will of the Wisps but I have to say, the trial and error gameplay bits are getting really annoying, particularly the chase sequences. You basically have to do it perfectly to get all the way through, so it's a lot of spending half a second to see where you can jump to, dying, getting back to where you died, looking for the correct path, dying, making a bit of process, dying, repeat until you memorize the entire thing. And while the graphics are beautiful, there's sometimes too much shit going on on screen that you lose sight of Ori and/or you can't immediately see the path you're supposed to take.

Sounds like my opinion on Crash Bandicoot.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017

I know what you mean, but the speed at which it resets you and the lengths of the segments make it reasonably palatable. For instance, even with checkpoints I found DKCR and DKC:TF levels often much harder to get through.

Are you playing Switch or Xbox? I played on XSX and rarely felt like there was too much going on to see what to do, but a smaller screen might hurt the experience.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Listening to the Zelda portion of Nate's podcast reinforced my belief in BOTW 2 being a Holidays 2022/Q1 2023 game.

I guess we'll see in a few days
How was that your takeaway from their Zelda bit lol
Agreed, that was my problem with the first game, too. I also don't like how you can't change difficulty partway through.

Status
Not open for further replies.