Status
Not open for further replies.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
So, these big NES and SNES libraries are available to play as soon as you sign up for Nintendo Online?

I suppose you need to keep the subscription active in order to play the games (like PS+), but do you need to be online to play them?

Any other caveats to the service one should know about before jumping in? It seems too good to be true.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
So, these big NES and SNES libraries are available to play as soon as you sign up for Nintendo Online?

I suppose you need to keep the subscription active in order to play the games (like PS+), but do you need to be online to play them?

Any other caveats to the service one should know about before jumping in? It seems too good to be true.

I think the app checks every other week if you're suscribed. You can totally play off line outside these checks.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mario World, Star Fox, and Kirby's Dreamland 3 all done 100%.

I think I'll do Yoshi next.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
do you guys think they will ever add borders to the snes games? id love the curtain one from the snes classic..loved playing final fantasy on it with them, really enhanced the story aspect like I was watching a play..weird i know lol
They should add all of the Super Game Boy borders, including the Super Game Boy 2 ones, along with the option to set a damn black border.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Started Link to the Past today for the first time. (I played a little bit years ago but never really got anywhere)

I made it to the dark world after beating the wizard. I really like it so far. Died quite a bit, but that is because I like to play aggressive more than anything. I really like how your progress is saved if you die in a dungeon. It makes the game more forgiving. I was surprised how the master sword came that early in the game (compared to BOTW and SS). Looking forward to playing more tomorrow!

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Started Link to the Past today for the first time. (I played a little bit years ago but never really got anywhere)

I made it to the dark world after beating the wizard. I really like it so far. Died quite a bit, but that is because I like to play aggressive more than anything. I really like how your progress is saved if you die in a dungeon. It makes the game more forgiving. I was surprised how the master sword came that early in the game (compared to BOTW and SS). Looking forward to playing more tomorrow!

It's a GOAT tier game. Enjoy

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy how much muscle memory has been retained returning to Super Ghouls'n Ghosts after having not played/finished it since near original release. And it seems like slowdown isn't as bad? It's been a damn long time though, so I could be wrong.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
No games this month ...
Yet, updates are usually the third week and announcements the second. They still said regular releases and it's likely they may drop nes for a few months for an intial Snes focus. We likely will get something this month

For reference most nes release announcements were on the 9/10 of each month, so don't despair. Heck we even had an announcement on the third week before

Woylie

May 9, 2018
My prediction is that we'll get less frequent updates (maybe every 3 or 4 months) with a bigger wave of games (like 5-10) in order to have each update be more hype-inducing, since I imagine they saw that the monthly NES releases weren't actually bringing people back to the app as much as they expected/hoped.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
My prediction is that we'll get less frequent updates (maybe every 3 or 4 months) with a bigger wave of games (like 5-10) in order to have each update be more hype-inducing, since I imagine they saw that the monthly NES releases weren't actually bringing people back to the app as much as they expected/hoped.
Eh after the holidays maybe, but for the same reason they launched the original service then Snes in September is to get increased interest, I expect monthly additions for Oct/nov/dec then for things to quiet down after, plus most monthly updates get announced on the 9/10(or even later on occasion) so we can't rule it out yet

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Why didn't anyone tell me that Kirby's Dream Course is fantastic?

Was going to skip it in my playthrough of the series but seeing as it was readily available here I thought I'd try it out and I love it!

Rewind feature really lowers the frustration as well, up to course 6 of 8 and it's been a cruisy little romp.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017

Was going to skip it in my playthrough of the series but seeing as it was readily available here I thought I'd try it out and I love it!

Rewind feature really lowers the frustration as well, up to course 6 of 8 and it's been a cruisy little romp.

It's a fantastic game, it always was and still is, it actually holds up so well that it really makes me wonder why we didn't get any sequel or anything that copies the formula to be honest o.o Enjoy your time with it! :)

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Man all this talk about how Link's Awakening lags and remember how a lot of NES and SNES games had all this slowdown as well? I also remember distinctly the frame-drops in Ocarina of Time on an N64 when you shoot Ganondorf with light arrows. As if Nintendo always had perfect polish in their games.

Deleted member 14663

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man all this talk about how Link's Awakening lags and remember how a lot of NES and SNES games had all this slowdown as well? I also remember distinctly the frame-drops in Ocarina of Time on an N64 when you shoot Ganondorf with light arrows. As if Nintendo always had perfect polish in their games.

Can't really compare that since N64 games ran at like 20fps. But their track record has been pretty much perfection ever since the Gamecube I think, when it comes to polish and performance.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
I need more RPGs on this. I beat Breath of Fire so Nintendo knows the genre is being played snd more titles need to release, pronto!

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

It's always been one of the best SNES games and one of the games that would be insanely fun to revisit in a new game.
But it never got the credit it deserves.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
kids these days

i mean that unironically

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I need more RPGs on this. I beat Breath of Fire so Nintendo knows the genre is being played snd more titles need to release, pronto!
I mean we know 2 is in the pipeline as a when not if... what I'm craving is The Legend of the Mystical Ninja!(I mean the entire Quadogy would be cool)

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I sold my original Switch before the SNES announcement and I swear I bought the Switch Lite only because of the SNES games. I need more RPGs tho. Man, the SNES has the coolest lineup of any console.

Mr_Bubbles

Jan 28, 2018
Ok, I missed the two hour window in which the controllers where available in Europe yesterday. 2020 it is....

Mar 9, 2018
I'm trying to finish a replay of SMW. An honest playthrough, no star road shenanigans. And I've looked online at this point for the solution, but I just want to say that whoever designed Bowser Valley Ghost House's secret exit might have violated the Geneva Conventions.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I finished Link to the Past today. Wow what a gem. I loved the dungeons the most. The level design was great. So glad I finally played through this game. At this point it falls second place in my favorite Zelda games I have finished behind BOTW.

Next I think I will dab in Demon's Crest.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I finished Link to the Past today. Wow what a gem. I loved the dungeons the most. The level design was great. So glad I finally played through this game. At this point it falls second place in my favorite Zelda games I have finished behind BOTW.

Next I think I will dab in Demon's Crest.

You're sure you actually finished Link to the Past, right? 😉

Demon's Crest is awesome. But, I believe there is a way for you to not see the whole game. Been forever since I played it. But, you might want to look up what you have to do so you actually do see it all in that one.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I played a few hours of Demon's Crest yesterday. Wow what a crazy game. Definitely was getting some Super Ghoul's and Ghost vibes in the start up. Seeing that Capcom opening screen and sound really took me back. Luckily the game itself is easier than that damn Super Ghoul's and Ghosts game.

As for the game it self, it reminded me of my youth when I would rent a random game and the local video store. The game is really cool with the open world and the power-ups. My only complaint so far is that the hitbox's on the enemies are not very forgiving, although some of the power ups fix that problem.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
I played a few hours of Demon's Crest yesterday. Wow what a crazy game. Definitely was getting some Super Ghoul's and Ghost vibes in the start up. Seeing that Capcom opening screen and sound really took me back. Luckily the game itself is easier than that damn Super Ghoul's and Ghosts game.

As for the game it self, it reminded me of my youth when I would rent a random game and the local video store. The game is really cool with the open world and the power-ups. My only complaint so far is that the hitbox's on the enemies are not very forgiving, although some of the power ups fix that problem.
It's a really cool game that has some rough edges. The non-linear progression is pretty neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.