• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's a crime to secretly record people in Washington State, where the school is. (Though maybe a classroom is too public for it to apply?)

uvLbcFQ.png

Last edited:

Hecht

Pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I'll just remind everyone here that we don't tolerate doxxing, etc.

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
Well there is clearly an audience for evil racists so YT and these other companies without any morals will only be too happy to make money off of their backs.

But still why is there such a huge audience for these assholes?

Because racist pricks are obsessive and will consume the content in huge quantities.

Jmanunknown

Oct 26, 2017
its a lecture in a public school

Yeah the law is not clear on whether two party consent is applied in class though. In the one case where their is a definitive ruling they ruled that two party consent applied and the student could not record but that was involving a parent with a child with a disability who wanted to have a tape recorder in the class to hear what the child was being taught.

Oct 29, 2017

This is literally what they think lectures are, forcing opinions (complete with typos, should have paid attention in school more dumbass)

Gen Z is gonna be a helluva lot more conservative than the gen before them and it's gonna be scary

I didn't expect to start wringing my hands about "kids these days" so young, but...holy shit.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Parents need to decide what their kids see on YouTube - and this kid has probably unwittingly just brought his school and family a bunch of disproportionate and unwanted attention and danger to him and his family and his teacher and his classmates and not a single gating factor slowed it down one iota.

Regardless of what you think of the teacher or PewDiePie or YouTube, it's terrifying to think that your middle schooler is one tweet away from a giant maelstrom of potentially dangerous unintended consequences.

The adults amplifying or championing either side of it need to think about what and whom they're exposing the uninvolved kids and teachers to.

GeoNeo

Oct 26, 2017
Parents need to decide what their kids see on YouTube - and this kid has probably unwittingly just brought his school and family a bunch of disproportionate and unwanted attention and danger to him and his family and his teacher and his classmates and not a single gating factor slowed it down one iota.

Regardless of what you think of the teacher or PewDiePie or YouTube, it's terrifying to think that your middle schooler is one tweet away from a giant maelstrom of potentially dangerous unintended consequences.

The adults amplifying or championing either side of it need to think about what and whom they're exposing the uninvolved kids and teachers to.

How are parents suppose to fight the Youtube Algorithms that recommend Alt-Right / Nazi trash like PewDiePie to kids?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever i see stuff like this I just hold on very tightly to the hopes that kids like David Hogg will be there to stand against them.

Apr 16, 2018
User Banned (1 Month): Advocating violence; long and consistent history of inflammatory commentary
can't say what I want to say without getting banned.

So I'll just say I wouldn't feel bad if someone kicked this kid's teeth down his throat.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
PDP as usual not taking responsibility for doing something awful, knowing full well the consequences. What a fucking turd.

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
I've lectured students a few times on YouTube personalities and how they arent good people or role models. Mostly the Logan brothers and pewdieheil.
I guess luckily for me my kids are younger and I'm at a private school.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Lets see to what charity PDP is gonna raise money next to clean all this mess.

Really scary shit.