• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i believe sony would invite game journalist to it (like last time), if it was the ps5, since no journalist got any invitation that we know about, i think its safe to assume its not ps5 related

Oct 27, 2017
I would love CES to have at least some 4K media mention that highlights 4K gaming on PS5 and 4K UHD. I'm sure Sony is hoping 100M+ PS5 units sold over the gen will boost the UHD market like BR was in 2006-2012.

but I doubt PS5 has any presence other than "and later this year we will launch the best next gen platform" and that's it

I think PS Now was a big part of their CES 2014 but that was a long time ago. Maybe they'll reveal PS Now coming to TVs (Fire, Roku, iOS) officially with a Dual Shock being all that's required? Makes sense to open it up to more non PS platforms, unless they already have and I missed it. I know it's on PC.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I would guess the most we will learn about the new consoles will be from AMD revealing some tech.

I could be wrong though, obv.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
What if they announce the Xperia Vita? I'd be down for Sony to try and make a gaming phone happen again, especially now with the streaming wars looming in the shadows and mobile games becoming on par with console games.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
playstation-tweet.png

This was their wording for the PS4 reveal event.
carpe futurae

seize the carp

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The PS9 will be revealed, which is actually the spiritual successor to the Walkman.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
They need to solve the dead pixel problems in their screens once and for all (got that on my PS Vita and 2 Sony LCD screens) and to drop the prices to an affordable level like Samsung so I may reconsider getting one of their TVs again.

Doorakz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Either way, I'll be there at CES all week. So I'm stoked to see if it is PlayStation related at all.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
I tried their next gen binaural thing with deezer and it's pretty amazing with good mixes, i'd love to hear some soundtrack with it (ot could it be used in games on PS5 ?)

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this what Microsoft tried to do with the Xbox One in 2013?

Sony tried it with the PS3 back in 2006 :V

Always a Red Flag to me when 1st Parties try to reposition their next console as an "All In One Entertainment Center". It went badly for the PS3, bad for the WiiU, and bad for the Xbone.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Sony tried it with the PS3 back in 2006 :V

Always a Red Flag to me when 1st Parties try to reposition their next console as an "All In One Entertainment Center". It went badly for the PS3, bad for the WiiU, and bad for the Xbone.
Indeed. Sony has decent first parties but I'm not going to lie, their Operating system is a mess! The user interface is fine but there's so much other minor annoyances that don't really give me the confidence that they can build an all-in-one device.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Videogames are so yesterday. New "sensations and emotions"? They are getting into pharmaceuticals and are gonna announce some kind of weird cyberpunk entertainment drug.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
They will tease PS5 with possibly the console design, and then invite the press to "Learn more about it" at PSMeeting in February.