• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would actually like to finish super mario rpg. I got half way through it on the snes classic i borrowed from a buddy before he needed it back.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Darn it. I saw the bump and got excited do a minute about there being an update

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Because when they launched the nes app it was only 2/3 games ? Same situation

i mean i totally miss the monthly releases--- would we have preferred they just continued with the 2/3 a month?

I kinda liked that people focused on the monthly releases myself, as it was more of an event---- however i hardly think that nintendo's scammed us

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i mean i totally miss the monthly releases--- would we have preferred they just continued with the 2/3 a month?

I kinda liked that people focused on the monthly releases myself, as it was more of an event---- however i hardly think that nintendo's scammed us
Poor wording. Still not fair from Nintendo. But kinda expected from them.

Deleted member 49166

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
I'm also hoping for an update soon, however having the App I realized it was mainly not having SNES games which was annoying to me (nostalgia). Except from Super Mario World 1&2 I didn't spend much time in the App.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder when they're going to restock those SNES controllers? I know at some point the website said January but now it just says "check back soon." I want one for 2D games.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
i bet nintendo gave us a bunch of SNES games because they don't have any licenses sorted out yet for further games using this service

It wouldn't surprise me if there are some weird rights issues holding up the DKCs and Mario RPG since those feel like the most obvious missing games that would be in a SNES collection that aren't (like Castlevania IV, Megaman X, Secret of Mana) in a compilation sold separately, and they were both done with companies now very external to Nintendo.

though it is kind of weird the nes game set doesnt have urban champion even now

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
This thread bump is evil.

Considering I still have games to play, I don't feel that unhappy about the situation. However, if it keeps up like this I'm going to unsubscribe... AGAIN. Here's hoping for a Christmas batch.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
"Hey guys, the removal of the monthly update might mean MORE games!"

I have so many bridges to sell all of you

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
It wouldn't surprise me if there are some weird rights issues holding up the DKCs and Mario RPG since those feel like the most obvious missing games that would be in a SNES collection that aren't (like Castlevania IV, Megaman X, Secret of Mana) in a compilation sold separately, and they were both done with companies now very external to Nintendo.

though it is kind of weird the nes game set doesnt have urban champion even now

have those konami collections sold well? i mean if they have, that probably causes rights holders to think twice about licensing their stuff for SNES online.

if a DKC collection came out, it'd probably sell like gangbusters

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
have those konami collections sold well? i mean if they have, that probably causes rights holders to think twice about licensing their stuff for SNES online.

I think they have (no numbers to compare with), but they also have the advantage of releasing multiplatform, so they're not just selling to Switch owners. I got the castlevania collection on PC, actually.

Deleted member 5334

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still stand by my statement I still think they should've offered an option to purchase the games as a seperate SKU, similar how they handled it for the Virtual Console branding. I do wonder if that maybe played in part of getting agreements for third party content, especially given how some are just selling them as collections... But that's just needless speculation on my part.

That aside, yeah, they seem to be keeping their word about infrequent updates going forward now.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
I want Mario Paint.
Man I put hours and hours into that as a kid.

Would you be able to use a BT or USB mouse maybe?

In any case. I want more SNES games!

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017
Wish they would detail how they are gonna do releases for now on. Like any communication about it would be nice cause we just kinda left in the dark since they released it. It's strange that we haven't had anything for both October and this month, not even NES. Hopefully we find out what's going on soon

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
They better dump a bunch of games whenever they get around to actually updating the thing.

Inb4 they add 3 new games or less and then silence for another 4 months.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
We're probably about due for another Direct, right? Maybe another big drop there
Next proper Direct will probably be in January, with a major Nintendo announcement or two during The Game Awards in December to hold us over for a bit. At least that's how things have panned out for the past couple years.

I imagine NES and SNES library updates will be relegated to "somewhere between 3 and 10 games added to each system whenever there's a Direct" for the foreseeable future.

Deleted member 43657

Banned
May 19, 2018
I think there will be an update once all NSO subscribers roll credits on at least 50% of the currently available games.

Status
Not open for further replies.