• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you're going to post any direct leaks here just spoiler tag them and I hope any topics made on the leaks won't include the leaked material in the topic title.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Are we likely to get an update on Project Triangle Strategy at E3? Maybe a new demo? Right now, PTS is my most anticipated Switch game. I want that meaty tactics gameplay and deep narrative.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
I get what your saying, and I definitely used to agree with you. But in the last couple of years, it has seemed to me that everything he does isn't just out of a love of games, but is a self-serving series of claims to try and boost his own clout in the industry.

I don't hate him or anything. He mostly just annoys me. Not worth much more than an eye roll, imo.
It's a fair concern, but he popped into the thread a couple days ago to address that, inclined to take him at face value

Taking credit

SGF and Nintendo

Irene

Feb 22, 2021
Is it just me or does a vast majority of fake leaks have BotW2 subtitles containing either "Malice", "Darkness" or "of the Wild"?

I think there's no way BotW2 will keep "of the Wild". It will be named something completely off. I don't even think it'll have a "the".

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or does a vast majority of fake leaks have BotW2 subtitles containing either "Malice", "Darkness" or "of the Wild"?

I think there's no way BotW2 will keep "of the Wild". It will be named something completely off. I don't even think it'll have a "the".

So just Legend of Zelda?

;)

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017

Yeah, the ones like "Death of the Wild" are the worst.
Many of them are very Zelda: Edge of the Edge.

Hey that doesn't contain breath or wild.

Cevan

Sep 18, 2020
UK

i have a feeling the title is gonna follow the same 'x of the y' format but titles people come up with like 'malice of darkness' 'evil of the wild' etc are so cringe-worthy to me lol

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Luigi's Mansion would really be the best analog since it was made by the same studio. Next Level did have to change the artstyle to make it more cartoony than the GC original. But as we all know Luigi's Mansion 2&3 still look fantastic and different enough from the platformers. I think they could do the same thing with Strikers if they had the chance.

Mario Tennis and Golf always looked like generic Mario, that didn't really change.

I think they could make it feel different from the usual Mario fare but a lot of the "edginess" of the originals would be lost. At least according to Imran, they were partially responsible for Nintendo's tight grip on the portrayal of Mario:

It's difficult to say for sure how a Strikers 3 would turn out but Tanabe's comments on what they're allowed to do in Paper Mario do give me some pause (as much as I enjoyed Origami King).

Ultimately, it would still be Mario and frankly, there's already plenty Mario or Mario-adjacent games as is. Just on the Switch we got:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario Odyssey

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Super Mario Party
Super Smash Bros.

Yoshi's Crafted World
New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
Super Mario Maker 2
Luigi's Mansion 3

Paper Mario: The Origami King
Super Mario 3D All-Stars
Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit
Super Mario 35 (RIP)

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
Mario Golf Super Rush

And we're bound to get more. This list obviously doesn't tell the whole story. Some of these games feel more unique than others, some are only tangentially related to the Mario universe these days (like Donkey Kong). But they've been pretty successful pushing new stuff recently so I'd like to see them try to rely less on Mario going forward. It's why I mourn the loss of AlphaDream but wouldn't really mind Mario & Luigi ending as a series.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Might sound a little self serving, but I think you (among others) are too hard on him. Sure he's a bit over keen and that can be grating (especially if you're a jaded bitter ars*hole like me), but the dude just loves games and wants to spread that joy. Some of y'all treat him like some nefarious character, it's really not that deep. I know it's easy to meme on the guy, essentially my whole identity here other than Metroid, but I'm not mean spirited about it.
Agreed, people dunk on him like he's some kind of SamusHunter-esque fake leaker but all he really does is Tweet about gaming events lol. Very much a stretch to say he's trying to take credit for any of them.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My yearly calendar is made for me so I don't select my time off. I've been off since the 24th of May and go back the 14th so I just missed E3. Womp
Talk about bad timing...

I do, Nintendo's presentation is right in the middle of my work day here so there is no way I'd be able to watch if I don't. Other years I tend to wait with no social media until I am free but after NO E3 last year that's not an option
I don't blame you lol.

LuckyNumber69

Apr 30, 2021
I think they could make it feel different from the usual Mario fare but a lot of the "edginess" of the originals would be lost. At least according to Imran, they were partially responsible for Nintendo's tight grip on the portrayal of Mario:

It's difficult to say for sure how a Strikers 3 would turn out but Tanabe's comments on what they're allowed to do in Paper Mario do give me some pause (as much as I enjoyed Origami King).

I wonder if IS going too far with Super Paper Mario was the other major reason? Maybe Koizumi putting *gasp* story in Galaxy 1 contributed, too?

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
There's always one. I'm sorta leaning towards us getting a surprise 2D Zelda game for the holidays.
This is legitimately a position I've come around to after several years of 2D Zelda anxiety and then spending time this week joking around about Nintendo announcing and releasing a 2D Zelda before BotW2 releases.

The online anger when the holiday line up is 2D DK, 2D Metroid, 2D Zelda, and a Pokemon remake. :-o

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking. Nintendo will probably announce the most first party games (for Switch) in this direct since the Switch presentation. The Switch presentation had 5 games from Nintendo themselves.

We could get DK, Metroid, Kirby, Super Mario Party 2, Monolith's new game, EPD 9's new game, Fire Emblem all as options.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking. Nintendo will probably announce the most first party games (for Switch) in this direct since the Switch presentation. The Switch presentation had 5 games from Nintendo themselves.

We could get DK, Metroid, Kirby, Super Mario Party 2, Monolith's new game, EPD 9's new game, Fire Emblem all as options.

I don't think we're getting EPD 9s new game announced here. Since that would hurt sales of MK8DX.

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
This is legitimately a position I've come around to after several years of 2D Zelda anxiety and then spending time this week joking around about Nintendo announcing and releasing a 2D Zelda before BotW2 releases.

The online anger when the holiday line up is 2D DK, 2D Metroid, 2D Zelda, and a Pokemon remake. :-o
Especially since the Pokemon remake is also 2D lmao

"What the fuck Nintendo did you just forget how to make 3D games or something?!?"

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
I bought Bravely Default 2 2 days ago and the game is great so far but...holy he'll why is it so difficult even on easy ?! I completed BD and BS and they were much easier. I'm at chapter 1 and that first dungeon was rather hard but the boss Orpheus is something else. Is it some kind of difficulty spike or will the game be that challenging from now on ? I don't think I would have the time and patience to go through it if that's the case.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Insane month, yeah. Even without E3 there are enough RPGs alone to carry the rest of 2021 for me.

I'm quite intrigued by Ys IX, first Falcom game to actually get me interested. Gameplay looks solid but I need details on how decent the story is and the Switch port.

As for MH Stories 2, I'll wait for reviews and probably get it after Capcom does deep discounts.

July is stacked as it is lol: Skyward Sword, Great Ace Attorney, NEO and MH Stories 2.
And if that wasn't enough, Disgaea 6 is basically an honorary July game, since it's out June 29th :P

Catalyst

Oct 6, 2020

Oh I get that, they would totally have to remove things like Daisy's "hot stuff" taunt and Waluigi's crotch chop. But I still love the gameplay of Strikers so even if the characters had less "edginess" that's a small price to pay for a new game. Games like Mario Golf on the 3DS and LM3 still gave the characters a lot of personality.

EDIT: and the Paper Mario stuff was mostly about character design, which doesn't apply to Strikers since that game had no new characters.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Tried the series back on Vita, but never got into it tbh. I enjoy the writing and its humour, but other than that...
The only one I've played is 5, and I liked it, but it definitely got a little... repetitive? Grindy? Like, one of the things I like about FETH is that your ability to grind and manage your levels and XP is limited. So encounters feel pretty balanced and it's hard to be over or underleveled too much. In Disgaea 5, though, I often found that later in the late game I'd be significantly underleveled when I went to a new chapter. But all I had to do was run like one grind map in the cheat shop and then I'd be good. It felt like a lot of "create your own difficulty" going on, which I am not a fan of/very good at.

That said, the game is so bonkers in a lot of ways I still had a good amount of fun with it.

Catalyst

Oct 6, 2020
The Legend of Zelda: The Wild Malice Darkness of Breath.

Gotta combine all the dumb fan titles into one.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Okay real talk. What are the chances of a decent e3 sale. I'm really hoping to snag Mario 3D World or New Super Mario U for some co-op goodness.

Also, what are the best co-op games on Switch? I just finished It Takes Two which is 100% my GOTY, and I'm in the mood for more!

SpookyTango

Mar 1, 2020
Nearly there guys. 2020 was barren in terms of news, with no big info drops from Nintendo and no E3.

We finally got a Direct earlier this year, but I think most people would say it was solid, not spectacular. But It feels like we're due a good showing.

Hoping for a more calm week on here. lol

Just because it was not in the form of a full Nintendo Direct does not mean 2020 was barren of news, there was actually quite a bit in 2020 -

- There were 19 worldwide video presentations they did including:
- - 4 Sakurai Presents videos covering 4 new smash ultimate characters that released in 2020.
- - 3 Indie World directs like they usually do.
- - 3 Separate Pokemon Presents videos
- - 1 Nintendo Direct Mini in March
- - 4 Nintendo Direct Partner Showcases four months in row July-October
- - 1 Mario 35 Anniversary presentation in September
- - 1 Monster Hunter Direct in September
- - 1 Super Nintendo World Presentation/Direct in December
- - 1 Animal Crossing Direct back in February

And this doesn't include the Twitter Drops they did for games like Paper Mario and The Origami King, and Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity.

In dealing with a Pandemic their main news cycle was a bit different than most years where a lot of the major news comes in the middle of the year around E3 and was instead more towards the beginning and end of the year. But the information was more spread out since every company and team was likely out of sync in dealing in their own way with Pandemic restrictions and had their own time table for when they could actually release info.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I've been holding off on buying Captain Toad (and a few other titles) so far, (foolishly?) hoping for a sale around E3 time.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
To come up with the ultimate BotW2 subtitle, we just got to look at the masterpiece that is Shadow the Hedgehog's ending names.

Take your pick!

http://info.sonicretro.org/List_of_Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Library_sequences
68a.jpg

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Okay real talk. What are the chances of a decent e3 sale. I'm really hoping to snag Mario 3D World or New Super Mario U for some co-op goodness.

Also, what are the best co-op games on Switch? I just finished It Takes Two which is 100% my GOTY, and I'm in the mood for more!
It's a bit too early for 3D World to go on sale, given that it literally just came out, but NSMBU should go on sale for like 40 bucks or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.