• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
User threadbanned, pending further review: ignoring staff guidelines

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
One thing I forgot to mention that really sucks is that some of those states will almost certainly try to hit those women with murder charges for getting abortions in other states. That's possibly the worst thing about this whole scenario.

Ah but you think too small, what about people who perform the abortion, or drive the woman there, or help pay for it, or lease the clinic. They can all be accessories.

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
Yeah she'll feed decisions to her husband and the rest of her cult to tell her how to vote . It's a part of the "People of Praise" shit.

Some of her past decisions before have been MONSTROUS.
The fact she felt comfortable blandly refusing to 'speculate' on states treating abortion as murder cases like spoke fucking volumes

Like there's gonna be something when the full casework is presented to her that's going to make her think that not a monstrous fucking idea?

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't a fan of packing the courts, but I certainly won't complain if it means watching the GOP melt down in all their hypocrisy.

Weeaboom

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Disingenuous drive-by trolling in a sensitive thread; account in junior phase.
I can see this is a very divisive, and sensitive topic for a lot of folks. However, I think it is great to see another woman on the Supreme Court.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
If Dems can take back Pres and both houses of Congress they need to go scorched earth and just go ham on stacking the deck in their favor so there can't be any kind of reversal in 2022 or 24. Pack the court, set 15-20 year term limits, set mandatory retirement at 70 if that comes first, any or all of these. Whatever it takes. And that goes for the lower courts too which are in an even more scary state than the SC. Get these fucks out or make them irrelevant. DC and PR statehood. Fuck the Reapportionment Act of '29 and expand the House a shit ton. Re-instate Voting Rights Act's Section 5 with updated section 4b. Do what they can to expand voter rights and access further to increase turnouts and soften the impact of the EC and other bullshit voter suppression stuff.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
This was a foregone conclusion. GOP doesn't give a fig for norms. Pack the courts, DC statehood, no quarter until the government represents the people again

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
If Dems can take back Pres and both houses of Congress they need to go scorched earth and just go ham on stacking the deck in their favor so there can't be any kind of reversal in 2022 or 24. Pack the court, set 15-20 year term limits, set mandatory retirement at 70 if that comes first, any or all of these. Whatever it takes. And that goes for the lower courts too which are in an even more scary state than the SC. Get these fucks out or make them irrelevant. DC and PR statehood. Fuck the Reapportionment Act of '29 and expand the House a shit ton. Re-instate Voting Rights Act's Section 5 with updated section 4b. Do what they can to expand voter rights and access further to increase turnouts and soften the impact of the EC and other bullshit voter suppression stuff.
Setting limits is a constitutional amendment. That's just straight upnno feasible unfortunately.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I can see this is a very divisive, and sensitive topic for a lot of folks. However, I think it is great to see another woman on the Supreme Court.

She's regressive. This is like being happy that Clarence Thomas is a justice because he's black while you ignore that he has credible sexual assault allegations and a record of depriving rights for minorities.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
I was going to write up a long encouraging post but I think i got a good short one...

No amount of hate, restriction or tyranny will ever be able to remove the love we have for our fellow citizens in our hearts. No person or court will ever be able to change that. Sure they can make life a lot harder for us, but we can make that hard for them. And we can help make life easier for each other. There is no defeat here, they've only gained a new piece on the board.
Nah, I fucking hate the 40% of citizens who backed this clown.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Setting limits is a constitutional amendment. That's just straight upnno feasible unfortunately.
Not necessarily. There are proposals to make Justices "Senior Justices" that then go on to serve lower courts or can be called up if a vacancy suddenly occurs, but are otherwise no longer a part of the main court body that do not conflict with the Constitution and thus don't require an Amendment.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
This is a huge setback, but also a reminder that progress is not some gradual, inevitable march forward. We need to fight for everything. After slavery was abolished, it's not like the country gradually got better for black people from then on. Things got much worse for decades. It's nice to see that voter turnout is already way up, but don't ever let people forget the importance of voting in every election at every level of government.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017

A woman who has 2 years of experience and wants to cause harm to healthcare and a woman's right to choose because she's a religious Trumper nutbag. Yeah, that's really great. A surefire Susan B Anthony.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
ER-XqM2XsAEwqp4.jpg