• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
That's what I'm wondering! Where did all these copies go? The second they become "rare" they just disappear from retail. Honestly feel like it's people betting on these games going up in price due to recent events like a sequel or anime happening and it's not even genuine demand, I hate it.
I almost fell off my chair when I read that Travis Strikes Again for Switch is going for $80-100. It's crazy! Flippers and the like snagged up all of the clearance copies, waited a year, and now have complete control of the physical market. It sucks big time and this type of thing is gonna get so much worse. Physical prints will get smaller as time goes on.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Who was drunk last night? I'm drunk right now and say that my hope for Nintendo and E3 in general has never been higher. It's going to be an amazing week plus (even if it isn't).

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Are you guys ready for another week of reset the clock?
image.png

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
I almost fell off my chair when I read that Travis Strikes Again for Switch is going for $80-100. It's crazy! Flippers and the like snagged up all of the clearance copies, waited a year, and now have complete control of the physical market. It sucks big time and this type of thing is gonna get so much worse. Physical prints will get smaller as time goes on.

Weird shit. I'm looking at Gamestop Italy's site, and they're selling Travis Strikes again for €14,90 new.
Why did it become so rare in the US?

EDIT: I see the prices are going crazy on Amazon as well, thanks to your heads up I snagged my copy for €20 shipped since I'm going to play all the Kill the Past games, I prefer physical and I don't want to be scalped :D

Last edited:

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
Hah this is one of the last games I bought physically before I got sick of dealing with game carts. I should probably sell it I guess.

JimNastics

Jan 11, 2018
Hah this is one of the last games I bought physically before I got sick of dealing with game carts. I should probably sell it I guess.

Last was BOTW at launch for me, the decision was made mainly as I didn't fancy my (then) 5 year old dealing with carts... it forced my hand but, in hindsight, best decision ever. All digital is so awesome.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
THE E3 BEAR

BRINGING PRESENTS FOR ALL

splatoon 2 being a port was a funny one, because right after the snippet of splatoon 2 footage showed up in the Switch reveal video, anyone who played the first game was able to look closely and see that: all of the character and weapon models hadn't just been updated graphically but given new designs; the spawn animation and spawn area were totally redesigned; it was on a new map; the lighting was better, etc.

and then everyone just ignored that and kept calling it an updated port, and right up until the January event you had rumors saying "the Switch game will NOT be called Splatoon 2, because it's an updated deluxe version" and saying that it would be a launch window title while BOTW would miss launch
I remember this, the Mario thing and XB 2 not hitting 2017 vividly. Some people were going in hard. The egg on their face was hilarious.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Tried searching and didn't find anything. Hope this is the right thread too.

Has anyone noticed Amazon- U.S. seems to only have the Mexico & EU versions of many Nintendo published Switch games? I live in the North East if it matters.
smash.png

There's more too like Kirby Star Allies & Super Mario Party.
Take Super Mario Maker 2- the N.A. version is the only one not Prime eligible -
super_mario_maker.png

I wanted to get a copy of Breath of the Wild as I beat it on the Wii U and the only one with the ESRB rating is a digital code-
zelda.png

They might be the same base games, but I've read some DLC on the system is region locked. & I'm just curious about what's going on.

Is this what everyone else in the U.S. is getting as search results?

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
THE E3 BEAR

BRINGING PRESENTS FOR ALL

I remember this, the Mario thing and XB 2 not hitting 2017 vividly. Some people were going in hard. The egg on their face was hilarious.
Remember when people insisted that Mario would be an endless runner where you had no control of movements?

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
- Ubisoft
- Capcom
- Square Enix

Are very safe guesses. Bamco and T2 are also possible.

Tbh only the MS x Bethesda event is unlikely but even then, you could still multiplats making their way to Switch.

Yep, all those 3 are safe bets. The only unknown variable is wether Nintendo wants to make the announcements themselves, but if it's multiplatform games I think we're going to see them at the publishers' shows.

Shaoran Hyku

Aug 6, 2020
I still remember when the Nintendo Switch name was revealed, many people thought Nintendo should scrap that name and make NX the official name.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
It was a thread of posting pictures of E3 being set up and one of the containers had chipped paint in a shape that looked like a cartoon bear holding a sack over his shoulder, so someone photoshopped a cartoon bear using the shape and became E3 bear.
Neat!
This ban is ridiculous. It's not a fake-out link. Actually messed up.
Who was drunk last night? I'm drunk right now and say that my hope for Nintendo and E3 in general has never been higher. It's going to be an amazing week plus (even if it isn't).
I was extremely drunk last night and I share your optimism! I think Nintendo is gonna put on a great show.

Sep 8, 2020
Nintendo E3 2021 prediction.

- Presentation opens: *Smash logo* New Smash character: A Pokemon!
- "Hello! And welcome to Nintendo E3 Direct 2021. Bowser and me have some exciting stuff to show you. Let's begin."
- New Fire Emblem trailer. 2022. While all of this is happening, live chat will keep saying ZELDA for about 30 minutes btw.
- New Donkey Kong game. Short video explaining what the game will be like. See more at Treehouse. October 2021.
- "How's everyone doing?" *Third-party reel, some Indies, and a DC Superhero Boys-level game*
- "This next game from one of our partners is something we think you'll really like. Please enjoy." Bayonetta 3 trailer + gameplay + release date.
- Trailer fades. Metroid music plays. Metroid V/Dread trailer + gameplay. August 2021.
- Music fades again. Short Metroid Prime 4 gameplay and story tease. 2022.
- Eiji Aonouma fades in. Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 trailer + title reveal + gameplay reveal. Stay tuned for more on Nintendo Treehouse.
- Screen fades... November 16, 2021. The chat literally explodes.
- "This upcoming showcase will be our last game for this Direct. Stay tuned for more information on Zelda and all the other games we announced in this Direct in the upcoming Treehouse." Screen fades.
- Mario Sunshine 2 reveal. 2022.
- "That's our show!"

Nintendo Treehouse highlights:
- Breath of the Wild 2 gameplay as much as they possibly can
- Mario Golf
- Age of Calamity DLC trailer
- Metroid V gameplay
- Donkey Kong gameplay

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Neat!

This ban is ridiculous. It's not a fake-out link. Actually messed up.

I was extremely drunk last night and I share your optimism! I think Nintendo is gonna put on a great show.
Why was this poster given a ban for this post? They were pointing out that the Switch Pro trademark already exists for another product.
He's just posting about a fact. It's not a fake out. Ban should be removed imo

If you think a ban was applied erroneously (because a mod may have misunderstood something), you should probably report the post and explain why you think it did not break the fake-out rule. Mods can't be expected to read all individual posts in the thread, and might miss comment remarks about the ban.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
RagnarokX's ban seems completely unjustified just because someone tricked themselves because they needed to get a kneejerk reaction out.

LiC

Dec 1, 2017
I sent a moderation inquiry ticket about that ban. Also agree that posting about in the thread probably isn't going to be the favorable way of bringing it to the staff's attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.