• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Doogdogg

Oct 27, 2017
Even though I know it's included in the bill, I don't even know how this self employed/contractor unemployment would work. Would it still have to come from somewhere? Like would ride share drivers have to hope that Uber/Lyft will cover the gajillion unemployment payments they're about to get propositioned? Cause I don't see that happening. And for people like artists and such, where would they even file to if they don't have any company ties?
I'm gonna call the state to ask. But knowing them, the call will be on hold for 45 minutes and go unanswered.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, it's fraud what your talking about doing. They may check with your place of employment to see if you were fired and you could get in trouble. If you want to risk it go ahead but realize you could fuck yourself over.
It's not fraud. It's explicitly allowed by the bill. It has its own bullet point.

suntoucher

Oct 27, 2017
Moved to the US in 2019, have yet to file my 2019 taxes (almost done, delayed because I first had to file my taxes back home). Is there any chance of me getting a check?

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
A 200 difference doesn't matter much. If it pushes you over the threshold, I think it's like $10 less.

If your grandparents are somebody's dependents, they don't get it. If they collect
Yeah it was like 250 to 300 last year and now if I submit my taxes I'm getting 14 dollars lol. So I'm not sure if I should submit it anyways.

My grandparents actually aren't marked as someone's dependents but I have been taking care of them for a year so I've been thinking of assigning them as such.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Is the amendment vote expected to mainly follow party lines? So it shouldn't pass at 60 votes unless nine or so D's defect?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
weird it let me right in. No cable provider.
6VyYQZB.png

if someone has a different stream hit me up plz

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it was like 250 to 300 last year and now if I submit my taxes I'm getting 14 dollars lol. So I'm not sure if I should submit it anyways.

My grandparents actually aren't marked as someone's dependents but I have been taking care of them for a year so I've been thinking of assigning them as such.
You could just wait so it uses 2018 and then file 2019 with them as your dependents (assuming they haven't filed yet).

NPVinny

Dec 13, 2017

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
www.c-span.org

Senate Passes $2 Trillion Economic Stimulus Bill, 96-0

The Senate voted 96-0 in favor of a bill to respond to the coronavirus pandemic. The $2 trillion stimulus package would expand unemployment benefits, provide cash payments to taxpayers, fund hospitals and state and local governments, and offer small business grants and big business loans.

?
yea, first part is amendment by graham to limit Unemployment Aid that was proprosed to be $600 every week for four months

second part is the bill itself

Basically the first part is just the appetizer and the second part is the main course

NPVinny

Dec 13, 2017
yea, first part is amendment by graham to limit Unemployment Aid that was proprosed to be $600 every week for four months

second part is the bill itself

Basically the first part is just the appetizer and the second part is the main course

The question mark was for Fat4all to basically ask if the stream link I gave works.

NPVinny

Dec 13, 2017
Sorry if this was brought up recently, but do we have the text of the newest bill somewhere?

Or does anyone know how the extra unemployment works? Is there a Federal website I'd have to sign up for in addition to my state?