Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2019
The first game had some potential, but the ip is very toxic right now. Unless this knocks out of the park completely, it's gonna be another Knack 2 where the game was decent but nobody bought because the ip is ruined.

Sony can sell a game like they can sell ice to a pinguim.
If they game is actualy good(and by good) i mean if they think they can sell the game, then the game will easily top 3M or maybe even more. Vampires is a easy theme to sell.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Strongly disagree.

I think Horizon Zero Dawn II could easily have a co-op future ala Monster Hunter World. That'd be rad.

I'd come for the SP campaign first and foremost, but I'd stay for the expansions and the multiplayer, as opposed to completing the campaign, DLC and then not returning at all as I've done with the first game upon completing Frozen Wilds.

Who wouldn't want to go hunt robo dinos with your pals? Even if you didn't, it's not like you wouldn't have an SP mode to play.

Sure, the single-player would still be there. But how many examples are there of sequels to single-player only games adding multiplayer and it having no impact on the overall quality of the campaign?

No_Face

Dec 18, 2017
Brigerbad, Switzerland
Ready at Dawn are really talented, I'm sure they could pull off an improved sequel. The IP itself is awesome and it would be a waste not to use that engine for a ps5 tech demonstration. The order is still one of the graphically most impressive games after all. Not to mention they have made one of the best VR games, so I guess continuing the partnership would make sense from a Business point of view.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Buying some of these studios seems like a waste compared to Capcom in that they own almost no IPs. So what exactly are you buying?

Insomniac would be foolish to sell now since they can make a few more Spiderman games and make enough money to finance their own IPs. If those are a hit they will become a major third-party studio. If they fail, they could just sell then for an even bigger profit than selling now.
Talent and the branding associated to it, mainly, I suppose.

You can always make new IP's, but good talent is not always easy to come by.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Guys please stop asking for a The Order sequel. As evidenced by Knack 2, Sony doesn't know when people are joking or not.

Deleted member 24417

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sony actually has several studios "available" to look at.

- Level-5 to meet the need for more JRPGs.
- Arc System Works for more fighting games.
- Housemarque, Bluepoint and Ready At Down because they have a huge talent.
- Insomniac, Remedy and KojiPro to to continue the legacy of "great storytelling games" that Sony has built in recent years.
- Arrowhead and Illfonic for more AA throughout the year.

And it's quite incredible to think that Remedy is the only one of those that doesn't have a lasting relationship with Sony. I thought to suggest some studio to do more racing games, but I can't see any one available on the market (Codemasters have that F1 license that virtually forces them to remain multi-platform and Slightly Mad Studios seems too invested in the PC market to accept any offer), If Sony wants to invest in it, it will have to create a studio from scratch.

I'm sure Sony is nowadays regretting Evolution's closure, that studio together with Psygnosis and Zipper could've been a great resource :(

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
I'm all in for a sequel to The Order on PS5 if that means the partnership between Ready at Dawn & Sony can continue.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
The Order: 1888, where playtime is divided/frequently switching between rouge Galahad and the newly-promoted Lafayette. So in.

Just lay on the steampunk, phosphorous gun and moustaches as thickly as possible. And don't go open world with it.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
The more games Sony are making, the better in my opinion.

Also if the rumors are true, great to see Sony and RAD teaming up again.

Jul 15, 2019
I hope Jordan (recently became a writer at suckerpunch) doesn't lose his job over him saying what he said about the The Order sequel. That being said if The Order does get a sequel they should add a multiplayer to it. Has great potential for an awesome multiplayer. Even something tacked on like uncharted multiplayer would be fine. I imagine if it true they're working on a sequel to the order, we will see a tech demonstration of it next year at E3 for the ps5.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure Sony is nowadays regretting Evolution's closure, that studio together with Psygnosis and Zipper could've been a great resource :(
They closed it because they realized that they don't need two "racing" studios (and that Driveclub launch tho) Studio Liverpool was a mess. Cambridge Studio and Zipper Interactive hurts tho.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
They closed it because they realized that they don't need two "racing" studios (and that Driveclub launch tho) Studio Liverpool was a mess. Cambridge Studio and Zipper Interactive hurts tho.

But that's only because any 1st Party Racing game that wasn't Gran Turismo didn't sell. If they had something in Forza Horizon's quality and sales, would they still think the same?

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe RAD is making like a multiplatform spiritual sucessor?

I dont really see why Sony would fund a sequel to The Order

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But that's only because any 1st Party Racing game that wasn't Gran Turismo didn't sell. If they had something in Forza Horizon's quality and sales, would they still think the same?
No. Because they don't need "something like Forza Horizon". And surely not two racing studios imho.
A RPG, JRPG or even FPS (FP... yikes) studio? Yeah, why not.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
The Order 1986 where Galahad is snorting coke off his lightning gun and the werewolves all have Jerry curls

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Hope The Order rumor is true, that ip has potential.

You mean the people who went on to create Onrush that massive flopped? Yeah I don't think Sony regrets that.
They created that game in the space of what seemed like a year lol. They should have been put on a new Motorstorm. Perfect 40 dollar release. There was no reason to shit on the dev and put them out. Onrush was just something new, a dev trying a new game out.

If I were Sony I would regret killing them off completely.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
That was fast, back to the complains that Sony has no news and speculations about which studio Sony should buy.

Nah, I think the discussion now should be how should Sony proceed on the portable front? PS Now will be on phones, but what about an actual handheld successor to the Vita? At the EXTREME least it could be a 5G device with full controls to play PS Now and not much else. In a perfect world it would be capable of playing watered down PS5 games as well. In a more realistic world it'd be somewhere in the middle.

So... anyone else want a new portable from Sony? :)

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Maybe RAD is making like a multiplatform spiritual sucessor?

I dont really see why Sony would fund a sequel to The Order
Because the world has incredible potential? Are you people that insane you can't see potential anywhere? Not sure they would fun it all by themselves or anything they are pretty risk averse.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
Studio Liverpool and Evo were two very expensive studios that only made games in a single dying genre that pretty much failed to justify their own existence for a while there.

And I say that as someone that loves WipEout to bits and thinks it's criminal we likely won't ever get a new one.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, I think the discussion now should be how should Sony proceed on the portable front? PS Now will be on phones, but what about an actual handheld successor to the Vita? At the EXTREME least it could be a 5G device with full controls to play PS Now and not much else. In a perfect world it would be capable of playing watered down PS5 games as well. In a more realistic world it'd be somewhere in the middle.

If it's to have another abandoned machine, don't bother. Nintendo and Sony proved it's better to only have one platform to support.
The vita's successor is the switch.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting tidbit from this week's Gamerheads Podcast: guest Jordan Mychal Lemos (currently writer at Sucker Punch) heard that Ready at Dawn are working on a sequel to The Order 1886.

Starts at 00:09:10.

tenor.gif

Jul 15, 2019

no thanks. the switch is dominating that front. no need for sony to go back to it. focus on the home consoles like ps5
I know. And Arrowhead Studios and Housemarque's next games are multiplayer games. Just like the 1st party Predator game.
really? nice, finally some multiplayer games for PlayStation, just hope they are good

The trolls and haters for Bend were absolutely INSANE. I have never seen people actively want a game to fail so hard in all my life.

They all just up and fucking disappeared now too.
i am still waiting for sony to release the sale numbers

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Anyone actively wanting a vita successor is loony to me. Switch is coming out with a 200 dollar handheld. With its library. Like, lol vita 2? Not competing.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR

Wasn't there a rumor from one of those journals (I think it was the WSJ) saying that Sony was planning a companion "gaming tablet" for the PS5?

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
no thanks. the switch is dominating that front. no need for sony to go back to it. focus on the home consoles like ps5

really? nice, finally some multiplayer games for PlayStation, just hope they are good

i am still waiting for sony to release the sale numbers
They won't be doing that probably until the 30 dollar sale is over with or whatever. Guaranteed that game did well.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The trolls and haters for Bend were absolutely INSANE. I have never seen people actively want a game to fail so hard in all my life.

They all just up and fucking disappeared now too.
Because it's selling really well and most people who played it loved it. It was (and is) beautiful to watch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
daysgonesmile3cky3.jpg

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018

If PSVR is portable, then they got it right there! ;)

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
They created that game in the space of what seemed like a year lol. They should have been put on a new Motorstorm. Perfect 40 dollar release. There was no reason to shit on the dev and put them out. Onrush was just something new, a dev trying a new game out.

If I were Sony I would regret killing them off completely.

I'm not shitting on them I'm just showing the facts, they didn't get any critical or comercial success game before or after leaving Sony so I don't get why would they regret closing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.