• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a big baby and low pain tolerance/needles scare me but plan to get a huge Vulpix tattoo on my upper thigh next summer. Many neat Tattoos here!

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
h2H0Rvs.jpg

JSoup

Oct 27, 2017
I replaced the Squid Sister one i had planned with this, it's kinda nsfw but i will spoiler tag it. Not a fully naked design btw, just back and butt and no sexual intercourse.

But still look at your own decision.
NSFW warning!
scSzRgP.jpg

It's Marie droppin her Splatoon 2 kimono and showing of her tattoo, yeah i know that's kinda meta but i really love the design and not just because of the sexual part, honestly i like the details overall more.

I asked close friends family etc again about the naked part and they all found it fine, they agreed placing it on my back so it's mostly hidden is the best and tbh i dunno where it would fit else lol back always was my choice anyway. My dad has full naked tattoo's and here in the netherlands we are very open to nudity and sex, so it's not like i am a sexist or pervert. And my dad is a cool dude altho i don't want full frontal nude tattoos myself, this is the only nsfw one i am gettin.

Appointment is next month in april will share the outcome in spoilers tags again so no worries. Only will share it openly on fb and twitter but on twitter i will tag it nsfw atleast.

That is goddamn beautiful.

timvasion

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
I have Pac-Man and the ghost going around my right arm. Had if for about 6 years and haven't gotten it touched up....I should probably do that. Sorry for the potato quality. Kinda hard to take a picture with your non-dominant arm. :D
7JE0YFh.jpg

iqxvv2z.jpg

5jRrM9e.jpg

catskratch

Oct 25, 2017
I also have a Pac-Man tattoo as it was the first videogame I ever played:
205861_10150332340680568_1769014_n.jpg

A highlight of my life was getting to show it to Mr Toru Iwatani at a Pac-Man anniversary party. His reaction was priceless!

11350573_10153248291260568_5299358608448935326_n.jpg

I also have Fuujin and Raijin on the backs of my calves, they're referenced in many videogames so I hope it counts :)

284645_10150332340635568_2626364_n.jpg

Vazra

Oct 26, 2017
Some cool stuff. I want to get Bayonetta's moon symbol sometime but lacking the budget to do it right

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got my first and only tattoo 4 months ago, something I never imagined because I'm mortally afraid of needles. It's inspired by Life Is Strange, a game that meant a lot to me and hit me really deep. Although it's not an image taken straight from the game (not even the same art style), the doe and butterfly do appear there and are closely related to the main characters. I didn't want anything that screamed "video game", so that's why I went with something subtler than just Max and Chloe.

The geometric designs (circle, triangles and dots) don't have any meaning, just thought they looked cool.

SZibjfq.jpg

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I got Zack, Cloud, Zidane and Vivi, and a bunch of old FFVI chibi sketches from Nomura (mostly probably don't know it).

3KiAKrL.png

jbg06kr.png

eda6AfH.jpg

OXhxu9D.jpg

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Don't have any tattoos, don't really want one, but if I did, I'd get the Pearl of Nayru from Zelda: The Wind Waker, or maybe a Triforce with the lower-left colored blue. Another is the Protoss insignia.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mad respect for the people in here showing their ink. It takes a lot of courage and a true passion for the art subject to commit to getting something inked on your skin.

That's a level of fan passion I have yet to achieve.

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Getting some iteration of the Lucis crest from FFXV sometime in the very near future

0b33e76d415048548258cbefc83c892e.jpg

without the "XV" of course

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
It's kind of funny how like 90% of these are from Nintendo games. They leave their mark, figuratively and literally.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
That's an incredible work of art, OP. I've always wanted a Phantasy Star tattoo, but my favorite game was the Dreamcast one, you know, the one where there are no defined characters, so I never knew what to get.

In the meantime I wanted to get one of Tetra, from Wind Waker. It was the first game my wife and I beat together and we named our wonderful cat after her. So many Zelda tattoos on these threads always make me hesitant about it though lol

OP
OP
Laevateinn

Laevateinn

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
That's an incredible work of art, OP. I've always wanted a Phantasy Star tattoo, but my favorite game was the Dreamcast one, you know, the one where there are no defined characters, so I never knew what to get.

In the meantime I wanted to get one of Tetra, from Wind Waker. It was the first game my wife and I beat together and we named our wonderful cat after her. So many Zelda tattoos on these threads always make me hesitant about it though lol
Actually, when I first started talking to Hori Benny, I was going back and forth between Alis Landale and Red Ring Rico. I was actually pretty heavily leaning towards Rico but when I found out he was such a hardcore PS1 and 2 fan, I let him do whatever he wanted which is why Nei is in there too. It was originally only supposed to be about half the size too.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
Actually, when I first started talking to Hori Benny, I was going back and forth between Alis Landale and Red Ring Rico. I was actually pretty heavily leaning towards Rico but when I found out he was such a hardcore PS1 and 2 fan, I let him do whatever he wanted which is why Nei is in there too. It was originally only supposed to be about half the size too.
That's so fucking cool! I've actually thought a few times of getting Rico's ring somewhere. Or perhaps the Pioneer spaceship. I'll be looking up more work by your artist, for inspiration :)

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The inside of my wrist isn't a video game reference so I'll just post the outside of my arm. Just got done with the second session and I have another one coming in a couple months after everything heals. I seriously don't expect anyone to ever get it, but I got it more for personal significance than any kind of care for aesthetics so... eh.
zRG4C2j.jpg

I know you posted this months ago, but I love it.

Anyhow, I don't have a video game tattoo yet, but I will in about 36 hours! Getting a Moogle, with some slight modifications to make it symbolic on a personal level. Can't wait

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
God knows how much I'd like to get a tatoo in my forearm of the "Z" in the BOTW logo. Unfortunately, that letter happens to be the name of a cartel here in Mexico and I am afraid of somehow that tatoo getting me in trouble :(

Great tattoo!
I'm sorry, that sucks. Hopefully some day you'll be able to get that rad tat without fear of repercussions.

Hollywood Pescado

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 28, 2018
Wow Laevateinn you're tattoo is amazing! It's very well done!

Anyways, I don't have any gaming tattoos yet. I just think I would change my mind about them at some point like if I stop liking my favorite game series or the games in that series turn out bad or something. That shouldn't take away from the tattoo, I know, but that's what I think. lol. Besides, I just wouldn't know what to get.

Oh and, just wanted to say that I'm not particularly a fan of game logo tattoos (like the triforce, Foxhound logo, etc.) because most people have them.

I just looked at all that tats on this thread and I see a lot of good ones.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gorgeous tats all around!

I kinda want a logo of the YoRHa logo from NieR Automata tattooed on me but I have no idea what size I'd want it or where, lol.

Left shoulder perhaps.

Or a wrist or inner arm...