• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm hoping for a buyout. Better late than never.

It makes sense. Sega has the legacy platforms for BC, a strong PC gaming presence on Windows, the missing genres needed on Xbox, a brand that still has recognition all over the world, a better chance at selling hardware in Asia, and they're affordable.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I mentioned in that Phil Spencer thread that something aggressive needed to happen between these two companies to get some good exclusives on Xbox. Hopefully something does.

All these (semi) joke posts about dream sequels... hell, I want them all. LOL

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox One X exclusive, and they only have a print run of 10,000 copies! People who miss out get this mask to wear instead...

edgead.jpg

giphy.gif

EDIT: I want that mask!

MrCunningham

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
giphy.gif

EDIT: I want that mask!

That was Sega of America's real advertising for Panzer Dragoon Saga. They knew the game was going to be released in a limited run and made a magazine add that appeared in many gaming magazines saying "if you can't find the game, cut out this mask, wear it and pretend to be the main character".

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
That was Sega of America's real advertising for Panzer Dragoon Saga. They knew the game was going to be released in a limited run and made a magazine add that appeared in many gaming magazines saying "if you can't find the game, cut out this mask, wear it and pretend to be the main character".

Mind blown.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Dream scenario: MS like Nintendo are funding some games that would otherwise never happen (maybe a vanquish 2 or something like that).
Likely scenario: just a friendly visit, nothing is really happening.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Microsoft asking for advice on how to gracefully exit the console business and go 3rd Party? Kidding...

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
If this was a big deal I doubt they'd be tweeting it. That said, I'd like to see Sega become an Xbox first party partner. (And survive)

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden

It makes sense. Sega has the legacy platforms for BC, a strong PC gaming presence on Windows, the missing genres needed on Xbox, a brand that still has recognition all over the world, a better chance at selling hardware in Asia, and they're affordable.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Last thing I want to see is Sega or Sonic a Microsoft exclusive. Seeing how they killed Rare I don't trust them

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!

/s

It could mean a lot of things. Will keep watch with some interest. Hopefully there actually is some sort of Sega/Xbox thing happening.

There is something that is just so right about seeing that Sonic next to an Xbox console pic. I really wish MS would form a new partnership as big as their previous one on the original Xbox. It would be fantastic seeing MS fund some SEGA Xbox/PC exclusives

wapplew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sega manage by VP Phil Spencer, they could fund new Panzer Dragoon Saga, Skies of Arcadia and proper episodic Shenmue thanks to Xbox game pass.

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
These comments man. Haha!

I'm sure it has more to do with other visits Phil did in Japan to not skip out on Xbox if multiplat opportunity is there. Phil has been criticised for missing out Japanese games.

Switch

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wales
See it as nothing more than MS doing its best to get some more SEGA stuff on the XBox. Hopefully, it will mean the Yakuza and the like being multi-platform the likes of Orta, JSRF, JSR, HOTD III Ect all joining the BC programme and maybe some more ports of their Arcagames and I would love to see SEGA use the One X as its Arcade board too.

TuMekeNZ

Oct 27, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
Not sure how I'd feel if MS bought Sega and I'm a huge Sega and Xbox fan.
If it meant some of those awesome but dormant franchises like Streets of Rage or Shinobi make a come back then I'd be down for that.
But seeing the once great Sega getting bought out doesn't feel right.
It's probably nothing anyway and just end up being friendly visit or 3rd party exclusive.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Does this mean Xbox can get home versions of Daytona Championship USA (the newest arcade game which got accidentally leaked for download)
and Daytona USA 2 Battle on the Edge + Power Edition ?? Which will be 20 years old this year.

I wanna play these in 4K on Xbox One X.

dgNWVMU.jpg

mO68kux.jpg

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017

I agree 100% with you. It makes sense on all levels.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I thought it was weird when Creative Assembly - a Sega studio - developed Halo Wars 2.

And now another one of their studios - Relic - is developing Age of Empires 4.

What's all that about? How often do we see a publisher-owned developer make a game for another publisher? Only examples I can think of are all Nintendo related (Smash Wii U, Metroid Other M, Metroid Prime 4).

Status
Not open for further replies.