• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

badnewsbeers

Dec 10, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Having to fight the first dude always is stupid. That shit never happened with II and Bloodborne end bosses. It's the only case where I can say FROM put some artificial difficulty for no reason.

After some time away, you're right. The problem is I got so used to the combat style of the later rounds that flipping back to the first fight was jarring and I always died once or twice stupidly before adjusting again. It was completely unnecessary and rage inducing. I'm down a controller - first time since I was 5 or 6 with NES!

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I know I will regret saying this, but this game seems to be getting easier the further you get along.

Just entered the hidden fortress and
I more or less stumbled my way into there. Where I was really careful before, I got Snake Eyes on my 4th or 5th attempt more or less fooling around with regaining stealth and killing him once, then getting him done fast. The "infiltration" was interesting in that I didn't really pay attention to stealth for the first time in the game and sliced through most of the enemies. Actually entering the cave, I needed one stealth kill with the regain stealth finisher to get the two shotgun guys. The Giraffe after I killed on my first try.

Truth to be told, I like areas where I can use stealth more - it's a very nice diversion to the bosses and mid-bosses where I have to fight and learn them all the time and piece by piece. Plucking out Monks from the bushes and trees without being seen is a lot of fun in between.

How many areas would you say am I away from the late game? Am I past the halfway point?

From a lore perspective I'm looking to find out more about the monks. Those sick fucks did a lot of experimentation it seems.

Oh and I thought I finished a quest and nothing happened
That big guy wanted to disappear and I helped him do so - will I see him again? Did he really leave nothing behind? Or did I miss something on that quest?

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
I finally beat the beat the purple ninja felt really good, I am still early in the game but I was determined to beat this guy. Firecrackers and Ichimonji helped me a lot.

Jul 20, 2018
Argh I need ONE more Lapis Lazuli to upgrade all prosthetics and the only way to get it is to fight DoH now and I don't waaaaant to.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I need to take a breather - this Shura ending boss is so far outside my comfort zone.
Fucking full zone fire shit covering the floor out of nowhere! Give me a big monster boss any day, to these human duel bosses, sheesh. I know it's practically nothing but a hardcore end game run of human duel boss run from here until I get all 4 endings, lol.
It's going to be a long, loooooong end game!!

Last edited by a moderator:

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
Have attempted Demon of Hatred about 100-150 times now. It takes me approximately an hour of dying to get to his third phase. In the first two phases, I die to his unblockable charge attack 90% of the time. Hitboxes are absolutely terrible, I guess his pinky hits me or something. In the third phase, all hell breaks loose and I die in about one or two minutes. Rinse and repeat. This is torture, it stopped being fun ages ago.

Waggles

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Have attempted Demon of Hatred about 100-150 times now. It takes me approximately an hour of dying to get to his third phase. In the first two phases, I die to his unblockable charge attack 90% of the time. Hitboxes are absolutely terrible, I guess his pinky hits me or something. In the third phase, all hell breaks loose and I die in about one or two minutes. Rinse and repeat. This is torture, it stopped being fun ages ago.
Doh aint bad. His closeup attacks are forgiving, provided you can parry by this point. For his charge, jump to the left. It never hit me once i figured that out.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I need to take a breather - this Shura ending boss is so far outside my comfort zone.
Fucking full zone fire shit covering the floor out of nowhere! Give me a big monster boss any day, to these human duel bosses, sheesh. I know it's practically nothing but a hardcore end game run of human duel boss run from here until I get all 4 endings, lol.
This is pissing me off as well. Completely destroying my confidence. :P

badnewsbeers

Dec 10, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I know I will regret saying this, but this game seems to be getting easier the further you get along.

I more or less stumbled my way into there. Where I was really careful before, I got Snake Eyes on my 4th or 5th attempt more or less fooling around with regaining stealth and killing him once, then getting him done fast. The "infiltration" was interesting in that I didn't really pay attention to stealth for the first time in the game and sliced through most of the enemies. Actually entering the cave, I needed one stealth kill with the regain stealth finisher to get the two shotgun guys. The Giraffe after I killed on my first try.

Truth to be told, I like areas where I can use stealth more - it's a very nice diversion to the bosses and mid-bosses where I have to fight and learn them all the time and piece by piece. Plucking out Monks from the bushes and trees without being seen is a lot of fun in between.

How many areas would you say am I away from the late game? Am I past the halfway point?

From a lore perspective I'm looking to find out more about the monks. Those sick fucks did a lot of experimentation it seems.

That big guy wanted to disappear and I helped him do so - will I see him again? Did he really leave nothing behind? Or did I miss something on that quest?

I thought the same thing until the final boss buddy. You made the best choice on that quest too. You're decently far, maybe 2/3?

ArtVandelay

Banned
May 29, 2018
Doh aint bad. His closeup attacks are forgiving, provided you can parry by this point. For his charge, jump to the left. It never hit me once i figured that out.

I can parry his closeup attacks pretty well, though his stomp still hits me from time to time. I try to jump to the right when he charges. But if I'm just an inch too far in the middle, I don't have enough time to react. Luck has a lot to do with it. If this guy "ain't bad", I wonder what you would consider difficult.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
that attack is actually a great opportunity for you: jump left and immediately run towards him to get a couple of hits

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about it, the more I just can't get behind the death penalty in this game. Namely, not giving the player a chance to recover their corpse (souls/money). I can't think of a good reason why they chose to go in this direction. It just makes it super frustrating to explore, especially since it's not always clear when a boss is coming up and the fog barriers will prevent you from running back to a bonfire.

Once you do get to a boss, the only logical thing to do is to go farm until you earn a new skill point and then spend all of your money before beginning your attempt.

Just seems like an annoying twist on the formula that adds nothing to the experience. Kind of like the blood vials in Bloodborne, but even more annoying.

Noctis0Stella

Mar 17, 2019
There are two missing areas for me, but I cant get there.
1. in the ashina depth at the poison pool idol, there a big buddha statue with loot on his head. How can i get there?
2. after that poison pool area where you fight against the 2 big apes, theres also loot up there.

Waggles

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can parry his closeup attacks pretty well, though his stomp still hits me from time to time. I try to jump to the right when he charges. But if I'm just an inch too far in the middle, I don't have enough time to react. Luck has a lot to do with it. If this guy "ain't bad", I wonder what you would consider difficult.
He's a battle of endurance. No cheap moves, fairly slow, you just gotta not mess up more than twice without healing.

And if you're jumping to the right, you're doing it wring. Jump left, you'll never get hit.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017

Go back to the monkey house, there's a pillar of light by the Inner Sanctum idol

Leocarian

Banned
May 13, 2018
I killed Guardian Ape and Orin of Water without getting hit once. Making a YouTube guide this will be fun! Goal is to kill all bosses 0 hit kills.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
There are two missing areas for me, but I cant get there.
1. in the ashina depth at the poison pool idol, there a big buddha statue with loot on his head. How can i get there?
2. after that poison pool area where you fight against the 2 big apes, theres also loot up there.
Right at the start of the tunnel leading to the apes from the poison pool turn left, there's a crawlspace you can walk through

Deleted member 4067

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda shook of fighting DoH and the final boss. Hope they don't give me too much trouble, just beat the other secret boss after like 50 attempts.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Any tips for
Owl in Harata estate? His moveset is very diverse. And screw him for changing up the plunge attack to slice at the last minute...

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I thought the same thing until the final boss buddy. You made the best choice on that quest too. You're decently far, maybe 2/3?

Nice! That's actually further than I thought! Second third took way less time than the first one then.

And I had trouble at Genshiro before even if I knew what I needed to do to beat him. I know that I will have trouble in the end game. Still excited to see what will wait there though.

Go back to the monkey house, there's a pillar of light by the Inner Sanctum idol

Thanks, I'll have a look tomorrow!

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Look at that fight as practice. I thought it was much harder than the very last fight.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Use
Malconent tool and confettis. The first stuns him for some good seconds to allow you to freely hit him (up to 3 times) and the latter increase your damage to him. Also the umbrella to block the attacks you're having more problems dealing.

Oct 28, 2017
The more I think about it, the more I just can't get behind the death penalty in this game. Namely, not giving the player a chance to recover their corpse (souls/money). I can't think of a good reason why they chose to go in this direction. It just makes it super frustrating to explore, especially since it's not always clear when a boss is coming up and the fog barriers will prevent you from running back to a bonfire.

Once you do get to a boss, the only logical thing to do is to go farm until you earn a new skill point and then spend all of your money before beginning your attempt.

Just seems like an annoying twist on the formula that adds nothing to the experience. Kind of like the blood vials in Bloodborne, but even more annoying.
I mean, just don't think about it. It honestly doesn't matter. You'll get skill points naturally as you play. More than enough and the death penalty won't stop you from levelling enough. You don't need to farm shit. As for money, if you ever want to buy something you get a million money bags for you to use for that.

Honestly the death penalty is almost non existent. Money lost doesn't matter because of coin purses. XP lost is like......so what? You get more than enough XP just playing naturally.

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the death penalty is almost non existent. Money lost doesn't matter because of coin purses. XP lost is like......so what? You get more than enough XP just playing naturally.

Unless you die while exploring. Maybe it's just how I played the Souls games. I would often die while exploring, carefully make my way back to my corpse, make a bit more progress, maybe die again, be relieved when I found a bonfire, rinse & repeat.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or does the anti-air deathblow just make you feel like a complete bad-ass? Cause I love when I get a chance to use it.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I spent all my excess money on Spirit Emblems and had over 700 most of the game. Still finished with 10k worth of coin purses.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, just don't think about it. It honestly doesn't matter. You'll get skill points naturally as you play. More than enough and the death penalty won't stop you from levelling enough. You don't need to farm shit. As for money, if you ever want to buy something you get a million money bags for you to use for that.

I just wish coin purses weren't finite. What the hell was the mentality behind making it so shopkeepers can RUN OUT of coin purses?!

ArtVandelay

Banned
May 29, 2018
Use
Malconent tool and confettis. The first stuns him for some good seconds to allow you to freely hit him (up to 3 times) and the latter increase your damage to him. Also the umbrella to block the attacks you're having more problems dealing.

Thanks, already using the malcontent tool and the umbrella. Didn't know confettis work on him, though. So I'll give that a try.

Oct 28, 2017
Unless you die while exploring.
Yeah. You will. It happens. You still get more than enough XP naturally. I explored areas thoroughly. I'm sure I died as much as the next person. I never felt the need to farm or felt underlevelled.

And lets be honest the vast majority of stuff on the skill trees are borderline useless. There's only a handful of things you really need to use your skill points on.

Musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I am at the end of the game and never used it. Do you do a deathblow regarding of the heal or posture of the enemy? You both have to be in air?

Its literally like the name suggests. Its an anti-air move that allow you to instantly death blow enemies. Like
Shichiman Warrior and guys that throw those giant balls at you in Fountainhead palace.
If they jump you can just intercept them and boom instantly dead. Its fucking rad.

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. You will. It happens. You still get more than enough XP naturally. I explored areas thoroughly. I'm sure I died as much as the next person. I never felt the need to farm or felt underlevelled.

And lets be honest the vast majority of stuff on the skill trees are borderline useless. There's only a handful of things you really need to use your skill points on.

That's another complaint... No ability to reset your skills. I wish I never bought the dash and slide ability, for example, as I constantly accidentally trigger it and haven't seen a legitimate use for it yet. At least I can unequip the trash LB + RB attacks.

Anyway, I just hate losing progress with no opportunity to reclaim it.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Its literally like the name suggests. Its an anti-air move that allow you to instantly death blow enemies. Like
Shichiman Warrior and guys that throw those giant balls at you in Fountainhead palace.
If they jump you can just intercept them and boom instantly dead. Its fucking rad.
Oh Shit that would have made some fights so much easier. I hate those guys

Musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Oh Shit that would have made some fights so much easier. I hate those guys

Yeah, if you have Divine Confetti you can just anti-air death blow them and end the fight with them in seconds. It takes them from being fairly menacing with the high potential for Terror build up to like just absolutely nothing.

Musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Just found out that your second fight with
guardian ape
can be totally skipped in NG+.

It can be skipped in NG as well.
Just have to go to the Ashina Depths first. If you go through that area first he doesn't spawn in the cave until after you kill him the first time

Deleted member 16136

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shura ending done, cruel as fuck but got to fight old man Isshin, still a tough bastard and those fucking flame floor shits pissed me off ..... so I hid in the corner with the umbrella up until it was over. Fucking flames man ...... Just the Immortal Severance and All Skills achievement to go I guess. How do I get the last Skill tree? From starting another NG+ after getting Shura?

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Shura ending done, cruel as fuck but got to fight old man Isshin, still a tough bastard and those fucking flame floor shits pissed me off ..... so I hid in the corner with the umbrella up until it was over. Fucking flames man ...... Just the Immortal Severance and All Skills achievement to go I guess. How do I get the last Skill tree? From starting another NG+ after getting Shura?
Complete the Tengu questline after one mastery.