• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
did you know sony still sell walkman?

they got specialty ones that cost over a thousand dollars

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure a future is coming but I would be shocked if it is a stronger machine than XSX. I will most likely turn my PS5 into a JRPG machine much like I've done with my PS4.

Ironically JRPGs never use that kind of power outside of FF.

Edit; I dong think PS5 will actually be shown at CES.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
You just have to love people pretending to know that Sony would never do PS5 marketing stuff at CES when they're just coming out of a year in which they skipped E3 and revealed their next-gen plans through Wired articles (and after Microsoft revealed their console at the damn Game Awards).

I'm not saying it'll happen, but I wouldn't be shocked it if did.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
69K TV

s2ejdzhzijrz.gif
Now that's a nice TV.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Really doubt they would announce anything at CES.

Can't wait for people to watch that keynote with no PS5 news then grumble about it not having been revealed.

Would be a surprise if they announced anything PS related. Maybe the PS meeting announcement date.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
it's not relevant. lol
You don't think the fact that a majority of people rejected the idea of a device targeting the lounge room instead of just being a gaming device relevant? I mean, sure Xbox One had other problems (DRM, Kinect, and price) but at the core of it a lot of people hated the idea of a device that was trying to do it all rather than focus on just gaming. In fact, its because of Microsoft's focus on stuff besides gaming (and also the social climate) that led to the Xbox One being behind on power.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Isn't this what Microsoft tried to do with the Xbox One in 2013?
Ms mistake is not showing enough games alongside their tv tv tv spiel. People say they want game focused hardware, but plenty people are upset when they found ps4 pro not having 4k bluray playback.

Imo people do want all in 1 entertainment system, just not at the expense of lesser gaming machine

Also, I think the always online bit hurt MS more than their tv talk

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Ms mistake is not showing enough games alongside their tv tv tv spiel. People say they want game focused hardware, but plenty people are upset when they found ps4 pro not having 4k bluray playback.

Imo people do want all in 1 entertainment system, just not at the expense of lesser gaming machine

Also, I think the always online bit hurt MS more than their tv talk
I mean, they said at the event why there was little focus on games... because E3 was literally three weeks after the event.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
You just have to love people pretending to know that Sony would never do PS5 marketing stuff at CES when they're just coming out of a year in which they skipped E3 and revealed their next-gen plans through Wired articles (and after Microsoft revealed their console at the damn Game Awards).

I'm not saying it'll happen, but I wouldn't be shocked it if did.

Same, though at the same time, typical Sony would have at least thrown up a quick "hooray CES is coming" type post on the PS Blog beforehand to hint at there being PS presence.

I'd rather pleasant surprises than let downs though so I'll keep myself unassuming. :)

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Are they finally going to update their online servers from the PS2 era?

Jade1962

Oct 28, 2017
Can't see it happening but would like them too. I feel like we won't get major PS5 news until TLOU2 launches. Then shortly after that full blowout at E3.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I wanna see Sony show off a consumer level Crystal LED TV set! Please do it Sony! If you have an insanely expensive one next year then MAYBE I can pick up a less insanely expensive one in 2021 to go with my PS5! :)

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Want to see some XM4s announced. Picked up the XM3 for $250 couple months ago and could probably sell them off for $200 to cover the cost difference.

Jade1962

Oct 28, 2017
That's way too late for a fall launch.

Not when Fall is really November. Also don't know if it still counts still but Andrew house was on record as saying they want to make announcements closer to launch. And after that they announced the Pro just a few months before launch. What does announcing in February do that announcing in April/May doesn't?

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not when Fall is really November. Also don't know if it still counts still but Andrew house was on record as saying they want to make announcements closer to launch. And after that they announced the Pro just a few months before launch. What does announcing in February do that announcing in April/May doesn't?

Time for marketing.

Reveal in Feb and more info in June (E3) worked perfectly for PS4.

They aren't going to wait half a year before giving more info while MS has already started its reveal process.

No. Sony surprising with PS5 info during their CES keynote would be like MS talking Xbox at Ignite, it's the wrong crowd.

Thanks, makes sense.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I feel if the PS5 was to be at CES then Sony would flat out drop hints to ensure the maximum amount of eyes on it. There will be people watching, but nowhere NEAR the level of an actual PS Meeting.

I think at most we'll get a reference to the PS5 at some point and if we're lucky maybe they'll announce the date of the PS Meeting there.

Jade1962

Oct 28, 2017
Time for marketing.

Reveal in Feb and more info in June (E3) worked perfectly for PS4.

They aren't going to wait half a year before giving more info while MS has already started its reveal process.

Thanks, makes sense.

But Sony started it's reveal process as well with the wired articles. I understand PS4 launch went well but I don't buy that they are going to exactly mirror a marketing strategy from 7 years ago. The wired articles, skipping E3 and SOPs are proof of that already. I feel we will get more info early in the year but the reveal will be closer to E3 this time around. Only time will tell.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
I'm expecting to hear a lot about software in OLED, new Camera Sensors, and maybe something on headphones technology.