• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2019
I like Shu, but you guys can be ignorant of Bolsonaro, but you are not the head of SIE WWS Studios, so please don't use that rhetoric. Shu should do his homework and not retweet fascists. Not that hard and not excusable. Takes 10 seconds to Google.

If that takes too much time, he should get a social media manager.

I don't know who is Bolsonaro, i don't follow politics from any country. Do you follow politics, for example, from Tuvalu? And i really won't do every single time a google research ( neither Shu is doing that ) for any tweet account which is retweeted by Shu.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Because no one cares about Dreams, really. What a commercial failure it will be. Shame.
What I learned since mario maker is that designing a good level alone is hard as fuck. Let alone create the mechanics from ground up and then hoping you have a solid basis to create something people wanna spend their time on. What made LBP more popular is that it had a solid basis which was LBP, while also giving options to be more creative. Writing was on the wall for dreams and it is what it is.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
What I learned since mario maker is that designing a good level alone is hard as fuck. Let alone create the mechanics from ground up and then hoping you have a solid basis to create something people wanna spend their time on. What made LBP more popular is that it had a solid basis which was LBP, while also giving options to be more creative. Writing was on the wall for dreams and it is what it is.

I still believe that it can be sleeper hit...if the Creators Tool becomes F2P when PS5 drops and it comes installed with every PS5 and MM content be the only thing paid on it.

ps. Also obviously: if Sony gives it the push it deserves !

Oct 25, 2017
Because no one cares about Dreams, really. What a commercial failure it will be. Shame.
I think the expectations around Dreams are different. It doesn't have to sell notably well (it would be nice if it did, of course). I think this more of a long term venture that they want to use to leverage other ideas.

Stuff like this. This one in particular nurtures partnerships and if it brings about a cool game, maybe they can do more with it. It could be the next big indie game or what not.

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
Can we please go back to the other obnoxious topics and stop concern trolling Dreams?
That game has no campaign, no VR, no multiplayer, no retail version and no marketing yet. Bitch all you want if MMs full game bombs, most PlayStation owners still buy games because of campaigns.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
I don't know who is Bolsonaro, i don't follow politics from any country. Do you follow politics, for example, from Tuvalu? And i really won't do every single time a google research ( neither Shu is doing that ) for any tweet account which is retweeted by Shu.

The leader of one of the most important emerging markets in the world is known to EVERYONE in the business world who has a global product.
Especially when this leader is a corrupt neofascist.

There is zero chance Shu didn't know Bolsonaro.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine and i said IMAGINE, if God of War 2 is a PS5 launch title? I don't think I can survive that.

I'll see your God Of War and Raise you a Horizon Zero Dawn 2 with MHW style multiplayer!

so_good.png

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Brazil is one of their biggest markets worlwide, I even believe they opened a factory there. As I've said before, you, a resetera member who is not a directive of a multinational company wouldn't do the search, but he could have taken the time. It doesn't matter, since he took down the retweet and his like. Wonder why he'd do that if it weren't as bad as some of you guys make it seem.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting thirsty for an info dump. Concrete Genie, Iron Man VR, TLoU Part II would make for a great SoP.

It's been almost double the amount of time between SoP Episode 1 and 2, than Episode 2 and today.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
You peopel should stop using your person experiences, just because you cant create does not mean that the community cant

I totally agree with that.
As someone who entered the Early Access with 0 intentions of creating anything I'm amazed with some of the experiences I had so far.
But like you said "community can create" and if the game doesn't get a big community this means less creations.
I really want to see Dreams sucess because I want to see it with a health community that delivers on content.
Sadly the lack of hype and Sony efforts so far doesn't expire me confidence on how big this community can be.
That's why I think for Creators Tool F2P should be the way to go, even if not at launch.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I'm getting thirsty for an info dump. Concrete Genie, Iron Man VR, TLoU Part II would make for a great SoP.

It's been almost double the amount of time between SoP Episode 1 and 2, than Episode 2 and today.
i remember that cyberia said a few days ago he heard that Concrete Genie previews go up this tuesday, but if there was a state of play attached i think that would have been announced already.
so if he is right, then i guess also no episode on this upcoming week as marketing will focus on concrete genie....

Oct 25, 2017
The constant conversation of flop and bomb to any game by Sony not made my Nd,GG and SSM is the most annoying part of this thread I rather y'all talk about the same 2-3 games over and over than concern troll the shit y'all have no interest in

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
lmao I suppose you haven't tried it because you don't have to make everything from scratch. You can take someone's character and remix it in your game. Same with assets and levels. MM even has their own starter characters and texture pack to use and they'll probably sell more remade stuff as cheap dlc like in LBP.

Last edited:

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Currently Dreams is in "creator beta", essentially a way for Mm to measure how creators use the engine, how they test its limits, and potentially change those limits if necessary.

Dreams at release will have single player content of distinct genres (adventure, platformer, and point and click) and provide all the assets and mechanics that go with those games for the community to use. If you tried the beta you would see that since its launch Mm have made additional assets, usable characters, and basic frameworks for games available to allow people to not have to start from the ground up.

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
Dreams is the final hope of a power stone-esque fighting game with Playstation characters & a Kart Racer with Playstation characters.

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
Era gonna Era. So you're telling me Shy retweeted Bolsonaro !?? How dare he, I want Shu to publicly apologize and be fired.
Seriously tho, some people here need to chill BIG TIME

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
I've mentioned this before, but MM should collab with the other WWS and create short mini-game experiences using Sony IPs in different ways: God of War 2D platformer hack 'n' slash, isometric HZD collectathon, Uncharted kart racer, etc.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody have any news on whether Days Gone is getting full DLC or are we just expecting these challenges? I'm enjoying them but I do want more story if possible, perhaps a small extension to the map as well.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I've mentioned this before, but MM should collab with the other WWS and create short mini-game experiences using Sony IPs in different ways: God of War 2D platformer hack 'n' slash, isometric HZD collectathon, Uncharted kart racer, etc.
i'd say go even further, invite developers from all around the world to create short games, not just from WWS.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
I'm here for this. It would be cute.

Yes, it would be great, a really nice way to celebrate making games and the history of these studios. Also, nice way for them to stretch their legs and so stuff they normally wouldn't be able to, play around in different genre and explore some stuff. Would generate some hype for Dreams and showcase some genre staple designs and mechanics, as well.

If I remember correctly, they said some time ago that some studios had an interest in doing this.

Hopefully that's the case, it would be awesome :D

i'd say go even further, invite developers from all around the world to create short games, not just from WWS.

Ideally, yeah. I mentioned the WWS because it would be simpler, as Sony controls the studios and the IPs, but it would be neat if the likes of Insomniac, Supermassive, Housemarque chipped in with their own little experiences.

Jan 17, 2019
The leader of one of the most important emerging markets in the world is known to EVERYONE in the business world who has a global product.
Especially when this leader is a corrupt neofascist.

There is zero chance Shu didn't know Bolsonaro.

Yeah, but Brasil isn't the one of the biggest market for PlayStation, no matter how country is big or is it one most emerging market or not, same crap for China ( although, Shu surely knows who is the leader in neighboring country ) There is a very high possibility that Shu didn't know who Bolsonara is ( neither do i ).

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017

It would be a great way to maintain hype around it : monthly game by SIE studios. It doesn't have to be necessarily an existent IP but imagine every SIE studio having a month to deliver a game from scratch made on Dreams.
Maybe an intern 'competition' ? A "DOTY" challenge by SIE would be cool !

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, things got weird in here fora while. Let's discuss something more exciting - acquisitions! :)

Come on Sony, buy Capcom already!

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
The constant conversation of flop and bomb to any game by Sony not made my Nd,GG and SSM is the most annoying part of this thread I rather y'all talk about the same 2-3 games over and over than concern troll the shit y'all have no interest in
Besides ND, people had serious concerns about Horizon Zero Dawn and the new God of War. Horizon was voted most likely game to disappoint/bomb for 2017 on NeoGAF before its launch. Furthermore, people were already complaining about the camera and no jumping when God of War was first revealed to the point of people seeing it failing at launch. So no...

To me, the most annoying part of this thread is people dismissing any potential multiplayer features for the Horizon Zero Dawn sequel. People seems to forget that Horizon was initially envisioned as a co-op featured game. :/

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
It would be a great way to maintain hype around it : monthly game by SIE studios. It doesn't have to be necessarily an existent IP but imagine every SIE studio having a month to deliver a game from scratch made on Dreams.
Maybe an intern 'competition' ? A "DOTY" challenge by SIE would be cool !
Maybe a Game Jam among SIE WWS? Have small teams of 5-10 people work on these collabs.
They need to buy someone or something if they want to be apart of the content war next gen. 2 big AAA exclusives a year won't cut it next gen.
Lol. Sure... with budgets ballooning. I don't see this going that much higher.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
They need to buy someone or something if they want to be apart of the content war next gen. 2 big AAA exclusives a year won't cut it next gen.
I disagree, the simple fact that MS bought a few studios doesn't automatically translate to quality content. 2 big AAA exclusives per year from Sony would suffice imo, as long as they're good games I don't think anyone would be complaining.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

In an perfect world I'd want them to pick up Insomniac and Capcom as that would give us a solid 3-4 AAA exclusive titles per year I think and we wouldn't run into a situation like we got with the PS4 where they blow their load well in advance and have fewer big games to announce. I'm hoping we get a scenario where we don't get any game reveals that're more than a year out from release.

Picking up more studios like Bluepoint, Remedy, Supermassive and the others would also be nice, but Capcom and Insomniac are top of my wishlist.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
To me, the most annoying part of this thread is people dismissing any potential multiplayer features for the Horizon Zero Dawn sequel. People seems to forget that Horizon was initially envisioned as a co-op featured game. :/

Yes, it was. But it released as a single player story focussed game, and found a huge success, so the sequel should do the same and be a single player game first and foremost. Completely separate coop mode? Sure, go for it, I would play it. But no bullshit coop in campaign.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

Because while they may have initially envisioned it as a co-op game, what we ended up getting is very much a single-player game. Whatever co-op roots that it may have had were ripped out. And that went on to sell 10m+ units. I don't see any reason why they'd attempt to mess with that and potentially mess things up. Now that they seem to have a second team, they can make a multiplayer game through that instead of using Horizon for that.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Yeah, but Brasil isn't the one of the biggest market for PlayStation, no matter how country is big or is it one most emerging market or not, same crap for China ( although, Shu surely knows who is the leader in neighboring country ) There is a very high possibility that Shu didn't know who Bolsonara is ( neither do i ).

At the risk of sounding condescending, American ignorance towards foreign affairs is a rather unique thing and I don't think it's shared by Japan. Especially not by Japanese business leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.